Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 04:28 PM

186 posts, read 131,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glu Glukan View Post
...that Jesus is mentioned over 180 times in the Qur'an? That to be a true Muslim one must accept Jesus as Christ, as the Messiah? Precious few Christians know these truths, perhaps believing to much disinformation from being media news fed. Whatever we believe, no matter how deeply or sincerely or fervently, will never change truth... and truth without love is nothing. "Truth" by itself can be used as an ice-cold, nasty, hateful weapon.

Am not a Muslim, though after being misled by too many who cherry-pick quotes made out-of-context and make false assertions about Islam towards their own agendas, had made the decision to know for myself, ordering the Oxford translation of the Qur'an, 2010, by Haleem (very understandable unlike many English translations over the years). Had thought at the time that I'd be way put off by what would be discovered within it. Couldn't have been more wrong.

And for Ruth4Truth, respectfully: about Mary- from the parallel account related in the Christian bible, who is *not* mentioned in the Qur'an more than Jesus is (from your thought on another thread):

"The angels said, 'Mary, God gives you news of a Word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, who will be held in honor in this world and the next, who will be one of those brought near to God. He will speak to people in his infancy and in his adulthood. He will be one of the righteous.' She said, 'My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?' [The angel] said, 'This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something, He only says, "Be", and it is. He will teach him the Torah and the Gospel, He will send him as a messenger to the Children of Israel:..."
*Qur'an, chapter/sura 3

Thusly, have posted this in the correct forum this time, and my apology to all for having initially posted some of these thoughts in the wrong place. Am just getting started back here and I've much to re-learn. Thank you for your time as well as your respect.
You obviously haven't read the ending. Our Savior is their Anti-Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,714 times
Appologies to the op if what is being posted seems off topic.

It isnt.

And I hope a right thinking person will forgive a person like myself for intrusion upon the kings of the east.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It was not Paul who was caught-up, it was a man named John.
And the Bible does not "flat out" say that Jesus is GOD.

Paul reports a man having been "caught up" also, he was not sure whether it was vision or event. Most believe he was talking about himself.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:36 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoQueen View Post
You obviously haven't read the ending. Our Savior is their Anti-Christ
And the ending of the biblical narrative, according to many Christians, is the complete and utter destruction or the eternal torment of Muslims and everyone else outside of Christianity.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And the ending of the biblical narrative, according to many Christians, is the complete and utter destruction or the eternal torment of Muslims and everyone else outside of Christianity.
The ending to the Bible is the destruction of those who estrange themselves from their heavenly father

Old 07-07-2017, 07:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
The ending to the Bible is the destruction of those who estrange themselves from their heavenly father
There is nothing heavenly about a Father that would do that.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:55 PM

106 posts, read 68,604 times
Quote:

The ending of the Bible is the blessing,

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

Old 07-07-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is nothing heavenly about a Father that would do that.
There is also nothing heavenly about someone who turns their back against a loving God who gave them life.

Who blessed them with food

With clothing

With everything they have

Family

Friends

Yet it wasn't good enough

Old 07-07-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glu Glukan View Post
The ending of the Bible is the blessing,

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

Correct. That is the last sentence of the Bible

Old 07-07-2017, 08:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Correct. That is the last sentence of the Bible
I did not know that. Thank you.

It's a good beginning to a story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity