Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 07:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You cannot see him as he is, unless, you are as he is with or without long hair.

Beards are optional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, you just have to take your eyes off Him for a second and buy the lie. The irony here is that once I believed as you do, about 15-20 years ago, until He opened my eyes that it was just flesh trying to take on His glory for itself, and showed me the error. Dead giveaway is that it's part of New Age doctrine, just insert "Christ" for what to be "at one ment" with, a neat play on the word "atonement", which is NOTHING alike. But the flesh loves exaltation, so all you can do is point it out and wait for the resounding thud when they find out the hard way, they are NOT Christ. Peace
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears
we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. However, I see you are in the "noisy gong" mode, once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 07:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,404,184 times
Quote:
No, you just have to take your eyes off Him for a second and buy the lie. The irony here is that once I believed as you do, about 15-20 years ago, until He opened my eyes that it was just flesh trying to take on His glory for itself, and showed me the error. Dead giveaway is that it's part of New Age doctrine, just insert "Christ" for what to be "at one ment" with, a neat play on the word "atonement", which is NOTHING alike. But the flesh loves exaltation, so all you can do is point it out and wait for the resounding thud when they find out the hard way, they are NOT Christ. Peace
In many posts, you have mentioned that it's at least 30 years since you became a Christian. I'm curious if you were into "New Age" in the beginning of your Christian experience, then, or not until after becoming a Christian?

Old 08-26-2017, 07:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Basically, Rbbi1, YOU are the one who is hung up on flesh by making a big thing about the fleshly identity of Jesus rather that the Spirit of the Christ which is not limited to Jesus. And in making about the physical representation of what you claim to be the Word instead of the spiritual "Guide" Jesus promised.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
In many posts, you have mentioned that it's at least 30 years since you became a Christian. I'm curious if you were into "New Age" in the beginning of your Christian experience, then, or not until after becoming a Christian?
I highly doubt it, she's never come close to saying anything like this before, so why make it known now ?. Not that i care to dig through all of her posts but i do recall her saying before being of the persuasion she is now adhered too(for 32 years) she was basically a mainstream bible believing christian. My gut feeling is it's a just a knee jerk response to many on here are who have made it known that they are former fundamentalists who are now in her eyes new agers. There was a fundamentalist on here a few years ago who lied through her teeth saying she was a former universalist.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-26-2017 at 08:18 PM..

Old 08-26-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I highly doubt it, she's never come close to saying anything like this before, so why make it known now ?. Not that i care to dig through all of her posts but i do recall her saying before being of the persuasion she is now adhered too(for 32 years) she was basically a mainstream bible believing christian. My gut feeling is it's a just a response to many on here are who have made it known that they are former fundamentalists who are now in her eyes new agers...
I know she said she had an experience as an agnostic that turned her onto Christianity. I just found her post that explained that happened in 1986, so that was 30ish years ago. https://www.city-data.com/forum/45284607-post3.html

So, I was trying to figure out where her New Age stage fell on the timeline. If she was an agnostic New Ager who became a Christian, then she gradually (or perhaps suddenly) shed those New Age beliefs somewhere over the course of the next 10-15 years.

It's always interesting to hear about other people's journeys.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
I know she said she had an experience as an agnostic that turned her onto Christianity. I just found her post that explained that happened in 1986, so that was 30ish years ago. https://www.city-data.com/forum/45284607-post3.html

So, I was trying to figure out where her New Age stage fell on the timeline. If she was an agnostic New Ager who became a Christian, then she gradually (or perhaps suddenly) shed those New Age beliefs somewhere over the course of the next 10-15 years.

It's always interesting to hear about other people's journeys.
Very much so, that is why i can say hand on heart that CD has been a great influence in helping me out of bible fundamentalism because of the testimonies of those who have passed through bible fundamentalism and out the other side of it, intact and still connected to God.

What i do remember of my bible fundamentalist days is i knew more about what is supposedly wrong with all other faiths, than i actually did about Jesus Christ. Also if someone asked me about my former days being a fundamentalist it would be very apparent that i was. So it will be very interesting to hear Rbbi's answer about her new age days.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very much so, that is why i can say hand on heart that CD has been a great influence in helping me out of bible fundamentalism because of the testimonies of those who have passed through bible fundamentalism and out the other side of it, intact and still connected to God.

What i do remember of my bible fundamentalist days is i knew more about what is supposedly wrong with all other faiths, than i actually did about Jesus Christ. Also if someone asked me about my former days being a fundamentalist it would be very apparent that i was. So it will be very interesting to hear Rbbi's answer about her new age days.
I agree. This place was a God-send for me, too. There are not any Christian sites that I found that were conducive to any discussion outside the traditionalist box. To come here and find Christians that welcomed my questions and thoughts as a former Christian was incredibly healing for me. I might have become rather bitter and closed off to God, and anti-Christian, if it hadn't been for so many of you.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:34 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
I agree. This place was a God-send for me, too. There are not any Christian sites that I found that were conducive to any discussion outside the traditionalist box. To come here and find Christians that welcomed my questions and thoughts as a former Christian was incredibly healing for me. I might have become rather bitter and closed off to God, and anti-Christian, if it hadn't been for so many of you.
Hopefully I can be counted among those who were or are a help, and I want to assure you that it is OUR gain.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Hopefully I can be counted among those who were or are a help, and I want to assure you that it is OUR gain.
100% nate, were and are. And thank you.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Quote:
I find the discrepancy within the time frames of interest, which indicates a "new age" mentality existed 15-20 years ago, yet she was brought to her present beliefs as of 31 years ago. But then, I find that many are prone or susceptible to exaggeration; making things better or worse than they really are? Typically, it follows that of "creative intimidation" predicated on one's "imagination" or the practice of successively outdoing a competitor in order to feel a sense of superiority or self-worth. However, what ends up happening is they tend to push away others in the process.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-26-2017 at 10:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity