Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:00 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,174,563 times

Advertisements

Mikko fasting chastity and good works take away ZERO sins......and since you bring up Paul, he preached Christ and Him crucified which DID take away the sins of the world.........so that you and all your friends can be saved by the free gift of grace.......you can't work for your salvation......it's an insult to the shed blood and completed work of Christ on the cross....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 08:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,395,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That fasting, charity and good works takes away our sins? Have you compared that to Paul's letter to the Galatians? You must think he's schizophrenic if he wrote both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Mikko fasting chastity and good works take away ZERO sins......and since you bring up Paul, he preached Christ and Him crucified which DID take away the sins of the world.........so that you and all your friends can be saved by the free gift of grace.......you can't work for your salvation......it's an insult to the shed blood and completed work of Christ on the cross....
It is an insult to think that anyone has to shed their blood, so you can believe them or else?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:11 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,071,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Do I think Satan can make sweet smelling poison fruit?
Yes, I do.

(Did you even read what I linked to?)
I agree...He did after all bring Christianity...

Old 10-13-2017, 03:22 AM

9,010 posts, read 4,701,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I agree...He did after all bring Christianity...
Why is it that you and TroutDude come here to do nothing but insult Christianity?
Should I go to the Judaism forum and insult the Midrash, Mishnah, and the Gemara?
I think not.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,071,169 times
Quote:
Why is it that you and TroutDude come here to do nothing but insult Christianity?
Should I go to the Judaism forum and insult the Midrash, Mishnah, and the Gemara?
I think not.
Why not try understanding Judaism since your Christianity claims to descend from it?...How is it that Judaism does not have the Christian Satan, but yet Christianity claims to be an offshoot of Judaism?...How is it that Judaism does not have the Christian Messiah, but yet Christianity claims to be an off shoot of Judaism?...How is it that Judaism does not have the Christian New Covenant, but yet Christianity claims to be an offshoot of Judaism?...How is it that Judaism has the Torah to guide us in the improvement of ourselves as better human beings, yet the Christians are lawless?...How is it that we Jews blame ourselves for our own sins, but the Christians blame Satan?...How is it that we Jews study Torah everyday to understand it, yet Christians barely study their Christian edited Old Testament and have the nerve to tell us Jews that we don't understand our own Holy Book?...

Old 10-13-2017, 08:12 AM

9,010 posts, read 4,701,782 times
And AGAIN, you come here to insult us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Why not try understanding Judaism since your Christianity claims to descend from it?...How is it that Judaism does not have the Christian Satan, but yet Christianity claims to be an offshoot of Judaism?...
I do understand Judaism, and you don't recognize Satan because you have dispensed with the understanding that God gave you about Satan.

Quote:
How is it that Judaism does not have the Christian Messiah, but yet Christianity claims to be an off shoot of Judaism?...How is it that Judaism does not have the Christian New Covenant, but yet Christianity claims to be an offshoot of Judaism?...
Because the Jews MISSED The Messiah and the New Covenant.

Quote:
How is it that Judaism has the Torah to guide us in the improvement of ourselves as better human beings, yet the Christians are lawless?...
If Christians are lawless, the the Torah is LAW,
not "guidance," and not "teachings."
And yet we are not "lawless," we just have
a new covenant that you FAIL to understand.

Quote:
How is it that we Jews blame ourselves for our own sins, but the Christians blame Satan?...How is it that we Jews study Torah everyday to understand it, yet Christians barely study their Christian edited Old Testament and have the nerve to tell us Jews that we don't understand our own Holy Book?...
If Christians blame Satan for their sins, it is because
they do not understand their own Scriptures.

If Jews study the Torah every day to understand it,
then Christians study the Bible every day to understand it.

But Jews don't study the Torah every day.
Many don't study it at all,
and you, pretending otherwise, are dishonest.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
I know that many peoples think that this letter may be a lie, but if you think about it, it is a very strange lie, because it is actually very good exhortation. Do someone really think that a servant of Satan can do fruits like this? I doubt.
Yes, according to Scripture.

KJV 2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Jesus spoke of Satan sowing weeds IN the field which is where all Christians are and even taking over the field so true and false would be hard to tell apart. 36,000 denominations in just the US, show this is true.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:31 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
And AGAIN, you come here to insult us...

I do understand Judaism, and you don't recognize Satan because you have dispensed with the understanding that God gave you about Satan.

Because the Jews MISSED The Messiah and the New Covenant.

If Christians are lawless, the the Torah is LAW,
not "guidance," and not "teachings."
And yet we are not "lawless," we just have
a new covenant that you FAIL to understand.

If Christians blame Satan for their sins, it is because
they do not understand their own Scriptures.

If Jews study the Torah every day to understand it,
then Christians study the Bible every day to understand it.

But Jews don't study the Torah every day.
Many don't study it at all,
and you, pretending otherwise, are dishonest.
Yep most Jews missed it in Jesus' day and do today.

They were told of a New Covenant and have no idea what it is. The fact that they have no King in the small part of "Israel" they call a Nation, No Temple, No valid priesthood, no tribal divisions, no sacrifices and most do not live by the Law given to them shows they do not have God's favor at all as a group.

Individuals can still change.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,049,405 times
Quote:
I think not.
That's just what they do. Call them the resident entertainment.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:29 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,049,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It is an insult to think that anyone has to shed their blood, so you can believe them or else?
Yes. The fact that we need a savior who bled and died for us is an offense to the proud. I understand it. It takes a humble man to admit he's not perfect and sinless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity