Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 08:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,058,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You know what I said to the devil?

Ha! I like this zman.....pretty cool. Peace

Old 09-02-2017, 09:44 AM

1,003 posts, read 795,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
THIS ^^^ is more "channeled" messages from demonic entities posing as Jesus, among others. Avoid it like the plague that it is. Peace
Stop calling things you know nothing about demonic, the Father gives us free will to read whatever we want. The sprit of truth within us give us the power to tell what is false and what is true. NOT YOU!

Old 09-02-2017, 11:12 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,737,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Here is what I know with absolute certainty---

i can't wait to see that tough guy! I am going to reply on Jesus thanks anyway but I won't be needing your help...

Old 09-02-2017, 11:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
i can't wait to see that tough guy! I am going to reply on Jesus thanks anyway but I won't be needing your help...
Come on out to Detroit one day, and bring your camcorder.

My door is always open..oh wait, didn't someone else say this??

So a person stands on the corner waiting to cross. They are terrified of the traffic, frightened they willget hit by a car, so they wait. While they wait they pray, and pray and pray for Jesus to get them across the road...

On the other corner stands a person waiting to cross the street. They too see the traffic and worry about the possibility of getting hit by a car. But they know something the other person on the other side does not know...

They know that waiting is only delaying the obvious----the second person steps into the street---knowing they can do all this through him who gives me strength.

They cross safely and pass the first person still praying---

The second person whispers "He is with you always, do not fear"

The first person boldly steps from the curb onto the street and is immediately hit by a car.

The first person looks up, shocked and confused at the second person.

"But you said..."

To which the second person responds.."Yes, it is true, BUT WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO CHANGE FIRST, it is not enough to relay on Christ, one must understand the realities.."

Old 09-02-2017, 12:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
If you really want to know Jesus and the sacrifices he made for us read this,
Part IV. The Life and Teachings of Jesus | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation
Quote:
THIS ^^^ is more "channeled" messages from demonic entities posing as Jesus, among others. Avoid it like the plague that it is. Peace
Quote:
Stop calling things you know nothing about demonic, the Father gives us free will to read whatever we want. The spirit of truth within us gives us the power to tell what is false and what is true. NOT YOU!
The Faith of Jesus is an interesting topic to read, if anyone has time:
Paper 196 - The Faith of Jesus | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation

Thanks, RockyRoad, which happens to be my favorite ice cream.
And I cannot help but to agree with your last sentence.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-02-2017 at 12:55 PM..

Old 09-02-2017, 01:32 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,945,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Interesting. The book appears to be a compendium of mystically based studies which could help anyone who is seeking a closer relationship or understanding of our relationship with God. It may have some clinkers.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:49 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,417,968 times
Quote:

That was a very interesting read. Thank you for posting, Rocky, and for pointing out this article in particular, Jer.

"...The faith of Jesus attained the purity of a child’s trust. His faith was so absolute and undoubting that it responded to the charm of the contact of fellow beings and to the wonders of the universe. His sense of dependence on the divine was so complete and so confident that it yielded the joy and the assurance of absolute personal security. There was no hesitating pretense in his religious experience. In this giant intellect of the full-grown man the faith of the child reigned supreme in all matters relating to the religious consciousness. It is not strange that he once said, “Except you become as a little child, you shall not enter the kingdom.” Notwithstanding that Jesus’ faith was childlike, it was in no sense childish.

Jesus does not require his disciples to believe in him but rather to believe with him, believe in the reality of the love of God and in full confidence accept the security of the assurance of sonship with the heavenly Father. The Master desires that all his followers should fully share his transcendent faith. Jesus most touchingly challenged his followers, not only to believe what he believed, but also to believe as he believed. This is the full significance of his one supreme requirement, “Follow me.” "

Old 09-02-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Stop calling things you know nothing about demonic, the Father gives us free will to read whatever we want. The sprit of truth within us give us the power to tell what is false and what is true. NOT YOU!

Then you don't have the spirit of Truth, if you think that is truth. And I've already covered my knowledge of this subject in another thread. Perhaps you are in the wrong forum? Peace

Old 09-02-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:

Well, that's truly a shock. A New Ager agreeing with another New Ager. Who woulda thunk it, lol? The Spirit is truly not divided. Peace

Old 09-02-2017, 04:26 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,945,774 times
Quote:
Well, that's truly a shock. A New Ager agreeing with another New Ager. Who woulda thunk it, lol? The Spirit is truly not divided. Peace
Well, yeah, but only ONE of them is a New Ager Fundie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity