Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:10 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,732,493 times

Advertisements

all I know for sure is that Khepa are to watch for the one who can resurrect your loved ones from death and why they had temple full of bones of their great men.. I have seen two of my great grandmas in the flesh and youthful... Jesus is our Promised man!! he is raising the dead to life.. !! and he can resurrect yours too. If they are not already living here or in heaven .

mark 12 :27
…26And regarding the dead rising, have you not read about the burning bush in the book of Moses, how God told him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 27He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” You are badly mistaken!

his people the righteous in HIM are already resurrected. they are living here and in heaven now.
the dead will be resurrected still to come and we will preach the good news to them since most of mine might not have heard it ... but after they awaken they will be given that choice too . if the son of David was God before he was conceived by David , It does not matter because he is God's right arm now !! and I am sure as I can be that I am meeting the ancient greats.. I just can't prove it.. and they are all here.
so sure I want to talk to my dead ancestors when they come back to life.. so that they can live too. but some of my relations are alive and here now. I have seen them with my own eyes. I think they are here preparing for his coming .
my point He is resurrecting my relations ( at least two great grandma's dead more than 25 years ago ) that is God enough for me..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-05-2017 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 07:45 PM

465 posts, read 236,233 times
The Lord Yeshua Christ, aka the Lord Jesus Christ, with a dual nature, both God and man.

The word incarnate, light over for world, he grew in wisdom and stature, knows all things.

The spirituality of the Lord Yeshua Christ, he who knows all things, it's as his Father says.

Father, Son, Holy, Ghost '+' the scepter of Judah never departed, foundation always was.

The /\ltar of God will not be despised, as the earth is his footstool, repentance is at wise.

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

King James Bible
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

King James Bible
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:27 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,502,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
wow ... so you all think you're God manifested in the flesh.

house of cards falling with a single breath awaits you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I think that you are, too.
You think incorrectly

Old 09-05-2017, 08:42 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Now this is confusing.
Really? Why? Do you believe that the Son is the Father, Mr5150?

Quote:
Do you believe there is more than one God?
No. We believe there are three personages who together comprise the Godhead. The Book of Mormon clearly states the following:

And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. (2 Nephi 31:21)

And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end. (Mormon 7:7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
That is exactly what mormons believe.
Misrepresenting what other people believe is a coward's way to debate. A word of advise: Don't!

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-05-2017 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 08:58 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, it doesn't because as I have clearly said, Jesus is God BUT HE IS NOT THE FATHER. He is the exact representation of the Father, but is not Himself the Father. He is the Son. And He is God, the Second Person of the Trinity.

The Trinitarian doctrine does not teach that Jesus is the Father. It states that one God subsists in three Persons; The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Where I differ from Katz, I think, is that she believes that as God Jesus had a beginning, whereas I believe that as God Jesus has eternally existed. I'm sorry if I'm misremembering what you said Katz.
No need to apologize, Mike. I believe that the Father did exist prior to the Son, but that they both existed long, long (perhaps billions of years) before the creation of our universe. So, for all intents and purposes, I believe Jesus' existence to be eternal. That's about the simplest way I can put it. My understanding is based, at least in part, on these two passages from the Bible:

Colossians 1:13-17 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Romans 8:28-29 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-05-2017 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Default Your opinion. Is Jesus, God manifested in the flesh?

Yes.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:22 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No need to apologize, Mike. I believe that the Father did exist prior to the Son, but that they both existed long, long (perhaps billions of years) before the creation of our universe.
Are you saying god and nothing existed for billions of years before "let there be light"?

What do you think the almighty god was doing for those billions of years?

Old 09-06-2017, 04:41 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,773,906 times
Default Your opinion. Is Jesus, God manifested in the flesh?

Yes

Old 09-06-2017, 07:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Are you saying god and nothing existed for billions of years before "let there be light"?

Trying to solve the Sunday NY Times crossword?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:34 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No need to apologize, Mike. I believe that the Father did exist prior to the Son, but that they both existed long, long (perhaps billions of years) before the creation of our universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Trying to solve the Sunday NY Times crossword?
Did it have help from the ghost and jesus or can it do the puzzle (it created) on its own?

Remember, a day to god is a thousand years to us so to us god was with nothing and appears to do nothing for 365,000,000,000,000,000+ years.

Amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity