Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:14 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,753,212 times

Advertisements

Greeting
Many people are types of questions, for many years, but today are why?
Today is the difference between, the days of old, in an age which great men have some Improvements, the adjective is to improve human condition, but who are those, who we cannot see, but those in history.
The cure for cancer was already achieved many years ago, the cancer of sin. But some still remain or the young can be forever lost. But the hope, in this generation a possibility rise up and take back the earth, from the evil in which it created.
What remains at the end can it be saved?

Is the God of Israel an angry God?
Major Metropolitan City
In the U.S. Major Metropolitan City are in turmoil, three Major City are in view, I would not say because I live also in many of these cities.
The two types of cities are Sodom and Gomorrah

The City of Sodom
Sodomite a people, a root of the Canaanite, the word Sodom comes from the word Sodomy, see this word and look at your city.

The City of Gomorrah
Gomorrah a city notorious for vice and depravity a very evil quality or a way of behaving.

Gomorrah root word Gomorrean, in this type of cities, are two in one. Which is the third, the last city?

In Rom. 1:21-22; Men refuses to give God glory and honor, and man’s manifestation, total spiritual deadness, and total depravity. This is the

In Ezek 10:2 Then He spoke to the man clothed with linen, and said, "Go in among the wheels, under the cherub, fill your hands with coals of fire from among the cherubim, and scatter them over the city." And he went in as I watched.

the man clothed with linen the Son of Man
coals of fire -- the wrath of God
coals of fire -- over the city- Selective Judgment

The Lord is trying to get your attention

Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
Isaiah 1:10 (KJV)

The grapes are a symbol of a vine which produces by the iniquity of men and women as well.
Gomorrah evil quality or a way of behaving, Gomorrean their grapes Sodom-sodomizing their children’s
does this look familiar-Society create the crime and who commit them?

Their vine grows from the vine of Sodom, from the vineyards of Gomorrah.
Their grapes are poison, and their clusters are bitter. Deuteronomy 32:32

Their vine grows from the vine of Sodom, from the vineyards of Gomorrah

The vine of the Grapes are fully ripe means “Judgment”
And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, and he cried with a loud cry to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe."
Revelation 14:18 (NKJV)

City is in turmoil
The very look on their faces gives them away. They display their sin like the people of Sodom and don’t even try to hide it. They are doomed! They have brought destruction upon themselves.
Tell the godly that all will be well for them. They will enjoy the rich reward they have earned!
But the wicked are doomed, for they will get exactly what they deserve.
Isaiah 3:9-11 (NLT)

"And I have seen the folly in the prophets of Samaria: They prophesied by Baal And caused My people Israel to err.
Also, I have seen a horrible thing in the prophets of Jerusalem: They commit adultery and walk in lies; They also strengthen the hands of evildoers, So that no one turns back from his wickedness. All of them are like Sodom to Me, And her inhabitants like Gomorrah.
Jeremiah 23:13-14 (NKJV)

Fornication
Idolatry
Malice
Blasphemy
Immortality

As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Likewise, also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.
Jude 1:7-8 (NKJV)

And the cities around them in a similar manner

The third city, the last city
And the cities around them in a similar manner

The City of Egypt
Egypt means bondage or Hebraic-ly in Hebrew Mitzraim is mentioned in the Torah, it is synonymous with

physical and mental bondage (slavery)
Men and Women alike physical bondage humanity

Romans 1: 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

The City of Babylon
Egypt+ Sodom= Babylon

being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
Romans 1:28-32 (NKJV)

Babylon, the most glorious of kingdoms, the flower of Chaldean pride, will be devastated like Sodom and Gomorrah when God destroyed them.
Babylon will never be inhabited again. It will remain empty for generation after generation. Nomads will refuse to camp there, and shepherds will not bed down their sheep.
Isaiah 13:19-20 (NLT)

Romans 6:23 For the Wages of Sin is Death. This is the second death.
Revelation 2:11 He that over cometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
In Rom. 1:18; God’s wrath is in view.
In Rom. 1:19-20; Man can see the power of God in the world.
In Rom. 1:21-22; Man refuses to give God glory and honor, and man’s manifestation, total spiritual deadness, and total depravity, beginning with our first parents, Adam and Eve.

In Romans 1:24, 26, 28; God give them up to a Reprobate mind,
And Romans 1:29-31; There are 24 Sins, God speaks about in these verses.
In Romans 1:32; Man knows he deserves to be damned and that he persists in his sins, and that he even enjoys and delights to see others sin against God, because of his depravity.

And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord is crucified.
Revelation 11:8 (NKJV)

Crucified
Galatians 2:20; Matthew 23:34; Romans 6:6-8; Galatians 5:11;
Matthew 27:38; Colossians 2:11

Remember Egypt means bondage or Hebraic-ly in Hebrew Mitzraim is mentioned in the Torah, it is synonymous with physical and mental bondage (slavery)

Spiritually Physical and mental bondage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Where did you copy it from?

Old 08-17-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Where did you copy it from?
its me

Romans 16: 25-27 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith;
Matthew 13:11 Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them, it is not given.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 08-17-2017 at 02:20 PM..

Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
What's with all these threads of late about "angry" God? I just counted three alone in the Top 5.<snip>

Jesus updated matters considerably. Maybe it's time for some to move into the New Testament. There is another side to God (or two - Jesus and the Holy Spirit) that is getting lost in the shuffle here.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-30-2017 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: p0litical comments are deleted in this forum

Old 08-17-2017, 09:35 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
What's with all these threads of late about "angry" God? I just counted three alone in the Top 5. We probably have more to worry about from an angry trump than an angry God.

Jesus updated matters considerably. Maybe it's time for some to move into the New Testament. There is another side to God (or two - Jesus and the Holy Spirit) that is getting lost in the shuffle here.
Maybe Trump is there because God is not pleased with us...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-30-2017 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: responding to an orphaned comment in a post

Old 08-18-2017, 01:24 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Default Is the God of Israel an angry God?

The God described by the ancient Israelites is an angry wrathful God. But the God described and demonstrated by Jesus is NOT. I guess you can choose which descriptions you believe and want to worship.I have chosen the God of Christ. YMMV.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:36 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,355 times
It's incorrect for people to believe that God changes as some believe that the God of the OT is an angry God and the God of the NT is not:

Based on God's Word:

For I am Jehovah, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.-Malachi 3:6 DNKJV

Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows.-James 1:17

God's name YHWH means that he proves to be whatever is needed to carry out his purpose or promises. Thus, in the Bible God is alternatively described as Jehovah of armies, Creator, Shephard, Repurchaser, happy God,jealous, Sovereign Lord, Judge.

A good analogy about how God plays several roles that I've come across is that of a judge. A judge while in court passes judgement, at times, very serious punishment but at other times the judgement is tempered with leniency in mind. This same judge may then arrive home and be a loving father to his sons and daughters providing guidance, love, wisdom etc as any responsible loving parent would.

Psalm 106 summarizes his troubled dealings with the ancient nation of Israel

As indicated in Psalm 106 you might be a bit angry if the people who entered a covenant with you promising to do what is right, to be champions of widows and the fatherless children ended up sacrificing children and shedding innocent blood.

Old 08-18-2017, 01:41 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The God described by the ancient Israelites is an angry wrathful God. But the God described and demonstrated by Jesus is NOT. I guess you can choose which descriptions you believe and want to worship.I have chosen the God of Christ. YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
It's incorrect for people to believe that God changes as some believe that the God of the OT is an angry God and the God of the NT is not:
It has nothing to do with God changing because it is the DESCRIPTIONS and BELIEFS about God that differ, NOT God. God is God but the beliefs ABOUT Him are what differ and they are mostly the result of human ignorance and superstition.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

Romans 13:1New International Version (NIV)

Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-30-2017 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: orphaned quote and response.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
What's with all these threads of late about "angry" God? I just counted three alone in the Top 5. We probably have more to worry about from an angry trump than an angry God.

yes, in all that is going well we see the good side of Lord, a new birth, but in a new birth, as a child is going about to give birth, one must go to a painful labor, and mother knows how hard is to give birth to a newborn.
Labor means to work, for the world is a type of labor looking for a new birth, hoping to an end to all our madness. sorrow all around us, looking for an answer. Yes someone is angry at us. A mother in labor, in pain, suffering to give birth to its child, as the world in a need of a new birth.
amen
the problem with the world will be burned with sand of time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity