Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 09:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I like the idea that love is having compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, patience and so forth. I do believe in God, though. But you made me think that it is easy to be grateful to a person who has the above-mentioned qualities.
And the point is that all of the other qualities or attributes of God WILL be consistent with that love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point is that all of the other qualities or attributes of God WILL be consistent with that love.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Either one believes that Jesus showed us a "more perfect way" or they don't. And if they don't they have no idea what the guidance of the Spirit is all about and they might as well think that their rituals are what constitutes a relationship with God. Bottom line. Peace is in a loving relationship with God and man.
Ah yes Jesus the exemplar doctrine.

Oh btw: don't worry yourself whether or not we have no idea what spirit that it is you're advocating.
We do since it doesn't please God unless you are just as perfect.

Bottom line: Jesus as the exemplar doctrine is from the spirit of the self-righteous Pharisee ... who of course is going to expect to attend the wedding feast wearing his\her less than perfect wardrobe.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:53 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ah yes Jesus the exemplar doctrine.

Oh btw: don't worry yourself whether or not we have no idea what spirit that it is you're advocating.
We do since it doesn't please God unless you are just as perfect.

Bottom line: Jesus as the exemplar doctrine is from the spirit of the self-righteous Pharisee ... who of course is going to expect to attend the wedding feast wearing his\her less than perfect wardrobe.
How can one even claim to be Christian if Christ is not exemplar?

I have no idea what god you worship, but if Jesus is NOT exemplar in your mind then your belief system is closer to Judaism or Mohammadism. They don't think Jesus is exemplar either.

"We become what we worship."
Dr. G. K. Beale, Professor of NT and biblical theology, Westminster Theological Seminary
PhD, University of Cambridge, 1981
ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1976
MA, Southern Methodist University, 1976
BA, Southern Methodist University, 1971

I worship Jesus as the exemplary example of GOD IS LOVE! I don't need clothes at the wedding feast----Jesus clothes me with His exemplar nature.

For those lacking knowledge of exemplar atonement:

"A number of theologians see "example" (or "exemplar") theories of the atonement as variations of the moral influence theory.[22] Wayne Grudem, however, argues that "Whereas the moral influence theory says that Christ's death teaches us how much God loves us, the example theory says that Christ's death teaches us how we should live."[23] Grudem identifies the Socinians as supporters of the example theory." Wikipedia

My God is a God of the Living.

"He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!” Mark 12:27

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-02-2017 at 12:05 PM..

Old 11-02-2017, 01:05 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Either one believes that Jesus showed us a "more perfect way" or they don't. And if they don't they have no idea what the guidance of the Spirit is all about and they might as well think that their rituals are what constitutes a relationship with God. Bottom line. Peace is in a loving relationship with God and man.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:10 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Either one knows the characteristics of God and the image we are being conformed after or they don’t. So far you have come up wanting on this. You have a lot to say about bible symbolism that tickles your ears and the ears of a few others. If you spent as much time seeking after that which actually is beneficial to conforming you to that image, you might just have something useful to share. Remember the symbolism of birds, tress, mountains, the water and wind that Jesus used the people got it, the symbolism you think should be hidden is just ear tickling..
Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If one believes that God speaks in code so that many will not understand and can be excluded from the experience of God's love until they prove themselves worthy, then I guess it makes sense that one would do the same. And if one believes that God gets angry and condemns and punishes, then how can they help but be conformed to that image?
Amen! God is NOT the author of confusion. God who IS agape love is NOT a God of wrath and vengeance or an eternal Hell. How can one read the descriptions of God's Holy Spirit in 1 Cor 13, the Sermon on the Mount and Galatians 5 and still accept such condemnation and punishment?

Old 11-02-2017, 01:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Qualities or Fruits?

I know of many trees with qualities that could be construed as usefull. But are not.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
I can say positively and with no doubt, emphatically, 100% I know the answer.
And I have no scientific proof....it was revealed to me.
But,
since there are many many things that please God....my answer to
a different question is more important, in my opinion..
What does God want?
This magnificent, brilliant Being that created and sustains billions upon billions of
galaxies each with billions of suns/stars, Who is nothing if not pure, raw feeeelings and heart...
not some robot that 'needs nothing' as some here think...wants one thing from us
teeny, tiny, little creatures of His and it is why we even exist ...our love. ❤️
Wants it, craves it, longs for it, waits for it, yearns for it, needs it almost
beyond imagination...it is actually very painful...it is
an agony and an ecstasy extraordinaire.

Please, do not believe me...find out for yourself...go inside...be still.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
How can one even claim to be Christian if Christ is not exemplar?
Then be perfect just as ... not 'sort of just as' ... not 'almost just as' ... not 99.99% just as ... otherwise the claim never was applicable to begin with.

Quote:
I have no idea what god you worship, but if Jesus is NOT exemplar in your mind then your belief system is closer to Judaism or Mohammadism. They don't think Jesus is exemplar either.
...snip ....
Not only do you have no idea, you can't even manage to conjure up a correct equivalency.

Quote:
I worship Jesus as the exemplary example of GOD IS LOVE! I don't need clothes at the wedding feast----Jesus clothes me with His exemplar nature. ....
You don't need to reaffirm what jesus you or other people worship, it obvious.
I don't need clothes at the wedding feast---- GOD IS LOVE! (that's all folks ... wink wink)

psst: don't tell Hepburn, Sparrow and especially Pleroo ... Pleroo really has a difficult time discerning from certain people like you who imply (that's all folks ... wink wink) when you shout: GOD IS LOVE!

Old 11-02-2017, 01:49 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
... Pleroo really has a difficult time discerning from certain people like you who imply (that's all folks ... wink wink) when you shout: GOD IS LOVE!
Twin, God is not ONLY love and no one has ever said that, including Warden. You can just keep ignoring Nate's post which I drew your attention to, or you can actually read and acknowledge that you are misrepresenting what has been said. It's up to you..

Quote:
You claim other characteristics as if God were a split personality and you denigrate the very difficult decisions that concern for Everyone entails as "feel good emotions" when you know that is not what is happening but repeat your lie without actually EVER confronting the statements and ideas presented to you that SHOW it as a lie. ALWAYS the actions that we know as justice and holy WILL be consistent with the love that God IS and you seem to say that God has multiple personality disorder by denying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity