Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 01:06 AM

605 posts, read 337,259 times

Advertisements

Something occurred to me.

To be absent with the Body is to be Present with the Lord
Today, you shall be with me in Paradise.

So when we die, as a Christian, let's say right now, we are immediately with our God.

Then....later....our bodies are resurrected. Let's say in a decade.

Yet... if we taken on a glorified body, why do we need our Physical bodies resurrected? I mean, it reads

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Eclesiastes 3

Maybe only those bodies which haven't rot yet are risen? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 03:00 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,065,888 times
The earthly remain stay in the grave and are not resurrected , it is our soul and spirit through Christ that goes to heaven , then the Lord prepare these into a form for His interaction , and according to Holy Spirit Heaven is bliss

Old 12-19-2018, 04:17 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,620,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post

So when we die, as a Christian, let's say right now, we are immediately with our God.

Yet... if we taken on a glorified body, why do we need our Physical bodies resurrected? I mean, it reads

All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. Eclesiastes 3

That’s not what your good book says. You will be dirt napping until jusus returns. Learn your bible.

1 Thessalonians 4:14–16
14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again,u and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.v 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord,w will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.x 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven,y with a loud command, with the voice of the archangelz and with the trumpet call of God,a and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:18 AM

1,382 posts, read 771,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The earthly remain stay in the grave and are not resurrected , it is our soul and spirit through Christ that goes to heaven , then the Lord prepare these into a form for His interaction , and according to Holy Spirit Heaven is bliss

One's "soul" is the formed "dust" imbued with the "breath of life". (Genesis 2:7) When that formed "dust" returns to the ground, it is no longer a "soul", and the "dead" are lifeless, with no work, nor planning. (Ecclesiastes 9:10). As with Daniel 12:13, there is only "rest".

Ecclesiastes 9:10 [SIZE=2]10[/SIZE]Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:43 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,621,515 times
Quote:

You misunderstand. The resurrection body is the glorified body. When we die, the soul and spirit of the believer separates from the body and goes into the presence of the Lord in Heaven while the body goes into the grave. There may or may not be an interim body of sorts in heaven, Revelation 7:9-13 suggests that there is. But that is not the resurrection body which will indeed be a glorified spiritual body that is yet a body of flesh, just as Jesus' resurrected body was and is flesh. Recall that Jesus demonstrated to His apostles after He had been raised, that He was not a spirit, but that He was flesh and bone. The resurrection body is a glorified physical body that is spiritual, but not spirit.
Luke 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
It is not God's plan for the believer to go through eternity as an immaterial spirit.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You misunderstand. The resurrection body is the glorified body. When we die, the soul and spirit of the believer separates from the body and goes into the presence of the Lord in Heaven while the body goes into the grave. There may or may not be an interim body of sorts in heaven, Revelation 7:9-13 suggests that there is. But that is not the resurrection body which will indeed be a glorified spiritual body that is yet a body of flesh, just as Jesus' resurrected body was and is flesh. Recall that Jesus demonstrated to His apostles after He had been raised, that He was not a spirit, but that He was flesh and bone. The resurrection body is a glorified physical body that is spiritual, but not spirit.
Luke 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
It is not God's plan for the believer to go through eternity as an immaterial spirit.
great, thank you

Old 12-19-2018, 11:14 AM

thanks everyone

Old 12-19-2018, 12:17 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,621,515 times
Quote:
great, thank you
You're welcome.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:49 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,017,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Luke 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." It is not God's plan for the believer to go through eternity as an immaterial spirit.

Because Jesus was resurrected by his God back to his pre-human heavenly spirit body is why his followers did Not recognize the resurrected Jesus according to Luke at Luke 24:13-16.
Some thought the resurrected Jesus was a stranger in verse 18.
So, the resurrected Jesus used 'different materialized bodies' to appear to his followers.
At Luke 24:36-37 Jesus was reassuring his followers that it was him.
If Jesus was in his old physical body they would Not have been terrified or frightened as verse 37 says.
At John 20:14 even though seeing Jesus they 'knew not' that it was the resurrected Jesus.
A physically resurrected Jesus could Not walk through doors - John 20:19,26.
Plus, the disciples 'knew Not' that it was the resurrected Jesus according to John 21:4.

Plus, ' flesh.....' (physical) can Not inherit the kingdom as per 1st Corinthians 15:50.
Jesus was resurrected Not in a physical mortal body, but as an incorruptible spirit body - 1 Cor. 15:53-54.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:57 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,017,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes, Heaven in bliss and that is why Jesus asked us to pray for the Kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come ).
Jesus did Not instruct to pray to be ' taken away' to the kingdom, Nor pray to be ' taken up ' to the kingdom.
Since Heaven is bliss, then we are praying that God's will (God's purpose) be done right here on Earth as it is in Heaven.
In Heaven there is No crime, No violence, No war, No sickness and No death in Heaven.
So, we are praying for those same blissful conditions that exist in Heaven to come and exist right here on Earth.
That is why Psalm 46:9 lets us know God will bring wars to stop all over the Earth.
Also, why the 35th chapter of Isaiah lets us know there will be No more sickness on Earth - Isaiah 33:24.
Thus, it is No wonder we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Jesus to come and Not the other way around. Come and bring the blissful blessings of Revelation 22:2 to Earth.
When mankind on Earth will see the return of the Genesis "Tree of Life" on Earth for the healing of earth's nations.
Seems as if King David and Daniel are still awaiting an earthly resurrection - Acts 2:34; Daniel 12:2,13.
For that matter all who died before Jesus' died can only have an earthly resurrection - John 3:13.

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 12-19-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity