Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 756,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
It's not a matter of opinion, the Bible clearly says that Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. Question is, do you believe the Bible is truly the Word of God?

i agree is shouldn't be a matter of opinion, because they're not always based on the truth. mostly what we want or think it to mean. concerning Jesus being called a "god", so is satan, and man and even money! there are MANY "gods" (1Cor. 8:5,6), but ONLY one TRUE GOD. Jesus said we need to know this God if we want life ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). it seems satan has even "Christians" not believing what Jesus has said concerning who he is. if we were truly LISTENING to Jesus, we would be in total agreement.

there are TOO MANY scriptures showing that Jesus has a FATHER and a GOD! he has prayed to his God and Father ,(John 17:1). he taught us how to pray to his God and Father ,(Matt. 6:9-13). he said he's going BACK to be with his Father and God ,(John 20:17). and he said this...(Matt. 28:18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth). he DIDN'T give it to himself did he?, there IS someone over him ,(1Cor.11:3 "... and the head of Christ is God").

his Father is the same God who gave Moses his Name, JEHOVAH! ,(Exo. 6:3). Jesus said he made his Father's NAME KNOWN to those who God has sent to him, the Apostles ,(John 17:6). but the most compelling proof that Jesus was NOT the Almighty God and Father. is what he had said before he was even SENT TO EARTH...

Pro. 8:22-30 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth. While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth. When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep. When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth. Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him. so Jesus DIDN'T SAY, that he was ALWAYS HERE! he said that he was "brought forth". and who is the "HE" Jesus is referring to?... his GOD and FATHER.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-06-2017 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Replaced the original quoted post due to mangled quote tags
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 09:47 AM

28,133 posts, read 30,052,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Mormons believe exactly as Paul did, when he said:

"As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." 1 Corinthians 8:4-6

There are beings referred to as "gods" mentioned on several occasions in the Bible, but they are nothing to us. They cannot do anything to us or for us. They can neither hear nor answer prayers. They will have no say in judging us. We believe they exist because the Bible says they exist. As a matter of fact, the Bible tells us that our God is "the God of gods." You may believe He is just the God of men, but that's not the case.

Mormons worship one God. Period. I strongly suggest that, in the future, you do not attempt to be an authority on Mormonism. Your knowledge of my religion is superficial at best. If people want to know what Mormons believe, they can ask me and I will tell them. I have no reason to be dishonest about what we believe. As for the Almighty Wiki, you give it a lot more credence than you should. It may post some out-of-context quotes (which may run the gamut from actual doctrine to the mere opinions of individual people), but they don't even begin to be comprehensive enough for an non-Mormon to try to make sense of them and understand them as a Mormon does. And most of the ones you actually mentioned are irrelevant to this conversation anyway.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-06-2017 at 12:06 PM..

Old 09-06-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Are you saying god and nothing existed for billions of years before "let there be light"?
Well, if He is eternal, I suspect He didn't just pop into existence the moment He decided to create our Earth.

Quote:
What do you think the almighty god was doing for those billions of years?
He could have been doing anything He wanted. Perhaps He was creating other universes. Maybe you believe He created only ours. I believe He is far greater than that.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Did it have help from the ghost and jesus or can it do the puzzle (it created) on its own?
I believe that Jesus Christ created our universe under the direction of His Father.

Quote:
Remember, a day to god is a thousand years to us so to us god was with nothing and appears to do nothing for 365,000,000,000,000,000+ years.
Some people assume that God created the universe in literally six days, simply because that's how the Bible puts it. Others believe that, as the Bible says, "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years," and that the earth must therefore have been created over a period of six thousand years. Others, like me, understand that passage to be an analogy which really means, "one day is with the Lord as many, many, many years." Sure, it could have been billions of years. And there is no reason on earth to assume that God was doing nothing during all the years prior to the creation of our world. The Bible is, after all, only an account of the creation of our Earth and His interactions with us. If He is eternal, as I believe He is, He could have been doing many things, creating many other worlds, even, before He created ours. The idea that the Bible contains a record of everything God has ever said or done is very limiting to our understanding of Him.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:42 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,782,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe that Jesus Christ created our universe under the direction of His Father.

Some people assume that God created the universe in literally six days, simply because that's how the Bible puts it. Others believe that, as the Bible says, "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years," and that the earth must therefore have been created over a period of six thousand years. Others, like me, understand that passage to be an analogy which really means, "one day is with the Lord as many, many, many years." Sure, it could have been billions of years. And there is no reason on earth to assume that God was doing nothing during all the years prior to the creation of our world. The Bible is, after all, only an account of the creation of our Earth and His interactions with us. If He is eternal, as I believe He is, He could have been doing many things, creating many other worlds, even, before He created ours. The idea that the Bible contains a record of everything God has ever said or done is very limiting to our understanding of Him.
Exactly! Many believers don't seems to understand that it was the "one holy, catholic and apostolic Church" that gave us the scriptures, as it (the Church) was inspired by the Holy Spirit...

When one begins to phantasize that the Bible somehow created the Church....well, it's just backwards.

And He decided what He was going to tell us and not tell us.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:08 PM

63,963 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hmmm. Just how did He do that since He was born long after the creation of the earth which was billions of years after the creation of the universe????

Old 09-06-2017, 04:58 PM

10,084 posts, read 4,999,492 times
Quote:
Remember, a day to god is a thousand years to us so to us god was with nothing and appears to do nothing for 365,000,000,000,000,000+ years.
Amen
The very first thing God did was create the pre-human heavenly Jesus according to Rev. 3:14 B; 1:5, Colossians 1:15
So, God created heavenly creation, angelic creation, long before He created the material/physical realm of existence.
In other words, God first created the invisible spirit realm long before he started our visible material world.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:00 PM

10,084 posts, read 4,999,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hmmm. Just how did He do that since He was born long after the creation of the earth which was billions of years after the creation of the universe????
In Scripture it teaches that Jesus had a pre-human existence in the heavens long before God sent Jesus to Earth.
Jesus as God's first heavenly creation ( Rev. 1:5; 3:14 B; Col 1:15 ) is the second part of the ' us ' of Genesis 1:26.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:40 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,453,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Exactly! Many believers don't seems to understand that it was the "one holy, catholic and apostolic Church" that gave us the scriptures, as it (the Church) was inspired by the Holy Spirit...

When one begins to phantasize that the Bible somehow created the Church....well, it's just backwards.

And He decided what He was going to tell us and not tell us.

It may have been "inspired" to collect them, but that does not make it Inspired and True. The apostate Jewish Priesthood canonized toe OT and they were not Inspired at that time and were teaching falsehoods of men. Ditto after the 1st century in the "Church" in harmony with many scriptures saying such would happen. The catholic and apostolic Church was not "Holy" by then. Filled with weeds/tares.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I'm confused by your question, Mystic. Don't you believe Jesus existed prior to His birth in Bethlehem? He may not have had a mortal body, but I believe He existed as a spirit "in the beginning," i.e. from the biblical account of the creation and before. He was ordained to be the Sacrificial Lamb prior to the creation of our Earth, and the scriptures speak of His role in the creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity