Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 06:17 PM

6,805 posts, read 2,936,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No one is suggesting that your sin (that of the OP) is any worse or any better than anyone else's. But it isn't who you are.
Hmmm . . .just what IS this 'sin' of the OP that you refer to?

Quote:
The beautiful thing about the Gospel is that you don't have to be identified according to your sexual attractions or choices. Life is about more than your sin. Jesus can and does save LGBT people, just as he saves people with other sins.
In what way are LGBT people 'sinners'? Is 'their sin' simply that they are LGBT people? Do they have to deny who they are in order to be 'saved'?

Quote:
The adulterer finds his identity in Christ -- not his sexual practices. The drunkard finds his identity in Christ, not the bottle. Both are changed by Jesus and can and do get freed from their sins.
How can one's innate sexual orientation be 'a sin'? I'm not following.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:29 PM

63,968 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your Carnal appetites have nothing to do with your Spirituality. Your state of mind and character DO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Seriously? You're including the OP in the same group pcamps calls "fundies"?
Hey pcamps, did you see our friend Nate admitted some aspects of homosexuality are actually sinful?
The carnal mindset is insidious. It can even catch up those who are otherwise enlightened.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 PM

20,452 posts, read 12,832,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like i said, you are reading this thread with fundy blinkers on and would prefer to judge what you assume is sin in another, instead of minding your own business and concentrating on working out your own salvation. I never once said that fundies started this thread, but it didn't take a moment before you fundies are calling what you don't agree with to be sin, on this thread.
The only place I ever discuss this issue is here, when liberals bring it up.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:59 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Seriously? You're including the OP in the same group pcamps calls "fundies"?

Hey pcamps, did you see our friend Nate admitted some aspects of homosexuality are actually sinful?
Are you seriously saying that you DON'T see that OP has been caught in a fundamentalist mind set and suffering for it?

Nate did NOT say that "some aspects of homosexuality" are sinful. I said that some ACTIONS of homosexuals are, just as some actions of heterosexuals are.

Would you say that some aspects of heterosexuality are sinful?

Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Matthew 5:28 - But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So, disregard this verse if you're Bi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Learn the difference between "attraction" and "lust."
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
"For if you even look at them with lust, you have already committed fornication/adultery in your heart."
Does that sound familiar at all?

Indeed, all who are good people should rightfully hate and despise all evil, detrimental, and delusional Bibliolatries (even though such lofty collections have good parts here and there).

Furthermore, how can Jesus lust and not commit sin? Then he did not lust like a human does, and thus was not tempted in that way. The writer of Hebrews obviously wished for something different from the gospels at least in that regard. And the hypocrites were comfortable to keep both contradicting dogmas bound together and paraded as the follower-seeking idols these ingenious evil books are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Learn the difference between "attraction" and "lust."

Old 07-21-2017, 08:59 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,058,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel__123 View Post
I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do. Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.
4 genders: male, female, both, and neither

Neither = schizoid

Bible forbids male with male and female with female but says nothing about both and neither

Old 07-21-2017, 09:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,063,301 times
Seven pages and no response by the original poster. Is it just me or does it seem like threads of this sort pop up from time to time and the OP always seems to "disappear" shortly thereafter? Peace

Old 07-21-2017, 09:07 PM

19,119 posts, read 27,724,944 times
OP, you are not mono, bi, triple or quadruple.
You are simply sexual.
Every human is.
Every human came out of sex.
Sex is THE PRIMARY driving force of a human.
This is what a human is - a sexual being.
It is just like say race. Races are as they need to be. What and why we know not. And why bother? They simply are.
But they are all humans.
So is sexuality. It comes in flavors. So it is. So it apparently needs to be. As this is how everything is.
It was, it is, it will be.
There is no sin in it, not god's wreath. No punishment.
There is only cultural or social nonacceptance of this or that, for reasons various.
You are not afraid of god. You are afraid of people opinion and judgement.
But this, just like sexuality, always was, is and will be.
So why bother? Enjoy what you, be authentic, as you are what you are. They are what they are. To each of his own.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:17 PM

6,805 posts, read 2,936,422 times
I believe that Jesus was merely taking a dig at the Scribes and the Pharisees and their persistently flaunting the letter of the law to others when He spoke of lusting after a woman being tantamount to adultery. I believe that Jesus' statement was more aimed at them to take the wind out of their arrogant sails. He responded similarly when the 'pious ones' brought the woman caught in adultery to Him. Jesus' battle was mainly with the self-righteous ones of His day. The obvious 'sinners' were not particularly Jesus' concern. In fact, He appears to have actually enjoyed their company since they didn't fake appearances.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:24 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,252,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Seven pages and no response by the original poster. Is it just me or does it seem like threads of this sort pop up from time to time and the OP always seems to "disappear" shortly thereafter? Peace
There are those who get off on starting what they hope will become inflammatory threads and then moving on to another site to do likewise.

But often, whether the OP was on the level or not, some of the replies may be consideration-worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity