Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:32 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Message of God's love? You mean such as the following messages?

That Allah should turn disobedient Jews into apes?
2:66] And surely, you have known the end of those amongst you, who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath. So We said to them: ‘Be ye apes, despised.’

5:61] Say, ‘Shall I inform you of those whose reward with Allah is worse than that? They are those whom Allah has cursed and on whom His wrath has fallen and of whom He has made apes and swine and who worship the Evil One. These indeed are in a worse plight, and farther astray from the right path.

[7:167] And when they insolently rebelled against that which they had been forbidden, We said to them, ‘Be ye apes, despised!’

That Allah should curse Jews and Christians?
9:30] And the Jews say, Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say, the Messiah is the son of Allah; that is what they say with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before them. Allah’s curse be on them! How are they turned away!

That Muslims should not take Jews and Christians as friends?
[5:52] O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. And whoso among you takes them for friends is indeed one of them. Verily, Allah guides not the unjust people.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search...?ch=5&verse=51

Do you mean those Islamic messages of love?
Now that is curious. "Apes", that's an expression I suppose. Yet very specific. Like beast perhaps.
Oh well.
Just seems alot like somethin a Dragon would call a man.

Last edited by pinacled; 07-07-2017 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 02:46 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It was not Paul who was caught-up, it was a man named John.
And the Bible does not "flat out" say that Jesus is GOD.

Both Paul and John were caught up at different times. In 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 Paul is referring to himself. It is because Paul ''heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak'' (v.4), it is ''because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations'' (v. 7), that Paul says he was given ''a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from exalting myself!'' (v.7).

It's a simple matter of reading in context.

And yes, the Bible makes direct, specific statements that Jesus is God. I've already provided the verses which do so in post #54.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
It was not Paul who was caught-up, it was a man named John.
And the Bible does not "flat out" say that Jesus is GOD.

Quote:
Both Paul and John were caught up at different times. In 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 Paul is referring to himself. It is because Paul ''heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak'' (v.4), it is ''because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations'' (v. 7), that Paul says he was given ''a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from exalting myself!'' (v.7).

It's a simple matter of reading in context.

And yes, the Bible makes direct, specific statements that Jesus is God. I've already provided the verses which do so in post #54.
What you have provided is conjecture.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:57 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
What you have provided is conjecture.
What I have provided is the word of God which you flat out reject. Save your denials for someone who will buy into them. That's not me. Or bark 'na uh' until the cows come home. It doesn't negate what the Biblical writers wrote.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:58 PM

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...lar-To-Animals

Darn hairy covering used to decieve.
A covering that is difficult to reconcile for some.

Though I suppose the Hebrews are inclined to hear.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
What I have provided is the word of God which you flat out reject. Save your denials for someone who will buy into them. That's not me. Or bark 'na uh' until the cows come home. It doesn't negate what the Biblical writers wrote.
... nor your interpretation of them, which for the most part is what I reject.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Hey what do you know about eber?

Mike speaks honestly.
A shadow of things to come even Sarah laughed about.

I hope no one mocks such a woman after she recieved a son.

Something of a comforter is for women to teach their sons.
What men teach?
I'm not sure if you pay much attention to anything I have shared with you. But I'll ask if you remember what I shared about the cup.
Christ my master and teacher spoke of it.

Last edited by pinacled; 07-07-2017 at 03:27 PM..

Old 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hey what do you know about eber?.
They're a taxi service. Used them once in Birmingham England, i was very impressed. We knew what car, name of driver and very affordable too, showed up exactly on time. Hope that helps.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hey what do you know about eber?

Mike speaks honestly.
A shadow of things to come even Sarah laughed about.

I hope no one mocks such a woman after she recieved a son.

Something of a comforter is for women to teach their sons.
What men teach?
I'm not sure if you pay much attention to anything I have shared with you. But I'll ask if you remember what I shared about the cup.
Christ my master and teacher spoke of it.
I have no doubt that he is honest in what he believes, but I have "crossed over" from where he sits.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I have no doubt that he is honest in what he believes, but I have "crossed over" from where he sits.
I don't doubt you have.
But what about the water and the cup are you going to tell some one like mike555?
An interesting expression I once read about pilots. They used to know ships to travel on water. Now they conquer the air in another fassion. But it is always the same when speaking about our Lord.
Salvation is no small matter. And our Lord is very specific when speaking of Moshe.

A delicate matter concerning strength.

Again I'll ask. Do you remember what I shared with you concerning the cup?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity