Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2017, 12:49 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
So you didn't call that Zev person in the video a liar with regard to Rabbi Menachem being resurrected, since he denies it as you do. You called him a liar because he is a Messianic Jew and proclaims that Jesus is the Messiah. Well, the first Christians were Jews. The Jewish apostles were eyewitnesses to the risen Jesus and they believed that Jesus is the Messiah. You on the other hand choose not to believe it.
I didn't really watch too much, and again, what get me is his introduction.

He is introduced as an evangelical, and maybe Christians don't get this, but to begin with,'' Evangelical,'' would tell me that he is not in the Messianic religion head and tail.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 01:14 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
So you didn't call that Zev person in the video a liar with regard to Rabbi Menachem being resurrected, since he denies it as you do. You called him a liar because he is a Messianic Jew and proclaims that Jesus is the Messiah. Well, the first Christians were Jews. The Jewish apostles were eyewitnesses to the risen Jesus and they believed that Jesus is the Messiah. You on the other hand choose not to believe it.
There is no need for anyone to use the word liar as it is contentious and promotes strife. So let's set aside that strong language.

There is a long list of people in Judaism who claimed to be the Messiah, and Judaism rejects all of them, because they do not meet the criteria set forth by Judaism. Did some of these names listed have followers and start their own sects and religions? Yes they did. Does that make any of them the Messiah according to Judaism? No it does not.

Here is a list of names of other claimed messiahs in Judaism, link shown at bottom of post. Judaism is very consistent in rejecting every name on this list from the first to the last. It will be very obvious when the person Moschiach is here because there will be world peace. We aren't there yet. The whole world will know when it happens and the whole world will recognize God.

1st century
Jesus c.. 30 CE
Vespasian c. 70 CE

2nd century
Simon bar Kokhba c. 135 CE

5th century
Moses of Crete

7th century
unknownclaimant who arose at time of conquest of Khuzistan.

8th century
Isḥaḳ ben Ya'ḳub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani of Ispahan
Yudghan
Serene

12th century
One appeared in France c. 1087
]Another appeared in the province of Córdoba c. 1117
Mosesal-Dar'i a Moroccan teacher,
David Alroy in Persia about 1160
TheYemenite Messiah

13th century
Abraham ben Samuel Abulafia 1291
Nissimben Abrahamaround 1295

15th century
Moses Botarel of Cisneros around1413

16th century
Asher Lämmlein, Asher Kaei a German near Venice in 1502
David Reubeni 1541 and Solomon Molcho 1532

17th century
Sabbatai Zevi 1676
BarukhiaRusso 1740
MordecaiMokia 1729
Jacob Querido 1690
Miguel (Abraham)Cardoso 1706
Löbele Prossnitz 1750

18th century
Jacob Joseph Frank 1791
Eve Frank 1817

19th century
Shukr Kuhayl I19th-century Yemenite
Judah ben Shalom(Shukr Kuhayl II), 19th-centuryYemenite

20th century
MosesGuibbory 1899–1985
Yosef YitzchakSchneersohn
Menachem MendelSchneerson 1994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...siah_claimants

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-11-2017 at 01:26 PM..

Old 08-11-2017, 01:32 PM

33,228 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
There is no need for anyone to use the word liar as it is contentious and promotes strife. So let's set aside that strong language.

There is a long list of people who claimed to be the Messiah, and Judaism rejects all of them, because they do not meet the criteria set forth by Judaism. Did some of these names listed have followers and start their own sects and religions? Yes they did. Does that make any of them the Messiah according to Judaism? No it does not.

Here is a list of names of other claimed messiahs in Judaism, link shown at bottom of post.

It will be very obvious when Moschiach is here because there will be world peace. We aren't there yet. The whole world will know when it happens and the whole world will recognize God.

1st century
Jesus c.. 30 CE
Vespasian c. 70 CE

2nd century
Simon bar Kokhba c. 135 CE

5th century
Moses of Crete

7th century
unknownclaimant who arose at time of conquest of Khuzistan.

8th century
Isḥaḳ ben Ya'ḳub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani of Ispahan
Yudghan
Serene

12th century
One appeared in France c. 1087
]Another appeared in the province of Córdoba c. 1117
Mosesal-Dar'i a Moroccan teacher,
David Alroy in Persia about 1160
TheYemenite Messiah

13th century
Abraham ben Samuel Abulafia 1291
Nissimben Abrahamaround 1295

15th century
Moses Botarel of Cisneros around1413

16th century
Asher Lämmlein, Asher Kaei a German near Venice in 1502
David Reubeni 1541 and Solomon Molcho 1532

17th century
Sabbatai Zevi 1676
BarukhiaRusso 1740
MordecaiMokia 1729
Jacob Querido 1690
Miguel (Abraham)Cardoso 1706
Löbele Prossnitz 1750

18th century
Jacob Joseph Frank 1791
Eve Frank 1817

19th century
Shukr Kuhayl I19th-century Yemenite
Judah ben Shalom(Shukr Kuhayl II), 19th-centuryYemenite

20th century
MosesGuibbory 1899–1985
Yosef YitzchakSchneersohn
Menachem MendelSchneerson 1994

Regarding RabbiSchneerson, during the 1990s, many people believed that he would be revealed asthe Messiah. Although he never stated that he was the Messiah, and evenrejected the claims when made before him, admirers felt that Schneerson wasworthy of such stature. Even after his death, people still believedthat he will be the Messiah. The Chabad organization condemns Messianicbehavior, stating that it defies the express wishes of Schneerson.

Judaism is very consistent in rejecting every name on this list. When the person Moshiach comes the wholeworld will know. And the whole worldwill recognize God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...siah_claimants
I'm not the one who used the word 'liar.' Your fellow Jew did and I questioned him about it.

The Jewish leaders failed to recognize their Messiah when He came some 2000 years ago. But He did come, and many Jews did recognize Jesus as the Messiah, as many Jews do today. And many Jews do not. And then again many Jews are atheists and agnostics.

Last edited by Michael Way; 08-11-2017 at 01:48 PM..

Old 08-11-2017, 03:09 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
There is a long list of people in Judaism who claimed to be the Messiah, and Judaism rejects all of them, because they do not meet the criteria set forth by Judaism. Did some of these names listed have followers and start their own sects and religions? Yes they did. Does that make any of them the Messiah according to Judaism? No it does not.
This is a valid and acceptable claim according to Judaism. What Christians believe is that it is not valid according to God. The Bible is a spiritual record that should be interpreted spiritually so the promised Messiah is a spiritual King, not a worldly King. Worldly Kings are a diminishing phenomenon so expecting one is hardly prudent, IMO. Interpreting the scriptures spiritually, Jesus is undeniably the spiritual Messiah and has been for well over 2000+ years. We can find in the prophecies of Isaiah many corroborating descriptions centuries AFTER Christ's death.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:16 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I didn't really watch too much, and again, what get me is his introduction.

He is introduced as an evangelical, and maybe Christians don't get this, but to begin with,'' Evangelical,'' would tell me that he is not in the Messianic religion head and tail.
https://www.charismanews.com/opinion...h-israel/47179

Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Top rabbis: Unmistakable signs of Messiah coming

Old 08-11-2017, 04:49 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yeah, that's what I get from the title, from his introduction it says he is a fraud pretending to be something he is not. It reminds me of Jews for Jesus, a bunch of Baptist frauds pretending that they are for Jews when they are not. People wanting to associate themselves with Messianics when they aint Messianic. Just to call him an evangelical is to call him a Gentile right from jump street and he sure aint no Rabbi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity