Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 01:22 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Revelation is clear--the 144,000 will be in heaven prior to Har-mageddon. It occurs here in these last days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 10:48 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
JWs do not follow the bible only what the organization teaches
I agree; Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the only one to worship is Jehovah, but look at 1 Tim. 2:3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] Who will have all me n to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. [5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;[6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

My wife says JW's invite her to come to their church, "but don't dare partake of the Lord's Supper."

Old 11-09-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
OSAS is indeed false doctrine, which gives false hope to willfully sinning christians.

Dr. Charles Stanley holds this false doctrine too. He claimed a practicing homosexual would go to Heaven if that person had previously accepted Christ.
IOA excellent post

Old 11-09-2017, 02:10 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I agree; Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the only one to worship is Jehovah, but look at 1 Tim. 2:3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] Who will have all me n to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. [5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;[6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

My wife says JW's invite her to come to their church, "but don't dare partake of the Lord's Supper."

Only the anointed teachers--part of the little flock( Luke 12:32) were present at the Lords supper. Jesus made that covenant with them. Some are unworthy to partake.1Cor 11:27)

Old 11-09-2017, 04:16 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
IS GOD PLEASED WITH US HAVING SO MANY DENOMINATIONS?

See 1 Cor.1:[10] Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
God inspired His Apostle Paul to write the verse above.
I firmly believe that the words of Jesus in Matt. 7:[16] Jesus answered them [the Jews], and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
One example is the doctrine of once saved, always saved
This doctrine is refuted: with Matt. 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
and Matt. 12:[43] When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, [which implies that he has received the Holy Spirit] he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. [44] and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. [45] Then goeth h and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out;e first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
If we are doing the will of our heavenly Father, we are better able to discern Biblical doctrines
I'm sure He's not pleased about it, Robert, but what would you suggest we do about it? Given the fact that we don't all see eye-to-eye on so many differing doctrines and precepts, I would imagine that He'd actually be quite delighted if we could just all learn to treat one another with the same love, compassion and mercy His Son showed while He was here on earth. That wouldn't solve everything, but it would definitely be a good first step.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
OSAS is indeed false doctrine, which gives false hope to willfully sinning christians.

Dr. Charles Stanley holds this false doctrine too. He claimed a practicing homosexual would go to Heaven if that person had previously accepted Christ.
Not that i believe in OSAS, because it is not hell to heaven we are saved from, but i will reming you of those wonderful words of Jesus "Forgive them Father for they know not what they are doing". I think if we saw what we were doing to ourselves by willfully sinning and had the ability to no longer do so then i am sure we would. Have you figured out how to deal with that same issue Paul had, the things i want to do i don't and the things i don't want to do i do?.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm sure He's not pleased about it, Robert, but what would you suggest we do about it? Given the fact that we don't all see eye-to-eye on so many differing doctrines and precepts, I would imagine that He'd actually be quite delighted if we could just all learn to treat one another with the same love, compassion and mercy His Son showed while He was here on earth. That wouldn't solve everything, but it would definitely be a good first step.
Katherine,
I think that would be an excellent first step. See Philippians 1:[15] Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
[16] The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: [17] But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. [18] What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
Paul taught in first Corinthians 1:10] Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
But in the first chapter of first Corinthians, he rejoiced that Christ was preached in many different ways. Many groups would teach that their own group was the only one that was true, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Herbert Armstrong believers, and Truelights, but the latter two groups had dropped their claims that theirs was the only true group. Even Catholics have somewhat softened their claim to be the only true church.
The words of Jesus in Mark chapter 9 should chastise all of us who claim to have the only true doctrines:[37] Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. [38] And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
[39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.[40] For he that is not against us is on our part.
Catholics have almost deified Mary when they call her the mother of God. I believe there are Catholics who believe that Jesus is their Savior who can enter the kingdom of God, and that Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses who truly believe that we should be obedient to the words of Christ and put their trust in Christ as their Savior are more likely to enter the kingdom of God than many Protestants who teach that if we only trust in Jesus as our Savior, they can do anything to lose their salvation. I believe that the ONCE SAVED, ALWAYS SAVED believers who believe they cannot do anything to lose their salvation are deceived if they think they do not have to be obedient to the words of Christ and still be saved. Many of them are like the Pharisee in Luke chapter 18 who was praising his own good works. Jesus said that the publican who prayed, "God be merciful to me a sinner" would be justified.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 11-11-2017 at 07:56 AM..

Old 11-11-2017, 08:10 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Revelation is clear--the 144,000 will be in heaven prior to Har-mageddon. It occurs here in these last days.
The final battle happens AFTER the millennium, not before it. Look it up. We have at least one thousand years to wait for the first shot.

The 144,000 is a figure or representation of a perfect number. It is most definitely not a supportive device for a particular non-Jewish pagan cult. The passage is a metaphor. Go back and read it again. Try to read the scripture for what its worth without inserting special interest group ideology.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 11-11-2017, 11:04 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,950,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Have you figured out how to deal with that same issue Paul had, the things i want to do i don't and the things i don't want to do i do?.
Paul couldn't live free from sin under the Law of Moses, which is what Chapter 7 of Romans is addressing. What turned that around?

Romans 8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:39 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Paul couldn't live free from sin under the Law of Moses, which is what Chapter 7 of Romans is addressing. What turned that around?

Romans 8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Very nice that you quote scripture, but i asked you a question, which was have you figured it out the issue that Paul had with sin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity