Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 08:00 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel__123 View Post
I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do. Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.

You've been brought up with a single, flawed, ideology that is just a couple of thousand of years old.
Like all religions - its just a guess - made up by men. Yet humans have existed for hundreds of thousands of years, and sexual attraction, which all animals have for the purposes of reproduction, is still not fully understood. Its clearly a brain function - and like all brain functions can vary among individuals.

God, or Gods, may or may not exist. We don't know. Sure you can believe they exist - but the honest truth is we don't know. This is a truth that all of us, being human beings, knows deep inside.

So - lets face facts. Here you are, born (or made if you like) a certain way, and you are beating up on yourself over an ideology (Christianity) which is only believed by a minority of the world's people (only about 2 billion, ie less than a third of people on earth) and which has ionly been around for about the last 5 minutes of human existence (in relative terms).

You are looking and finding condemnation of yourself in a book, the Bible, which itself is hugely flawed. The Bible mentions slavery without explicitly condemning it. Its not even one of the 10 commandments. Think how that would have changed human history and living conditions. That's screwed up - clearly the book is flawed. The Bible tells you not to wear mixed fibers. Do you think your life is condemned if you wear mixed fibers? Leviticus states that if you curse your parents you should be put to death. There are hundreds of examples of the flawed human-created "morality" of the Bible. Its not the best guide in the world by far.

So forget the idea that a minority belief taught to you from birth by a minority population which condemns you is somehow the actual word of God, if he or she exists, and that you are any less justified in being yourself made the way you were than any other human here.

If you want a guide as to how to treat yourself, and how to treat others, then look at the universal declaration of Human Rights. Its morality is far above that of the Bible, the Koran and most other well-meaning but misguided and flawed attempts at a code. Of course, one follows those rights because it is the right thing to do, which we as humans have come together to agree on, - not because you get a glittery prize of "everlasting life" at the end. Who do you trust? The man that volunteers to help others because it is the right thing to do, or the man that helps others because he gets paid at the end and punished if he doesn't. Who is the moral one.

Stop beating up on yourself for being yourself. And certainly don't confuse God with what a bunch of ideologically-bound Americans say is "God".

Old 07-21-2017, 09:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel__123 View Post
I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do. Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.
No one is suggesting that your sin is any worse or any better than anyone else's. But it isn't who you are.

The beautiful thing about the Gospel is that you don't have to be identified according to your sexual attractions or choices. Life is about more than your sin. Jesus can and does save LGBT people, just as he saves people with other sins. The adulterer finds his identity in Christ -- not his sexual practices. The drunkard finds his identity in Christ, not the bottle. Both are changed by Jesus and can and do get freed from their sins.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:19 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
Emmanuel, do you actually want the truth? many say they do, yet when the hear it, the change their minds. the same thing happen to the rich man Jesus spoke about , (Matt. 19:16-24). here the rich man calling Jesus "GOOD MASTER", asked what could he do to gain eternal life. Jesus first stated no one is Good by God.

he then answered "keep the commandments", then he repeated them. man said to Jesus, “I have kept all of these; what am I still lacking?” Jesus told him that if he wanted to be perfect, sell all his stuff to the poor. then he "will have treasure in heaven", next he told the man to be his follower.

the man walked away sad, because he didn't want to give up his riches. as imperfect humans we have to fight hard against satan's attacks. and that's what's happening to you, (1Pet.5:8), you have to continue fighting him, but you need spiritual help. we as humans can't fight against wicked spirit beings alone.

we can't let satan's temptations cause us to lose our lives ,(James 1:14,15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death).

you KNOW what God says, because you have read it. so ask yourself this question, am i praying to the wrong god? MANY PEOPLE, teach we are to pray to Jesus, is he the one you're praying to? you say you are a "Christian", then do you believe in following Jesus EVERY WORD?

Jesus told us to pray to his Father in Heaven ,(Matt.6:9), the "LORD'S PRAYER", MANY repeats it, yet don't really understand it. next Jesus said no one comes to the Father, but through him ,(John 14:6). this why we say..."in Jesus name". some pray to Jesus, then say..."in your name". if Jesus were the Almighty Father, our prayers wouldn't be heard. because imperfection can't touch perfection. God has to have a mediator,(a go-between).

Jesus is called the "LAMB" for a reason, before he was sent, the true worshippers of Jehovah God prayers could ONLY be heard, by sacrificing a Lamb, the lamb' blood covered sins. (Levi. 4:32). Jesus blood made a way for our sins to be forgiven. but ONLY if... we fight hard to do away with them. he was our "mediator" ,(1Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus).

Jesus set the example for us when it came to praying, because he even prayed to his Father ,(John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee). he said that we should follow him ,(Luke 9:23), he was referring to the way he lived and ALL that he taught.

are you trying to do his Father's "WIIL"?, this is the ONLY way we can be saved ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). Jesus did his Father WILL, (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).

try getting to know the God of Israel, (Jehovah). Jesus said this means life getting to know the "ONE TRUE GOD", as well as we feel we know him ,(Jesus), John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).

and despite MANY not believing this "TRUE GOD" ,either not having a name. or as some had said, that's Jesus name also. Jesus PROVED he wasn't the Almighty Father, and that his Father does have a name. Jesus gave it to the men who Jehovah sent to him ,which were the Apostles, (John 17:6 “I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word"). when Jesus said "they were your", he knew these men worship the God of Israel, but never knew this God's name. just as Abraham and other did, yet didn't.

try given Jehovah God a chance, Jesus taught us to. he loves you, even if you don't know him. once you get to know, develop faith, and pray to him. in time you will see, he will be there ,(1Pet.5:6,7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. ).

he doesn't want ANY of us to die ,(Ezek. 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live ,(Jehovah wants us to change so that we may live). peace

Old 07-21-2017, 09:47 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No one is suggesting that your sin is any worse or any better than anyone else's. But it isn't who you are.

The beautiful thing about the Gospel is that you don't have to be identified according to your sexual attractions or choices. Life is about more than your sin. Jesus can and does save LGBT people, just as he saves people with other sins. The adulterer finds his identity in Christ -- not his sexual practices. The drunkard finds his identity in Christ, not the bottle. Both are changed by Jesus and can and do get freed from their sins.
notice Jesus never said or implied what the godless rancor towards the Bible are stating:
Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
Now why would the so-called " non-judgemental agape man representation" tell this woman to "leave your life of sin" if the godless rancor is correct?

Old 07-21-2017, 09:58 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
notice Jesus never said or implied what the godless rancor towards the Bible are stating:
Now why would the so-called " non-judgemental agape man representation" tell this woman to "leave your life of sin" if the godless rancor is correct?
I'm not sure what you're saying here. It's probably me. Are you suggesting that we should continue in our sin? Is your issue with guys like me that say we are called out of our sin? Or others?

Old 07-21-2017, 12:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're saying here. It's probably me. Are you suggesting that we should continue in our sin? Is your issue with guys like me that say we are called out of our sin? Or others?
Simply ... others who troll this forum.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Go sin no more...... Sounds like a phycian giving someone a clean bill of health, but of cause if you are sick yourself you will never see and understand this.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:53 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:

An example of the mind-set and/or presentation to flee from: presents the attraction as "sin."

Old 07-21-2017, 01:59 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
His usual straw man misrepresentation of liberal thought, claiming that we don't recognize harmful behavior as wrong and to be avoided.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:20 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Go sin no more...... Sounds like a phycian giving someone a clean bill of health, but of cause if you are sick yourself you will never see and understand this.
Or perhaps it meant, leave your sinful ways and become a new person, living a good moral life. You know, like Jesus showed Nicodemus in John 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.