Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:10 PM

106 posts, read 68,754 times

Advertisements

From the same source as my quoting on post #15...

Do
you know
what lay in the Holy Land?
. . . . .A new world!
There, at the end of the world,
you are not what you were born
but what you have it in you to be.

And what could a King ask of me?
A better world than has ever been seen.
A Kingdom of Conscience - The Kingdom of Heaven.
There is peace between Christian and Muslim.
We live together... or at least we try.

Did you think that lay at the end of Crusade?
. . . . . . . . . . .It does!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 08:20 PM

186 posts, read 132,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I did not know that. Thank you.

It's a good beginning to a story.
alright

Old 07-07-2017, 08:23 PM

186 posts, read 132,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glu Glukan View Post
From the same source as my quoting on post #15...

Do
you know
what lay in the Holy Land?
. . . . .A new world!
There, at the end of the world,
you are not what you were born
but what you have it in you to be.

And what could a King ask of me?
A better world than has ever been seen.
A Kingdom of Conscience - The Kingdom of Heaven.
There is peace between Christian and Muslim.
We live together... or at least we try.

Did you think that lay at the end of Crusade?
. . . . . . . . . . .It does!

Muslims and Christians belief systems, the way they live and conduct their life, and their morals, are polar opposites.
Light and Darkness have nothing in common

Old 07-07-2017, 09:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It was not Paul who was caught-up, it was a man named John.
And the Bible does not "flat out" say that Jesus is GOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Paul reports a man having been "caught up" also, he was not sure whether it was vision or event. Most believe he was talking about himself.
I knew a man once, who ...was caught up in a vision.
Whether, In the body or out of the body ... I do not know.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:52 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoQueen View Post
Muslims and Christians belief systems, the way they live and conduct their life, and their morals, are polar opposites.
Light and Darkness have nothing in common
And I hear Harvard lawers commit treason.
Strange thing when a judge takes a bribe

Old 07-07-2017, 10:02 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
...that Jesus is mentioned over 180 times in the Qur'an? That to be a true Muslim one must accept Jesus as Christ, as the Messiah? Precious few Christians know these truths, perhaps believing to much disinformation from being media news fed. Whatever we believe, no matter how deeply or sincerely or fervently, will never change truth... and truth without love is nothing. "Truth" by itself can be used as an ice-cold, nasty, hateful weapon.

Am not a Muslim, though after being misled by too many who cherry-pick quotes made out-of-context and make false assertions about Islam towards their own agendas, had made the decision to know for myself, ordering the Oxford translation of the Qur'an, 2010, by Haleem (very understandable unlike many English translations over the years). Had thought at the time that I'd be way put off by what would be discovered within it. Couldn't have been more wrong.

And for Ruth4Truth, respectfully: about Mary- from the parallel account related in the Christian bible, who is *not* mentioned in the Qur'an more than Jesus is (from your thought on another thread):

"The angels said, 'Mary, God gives you news of a Word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, who will be held in honor in this world and the next, who will be one of those brought near to God. He will speak to people in his infancy and in his adulthood. He will be one of the righteous.' She said, 'My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?' [The angel] said, 'This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something, He only says, "Be", and it is. He will teach him the Torah and the Gospel, He will send him as a messenger to the Children of Israel:..."
*Qur'an, chapter/sura 3

Thusly, have posted this in the correct forum this time, and my apology to all for having initially posted some of these thoughts in the wrong place. Am just getting started back here and I've much to re-learn. Thank you for your time as well as your respect.
There is good reason the east wind is spoke of.
And further reason concerning the river euphrates.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:02 PM

9 posts, read 6,609 times
And I hear Harvard lawers commit treason.
Strange thing when a judge takes a bribe

It's spelled lawyers ^^
And I have no idea how that relates to the price of tea in China

Old 07-07-2017, 10:08 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,242,906 times
Quote:
Received, thank you... and respectfully submitted to you: By what authority do you speak to me in command-tense language? My sense is that you have no authorization to tell me what to do, especially while accusing me of something I am not doing. True Islam is not the enemy of Christianity, merely an interpretation of such. We all come up short in our knowing, and my perception is we would greatly benefit from learning to talk with one another again, not talking at each other. If your mind is already made up then I'll not confuse your heart with any more facts. May the peace of the Almighty be upon you and within you. There is no power greater than love.

Give it up. This is the oldest gambit in the world.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have no doubt that he is honest in what he believes, but I have "crossed over" from where he sits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I don't doubt you have.
But what about the water and the cup are you going to tell some one like mike555?
An interesting expression I once read about pilots. They used to know ships to travel on water. Now they conquer the air in another fassion. But it is always the same when speaking about our Lord.
Salvation is no small matter. And our Lord is very specific when speaking of Moshe.

A delicate matter concerning strength.

Again I'll ask. Do you remember what I shared with you concerning the cup?
Often times, I am not sure what you are saying, or the point of it?

Old 07-08-2017, 03:15 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoQueen View Post
There is also nothing heavenly about someone who turns their back against a loving God who gave them life.

Who blessed them with food

With clothing

With everything they have

Family

Friends

Yet it wasn't good enough
Of cause there isn't, but that never changes the heart of the Father anymore than we earthly parents change our hearts towards our own children.

You do realize for the best part most folk do not believe in God or realize they have turned away from him. Anyway, when you turn your back on him, his grace shines on your back. That is what brought the prodigal back, a continual flow of his love reaching out to him until he came to his senses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity