Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 08:32 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I see what you are saying, but I think your word choice "believe in" is wrong to convey the meaning of the rest of the statement, simply because it FORMS a buzz word to the people who have built a religion around the person of Jesus rather than the message as you were trying to convey.

How to choose a better way to express it? Hmmmmm I might rather say that Jesus does not require His disciples to worship Him (He was SO not about such things as shown in "If you love me DO as I have taught you.) He didn't have the disciples wah His feet, ya know.
I should have made it more clear ... Those weren't my words. They were originally from the article Jer linked to. But I see your point.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
I do not believe that everything which has been written by men is cast in stone.
And the "believe in" mentality, often times nullifies the aspect of listen to me.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
Stop calling things you know nothing about demonic, the Father gives us free will to read whatever we want. The sprit of truth within us give us the power to tell what is false and what is true. NOT YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Then you don't have the spirit of Truth, if you think that is truth. And I've already covered my knowledge of this subject in another thread. Perhaps you are in the wrong forum? Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Faith of Jesus is an interesting topic to read, if anyone has time:
Paper 196 - The Faith of Jesus | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation

Thanks, RockyRoad, which happens to be my favorite ice cream.
And I cannot help but to agree with your last sentence.

Quote:
Well, that's truly a shock. A New Ager agreeing with another New Ager. Who woulda thunk it, lol? The Spirit is truly not divided. Peace
I do not consider your knowledge to be the end all of understanding something.

Paper 196 - The Faith of Jesus | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation

The all-consuming and indomitable spiritual faith of Jesus never became fanatical, for it never attempted to run away with his well-balanced intellectual judgments concerning the proportional values of practical and commonplace social, economic, and moral life situations. The Son of Man was a splendidly unified human personality; he was a perfectly endowed divine being; he was also magnificently co-ordinated as a combined human and divine being functioning on earth as a single personality. Always did the Master co-ordinate the faith of the soul with the wisdom-appraisals of seasoned experience. Personal faith, spiritual hope, and moral devotion were always correlated in a matchless religious unity of harmonious association with the keen realization of the reality and sacredness of all human loyalties — personal honor, family love, religious obligation, social duty, and economic necessity.

The faith of Jesus visualized all spirit values as being found in the kingdom of God; therefore he said, "Seek first the kingdom of heaven." Jesus saw in the advanced and ideal fellowship of the kingdom the achievement and fulfillment of the "will of God." The very heart of the prayer which he taught his disciples was, "Your kingdom come; your will be done." Having thus conceived of the kingdom as comprising the will of God, he devoted himself to the cause of its realization with amazing self-forgetfulness and unbounded enthusiasm. But in all his intense mission and throughout his extraordinary life there never appeared the fury of the fanatic, nor the superficial frothiness of the religious egotist.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Copied from the Uranthia (the real name of Earth, BTW) Papers.....Uversa, of course must be the planet you all will be going to. So anyone need a lift? I'm sure one of these suckers will set that up for you, which I'm assuming is some giant UFO coming to take you there, like that cult where they all killed themselves in response to a comet; what was their name again? I sure hope you all get that "harp" below fixed so you can communicate with the mother ship. Peace

W.C. Fields I think said it best..."There's a sucker born every minute."

Univitatia

Univitatia are the permanent citizens of Edentia and its associated worlds, all seven hundred seventy worlds surrounding the constellation headquarters being under their supervision. These children of the Creator Son and the Creative Spirit are projected on a plane of existence in between the material and the spiritual, but they are not morontia creatures. (493.2) 43:7.1

Supreme Being

The Supreme Being is not a direct creator, except that he is the father of Majeston, but he is a synthetic co-ordinator of all creature-Creator universe activities. The Supreme Being, now actualizing in the evolutionary universes, is the Deity correlator and synthesizer of time-space divinity, of triune Paradise Deity in experiential association with the Supreme Creators of time and space. (11.3) 0:7.9

Harp of God

John the revelator saw a vision of the arrival of a class of advancing mortals from the seventh mansion world to their first heaven, the glories of Jerusem. He recorded: “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire; and those who had gained the victory over the beast that was originally in them and over the image that persisted through the mansion worlds and finally over the last mark and trace, standing on the sea of glass, having the harps of God, and singing the song of deliverance from mortal fear and death.” (Perfected space communication is to be had on all these worlds; and your anywhere reception of such communications is made possible by carrying the “harp of God,” a morontia contrivance compensating for the inability to directly adjust the immature, morontia sensory mechanism to the reception of space communications.) (539.4) 47:10.2

Old 09-03-2017, 02:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Looks like "clinkers" in some of the published essays, apparently from a different school of gnosticism than yours.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Looks like "clinkers" in some of the published essays, apparently from a different school of gnosticism than yours.
Yeah, that stuff sounds as off-the-wall as some of the stuff in the Bible, or stuff written by Christians who believe in a rapture, or a literal Anti-Christ or Armageddon. People have very vivid imaginations.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:

No, actually, that's from their CURRENT terms of standard vocabulary section, meaning it's standard issue garbage. See, this is where the gift of discerning of spirits comes in at in the body. And that you choose to insult me rather than stating the obvious here, speaks volumes about what spirit you are of. Thank you. Peace

Old 09-03-2017, 02:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Quote:
No, actually, that's from their CURRENT terms of standard vocabulary section, meaning it's standard issue garbage. See, this is where the gift of discerning of spirits comes in at in the body. And that you choose to insult me rather than stating the obvious here, speaks volumes about what spirit you are of. Thank you. Peace
Were they defining terms published in some of the essays collected in the book or not?

Old 09-03-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Copied from the Uranthia (the real name of Earth, BTW) Papers.....Uversa, of course must be the planet you all will be going to. So anyone need a lift? I'm sure one of these suckers will set that up for you, which I'm assuming is some giant UFO coming to take you there, like that cult where they all killed themselves in response to a comet; what was their name again? I sure hope you all get that "harp" below fixed so you can communicate with the mother ship. Peace

W.C. Fields I think said it best..."There's a sucker born every minute."

Univitatia

Univitatia are the permanent citizens of Edentia and its associated worlds, all seven hundred seventy worlds surrounding the constellation headquarters being under their supervision. These children of the Creator Son and the Creative Spirit are projected on a plane of existence in between the material and the spiritual, but they are not morontia creatures. (493.2) 43:7.1

Supreme Being

The Supreme Being is not a direct creator, except that he is the father of Majeston, but he is a synthetic co-ordinator of all creature-Creator universe activities. The Supreme Being, now actualizing in the evolutionary universes, is the Deity correlator and synthesizer of time-space divinity, of triune Paradise Deity in experiential association with the Supreme Creators of time and space. (11.3) 0:7.9

Harp of God

John the revelator saw a vision of the arrival of a class of advancing mortals from the seventh mansion world to their first heaven, the glories of Jerusem. He recorded: “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire; and those who had gained the victory over the beast that was originally in them and over the image that persisted through the mansion worlds and finally over the last mark and trace, standing on the sea of glass, having the harps of God, and singing the song of deliverance from mortal fear and death.” (Perfected space communication is to be had on all these worlds; and your anywhere reception of such communications is made possible by carrying the “harp of God,” a morontia contrivance compensating for the inability to directly adjust the immature, morontia sensory mechanism to the reception of space communications.) (539.4) 47:10.2
I have never limited myself to a "believe this" or else mentality.
It's a prison that restricts any reasonable thought or inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Cn1vHyJn7Ts

Old 09-03-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have never limited myself to a "believe this" or else mentality.
It's a prison that restricts any reasonable thought or inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Cn1vHyJn7Ts

So I take it you'll be leaving on the mother ship, then? Bon voyage. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.