Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 01:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times

Advertisements

Fascinating Katzpur! Thank you!
I clipped my claws a long time ago, tho...why, I'm even
being accused of being a fluffy puppy now...I like that! They are correct!!!
A little fluffy puppy on my Dad's lap actually.
Very contented and happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 02:55 PM

28,134 posts, read 30,057,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That's something I'm still working on.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The question you posed in the OP, Miss Hepburn, took me back a number of years to an incident I'll probably never forget. My husband and I decided to postpone having children for quite a long time (nearly 9 years, actually). That is extremely uncommon among Mormons. While the Church has never had any official policy concerning birth control, there is quite a lot of social pressure for Mormons to have a lot of children. (I won't go into the reasons here, as it would derail the thread and I don't want to do that.) At any rate, the scripture that is used by people to support the belief that every married woman should be having as many kids as she possibly can is God's command to Adam and Eve to "multiply and replenish the earth." I used to have people drop subtle hints to me that I was being disobedient to God's commandment by not doing my part, and by actually trying to keep from becoming pregnant.

One day, after we had been married maybe about six years, we were busy getting ready for work one morning when the phone rang. It was my sister-in-law, calling from two states away to chastise us over our sin of not having children. I only heard one side of the conversation, of course, but from my husband's comments, I knew what was being said on the other end of the line. I lost it. I started screaming, "Tell your sister to mind her own business!" (plus a few choice expletives I won't list here).

When I mentioned the phone call to my parents (who never once in those nine years asked if they were ever going to be grandparents), my dad just shook his head, rolled his eyes and calmly replied, "The next time she tells you that it's your responsibility to multiply and replenish the earth because God told Adam and Eve to do so, ask her if she's started building her ark yet."

I think my uncontrollable banshee rant probably scared her off, because she never brought up the subject again. That was kind of unfortunate because I really did want to use my dad's line on her.
Quote:
You had one smart Dad!!!!!
Perfect example.
I am finding the posts to be very interesting...I didn't know which way people thought on this.
What does Katzpur mean, anyway, if i may ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, my first name is Kathryn. My last name is Hispanic, and ends with a 'z'. That explains the "Katz" part of my name. The "pur" just popped into my head when I was trying to come up with a user name for another forum about fifteen years ago. Since I love animals, and cats purr when they are happy, I decided to go with Katzpur. And as I occasionally tell people, I'd much rather engage in civil, respectful conversation than in hostile confrontations, so be nice to me and I'll purr. Be an a-hole, though, and you'll soon learn that this Kat has claws.
Quote:
Fascinating Katzpur! Thank you!
A little fluffy puppy on my Dad's lap actually.
Very contented and happy.
I thought it was a reference to: Daugsbark, while Katzpur.
Because she has a gentle spirit, as you do - Miss Hepburn.

And, yes, her Dad was quite the man.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Do you think all directions said to someone in the Bible are for you, too?

No. But it doesn't hurt to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, Miss H, I don't take ANY such directions as rules to follow but advice given, which may or may not apply to me.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you think all directions said to someone in the Bible are for you, too?
You guys are crackin' me up lately!!!

Old 08-10-2017, 05:29 PM

28,134 posts, read 30,057,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
LOL! Yeah, you can learn a lot from eavesdropping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity