Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:13 PM

692 posts, read 375,637 times

Advertisements

While there are lists of prophecies that Jesus was supposed to have fulfilled (this was easy to claim since the New Testament story was written after the prophecies had been made), there are some major prophecies that he didn;t fulfill.

For example:

Gathering all Jews back to the Land of Israel

(Isaiah 43:1, 5-6)
But now thus says the LORD,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
Do not fear, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
and from the west I will gather you;
I will say to the north, “Give them up,”
and to the south, “Do not withhold;
bring my sons from far away
and my daughters from the end of the earth—

(Deuteronomy 30:3)

then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you, gathering you again from all the peoples among whom the LORD your God has scattered you.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 11:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
While there are lists of prophecies that Jesus was supposed to have fulfilled (this was easy to claim since the New Testament story was written after the prophecies had been made), there are some major prophecies that he didn't fulfill.

Thoughts?
The best way to predict the future is to invent it, if you can't use what has already past the deadline.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
While there are lists of prophecies that Jesus was supposed to have fulfilled (this was easy to claim since the New Testament story was written after the prophecies had been made), there are some major prophecies that he didn;t fulfill.

For example:

then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you, gathering you again from all the peoples among whom the LORD your God has scattered you.

Thoughts?
Mike will be here soon to fill you in...

Old 07-24-2017, 03:05 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,959 times
Quote:

For example:

Thoughts?
Not all prophecies in the Old testament have been fulfilled as of yet, but in the last 70 years certain aspects have been fulfilled or in the process of been fulfilled. What is yet to happen is: Zechariah 12:2-3, Zechariah 12:9, plus also all people of all nations will head to Jerusalem to worship the Lord Jesus Christ Zechariah 14:16

Old 07-24-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Not all prophecies in the Old testament have been fulfilled as of yet, but in the last 70 years certain aspects have been fulfilled or in the process of been fulfilled. What is yet to happen is: Zechariah 12:2-3, Zechariah 12:9, plus also all people of all nations will head to Jerusalem to worship the Lord Jesus Christ Zechariah 14:16
RESPONSE: THe Messiah was to have fulfilled this during his lifetime. But it wasn't fulfilled.
Therefore, if this was inspired by God, ("God breathed"). Jesus wasn't the messiah.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE: THe Messiah was to have fulfilled this during his lifetime. But it wasn't fulfilled.
Therefore, if this was inspired by God, ("God breathed"). Jesus wasn't the messiah.
Jesus is still living today. He will return soon.

This bible verse has already been fulfilled: Zechariah 9:9: “Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey

This has already happened as well: Isaiah 53:3-7 “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”

This is yet to happen: Daniel 7:13-14 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed

There are many more examples in the Old Testament that point to Jesus Christ.

Last edited by other99; 07-24-2017 at 06:52 AM..

Old 07-24-2017, 07:01 AM

Default Did the Jesus establish universal peace?

Was this biblical prophecy of the Messiah fulfilled?

Isaiah 9:6

His dominion is vast and forever peaceful, Upon David’s throne, and over his kingdom,
which he confirms and sustains By judgment and justice, both now and forever.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Jesus is still living today. He will return soon.

This bible verse has already been fulfilled: Zechariah 9:9: “Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey

This has already happened as well: Isaiah 53:3-7 “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”

This is yet to happen: Daniel 7:13-14 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed

There are many more examples in the Old Testament that point to Jesus Christ.
RESPONSE:

Perhaps you don't understand the basic concept. These are prophecies of things that a Messiah MUST fulfill during his lifetime.

Not to do so (even one) disqualifies a claimant as the Messiah.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/arti.../jewsandjesus/

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering, and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

Last edited by Aristotles child; 07-24-2017 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: additional material (reference)

Old 07-24-2017, 07:27 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times
Quote:

For example:

Thoughts?
The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

Perhaps you don't understand the basic concept. These are prophecies of things that a Messiah MUST fulfill during his lifetime.

Not to do so (even one) disqualifies a claimant as the Messiah.

Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus | The difference between Judaism and Christianity

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering, and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
Do you believe Jesus is living today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity