Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:34 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes it is. He most definitely used fear to draw me to Him (and my friend) and to this day we both can't thank Him enough that He did, regardless of the shock it put both of us through as we watched our nice, "normal" spiritually blind world disintegrate into the reality of what actually IS. To Him be all the glory. Peace
It shows and explains a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. He most definitely used fear to draw me to Him (and my friend) and to this day we both can't thank Him enough that He did, regardless of the shock it put both of us through as we watched our nice, "normal" spiritually blind world disintegrate into the reality of what actually IS. To Him be all the glory. Peace
One thing i have noticed about your posts is your failure to support what you are saying with scripture. Do you have scriptures to back up that God drew you by fear

There have been 2 defining moments after i first believed. One was the grace that brought me back to him having forgotten it due to being deeply immersed in fundamentalism,,the grace that gives confidence to approach boldly the throne of grace.

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

The other seeing that there was never a time when i was not loved of God, this occured after i walked away from the church

I have loved you with an everlasting love, with loving kindness i have drawn you

Old 09-12-2017, 02:14 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

The think is, you ASSUME that the fear was TOWARDS G-d. It was not. Peace

Old 09-12-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
The think is, you ASSUME that the fear was TOWARDS G-d. It was not. Peace
What was it towards then ?. You, not me actually said "he used fear to draw you".

Old 09-12-2017, 02:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Indeed.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:23 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Anything is nothing, until you label it something:
The meanings of words are subject to your interpretation now.

"Anything is nothing"... laughable

Quote:
"Telling your children they are going to hell, if they don't believe is NOT a motivator."
You don't know what motivates every single person. Everyone is different.

No boundaries for you. Words are subject to your interpretation... everyone is subject to what you think motivates them. We are all just part of your world.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:24 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
...There have been 2 defining moments after i first believed. One was the grace that brought me back to him having forgotten it due to being deeply immersed in fundamentalism,,the grace that gives confidence to approach boldly the throne of grace.

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

The other seeing that there was never a time when i was not loved of God, this occured after i walked away from the church

I have loved you with an everlasting love, with loving kindness i have drawn you

Words to bask in and allow to permeate until it flows over.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The "anything" in the statement includes love, compassion, death, and destruction. Anything means anything.

God is the ultimate good. Anytime we seek Him it is good.
Quote:
Anything is nothing, until you label it something:

"Telling your children they are going to hell, if they don't believe is NOT a motivator."
Quote:
The meanings of words are subject to your interpretation now.

"Anything is nothing"... laughable
Anything was nothing, until YOU decided to labeled it SOMETHING:
Love, compassion, death and destruction. YOU left out your FEAR.

Quote:
You don't know what motivates every single person. Everyone is different.

No boundaries for you. Words are subject to your interpretation... everyone is subject to what you think motivates them. We are all just part of your world.
Love has no limit or boundary, unless you cover over it with fear, death and destruction.
I'm not the one living in a basement waiting for a flood to come, move to higher ground.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
I'm not the one living in a basement waiting for a flood to come, move to higher ground.
What's that supposed to mean ??

Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM

465 posts, read 235,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade I'm not the one living in a basement waiting for a flood to come, move to higher ground.
Quote:
What's that supposed to mean ??
It means he is out to insult all of your intelligence again.

Yes, surely, let him blare that horn, eat the microphone.

They claim they have the answers to everything in rows.

But then it's too scientific for them to see what's at stairs.

Yes, that night showed Orion laying down, those 3 stars.

If he thinks a high-rise will save him, he has no sunrises.

The sky shifts, land shifts, water rises, Earth in Heavens.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity