Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Harvey was a judgment of God upon America. It was a sign of vigorous prosecution of wickedness upon a wicked nation. Whether its a sign of the End Times or not remains to be seen.

On the SAME DAY that Hurricane Harvey was upgraded from a tropical storm to a devastating hurricane President Trump insisted that America should force Israel to continue to seek peace with the Palestinians. On the same day...... Google it if you doubt this.

Every single time America forced Israel to make concessions to its enemies, America has suffered some sort of natural disaster.

"I will bless those who bless you (Israel) and I will curse those who curse you." - God as quoted in Genesis 12:3

Watch and learn America. You are not the Exceptional Nation you think you are. Judgment has come upon you and judgment will continue if you do not repent of your evil ways.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 05:00 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Harvey was a judgment of God upon America. It was a sign of vigorous prosecution of wickedness upon a wicked nation. Whether its a sign of the End Times or not remains to be seen.

On the SAME DAY that Hurricane Harvey was upgraded from a tropical storm to a devastating hurricane President Trump insisted that America should force Israel to continue to seek peace with the Palestinians. On the same day...... Google it if you doubt this.

Every single time America forced Israel to make concessions to its enemies, America has suffered some sort of natural disaster.

"I will bless those who bless you (Israel) and I will curse those who curse you." - God as quoted in Genesis 12:3

Watch and learn America. You are not the Exceptional Nation you think you are. Judgment has come upon you and judgment will continue if you do not repent of your evil ways.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Amen! He that hath an ear let him hear.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 AM

Hurricane Maria is on the march.

" Days after Hurricane Irma devastated Caribbean, Florida, new Category 5 hurricane 'brutalizes' Dominica, threatens PR."

'Worse than Irma': Category 5 hurricane threatens Caribbean - Israel National News

Old 09-20-2017, 05:08 AM

More calamities:

" (CNN) — Rescuers searched for survivors through the night after Tuesday's powerful earthquake shook Mexico City and surrounding states, killing scores and leaving many trapped under collapsed buildings.
At least 216 people died in Mexico City -- the country's capital -- and in the states of Puebla, Mexico and Morelos, officials said. Previously, authorities had said that as many as 248 people had died. The death toll was later revised."

Mexico earthquake kills scores, topples buildings - CNN

Old 09-20-2017, 09:32 AM

23,182 posts, read 10,474,991 times
This has also been a historic time across the world with the greatest monsoons seen.

Millions affected as monsoon floods ravage Nepal, India | India News | Al Jazeera

Old 09-20-2017, 09:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
But climate change is, of course, a hoax.

It's not the fact we are poisoning Eden with billions of tons of toxic emissions or wounding our Mother bit by fracking bit. Nuh-uh, it's not us. It's god and he's pissed.

Keep your heads in the ground, ostriches. You'll be safe.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:42 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,806,813 times
Default Some events are expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
More calamities:

" (CNN) — Rescuers searched for survivors through the night after Tuesday's powerful earthquake shook Mexico City and surrounding states, killing scores and leaving many trapped under collapsed buildings.
At least 216 people died in Mexico City -- the country's capital -- and in the states of Puebla, Mexico and Morelos, officials said. Previously, authorities had said that as many as 248 people had died. The death toll was later revised."

Mexico earthquake kills scores, topples buildings - CNN
Yah. Apparently even the Aztec gods had it in for Ciudad Mexico. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City#Geography

"Mexico City is located in the Valley of Mexico, sometimes called the Basin of Mexico. This valley is located in the Trans-Mexican Volcanic Belt in the high plateaus of south-central Mexico.[57][58] It has a minimum altitude of 2,200 meters (7,200 feet) above sea level and is surrounded by mountains and volcanoes that reach elevations of over 5,000 metres (16,000 feet).[59] This valley has no natural drainage outlet for the waters that flow from the mountainsides, making the city vulnerable to flooding. Drainage was engineered through the use of canals and tunnels starting in the 17th century.[57][59]

"Mexico City primarily rests on what was Lake Texcoco.[57] Seismic activity is frequent here.[60] Lake Texcoco was drained starting from the 17th century. Although none of the lake waters remain, the city rests on the lake bed's heavily saturated clay. This soft base is collapsing due to the over-extraction of groundwater, called groundwater-related subsidence. Since the beginning of the 20th century the city has sunk as much as nine metres (30 feet) in some areas. This sinking is causing problems with runoff and wastewater management, leading to flooding problems, especially during the rainy season.[59][60][61] The entire lake bed is now paved over and most of the city's remaining forested areas lie in the southern boroughs of Milpa Alta, Tlalpan and Xochimilco.[60]"

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

So - wherever there are tectonic plates in contact - Japan, México City, Hawaii, Italy, the US West Coast - you have a high incidence of volcanoes & earthquakes, & tsunamis. Now if we get them in areas with no previous history of them, that would be something.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But climate change is, of course, a hoax.

It's not the fact we are poisoning Eden with billions of tons of toxic emissions or wounding our Mother bit by fracking bit. Nuh-uh, it's not us. It's god and he's pissed.

Keep your heads in the ground, ostriches. You'll be safe.
The debate is not about whether the climate is changing, but rather what is the source behind this climate change. Open the Bible for the answer.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The debate is not about whether the climate is changing, but rather what is the source behind this climate change. Open the Bible for the answer.
The day I look to the bible for answers about climate, or most anything, is the day I lost my mind.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The day I look to the bible for answers about climate, or most anything, is the day I lost my mind.
To the contrary, you lost your mind the day that you rejected the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity