Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 12:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Exactly. Repetition gets old as does ignoring a wall of scriptures, in favor of cherry picking the same ones over and over again out of context of the WHOLE, to provide as a "reply". Peace
Why is it that fundamentalists do that which they accuse others of doing?
Yet, they take no responsibility for their own thoughts, deeds and actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 12:11 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why is it that fundamentalists do that which they accuse others of doing?
Yet, they take no responsibility for their own thoughts, deeds and actions.
Pay up, Jer.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Fulfilled the law towards his neighbor (but only with the help of the Spirit, else it's still a work of flesh), but you conveniently forget about the first ones that deal with your relationship with Him.

Mark 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.…

If one follows that one commandment, then according to Paul they have fulfilled the LAW.
Quote:
Mark 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.…

If one follows that one commandment, then according to Paul they have fulfilled the LAW.

Quote:
Mark 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Quote:
John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Quote:
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Quote:
WHAT commandments would Jesus have kept raised as a Jew? Is the servant greater than the Master?
“Love your neighbor as yourself."

Quote:
1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Quote:
1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Quote:
1John3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Quote:
1John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Quote:
1John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

Quote:
1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Quote:
2John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Quote:
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
I John 4:7-8
Quote:
So simple. Peace
So simple!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HAb408XUPs

You cannot know God if you do not love, because God is love. And EVERYONE who loves has been born of God.

Keep every law, every feast, be righteous in every other aspect, but without love you cannot know God.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-06-2017 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: formatting

Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Nice cherry picking, probably the ultimate, but you still ignored what all the scriptures I posted said. Notice in several of them He said COMMANDMENTS, PLURAL, and the ones they received from the BEGINNING, which were NOT from Paul. No matter how hard you try to ignore it, Paul kept the law, so did Jesus, so did the thousands of Jews who were MORE zealous of the law after they believed. Have another close look....

Mark 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mark 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

WHAT commandments would Jesus have kept raised as a Jew? Is the servant greater than the Master?

1John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1John3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

So simple. Peace

Old 11-06-2017, 01:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And, getting back to the post in question, I suppose you feel a non-answer to the question of what one believes they are saved from is best. Considering that many Christians consider the doctrine of salvation THE key doctrine on which all their other doctrines hinge, I find that odd.
I had you also in mind when I stated previously:
you being too busy formulating answer narratives to realize that answers HAVE been answered initially. It's not my responsibility to make up answers so that you're happy when Scriptures isn't to your liking.
Did you read the citizen of bigotry and hate (zthatzmanz28) post #24 in the OP Sigh, should Pastors carry a pistol and make that known? ... she quoted Jesus' answer which you're wantonly refusing to "not believe".

This is part of the quoted Bible verse she had no trouble finding:
"What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.

Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. "
~ Jesus
Go ahead ... come up with some other parrot narrative that somehow nobody ever replied with that God sends unbelievers and those who renounced their faith to hell according to Jesus.

It's not our fault that you opted for a lie that sneers at the part which Jesus also said to be proclaimed from the roofs that doesn't tickle your "Love ... that's all folks" ear.

Last edited by twin.spin; 11-06-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 11-06-2017, 01:33 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

“Love your neighbor as yourself."

I John 4:7-8
So simple!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HAb408XUPs

You cannot know God if you do not love, because God is love. And EVERYONE who loves has been born of God.

Keep every law, every feast, be righteous in every other aspect, but without love you cannot know God.
RoFL ~ Rofl

Old 11-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I had you also in mind when I stated previously:
you being too busy formulating answer narratives to realize that answers HAVE been answered initially. It's not my responsibility to make up answers so that you're happy when Scriptures isn't to your liking.
Did you read the citizen of bigotry and hate (zthatzmanz28) post #24 in the OP Sigh, should Pastors carry a pistol and make that known? ... she quoted Jesus' answer which you're wantonly refusing to "not believe".

This is part of the quoted Bible verse she had no trouble finding:
"What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.

Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. "
~ Jesus
Go ahead ... come up with some other parrot narrative that somehow nobody ever replied with that God sends unbelievers and those who renounced their faith to hell according to Jesus.

It's not our fault that you opted for a lie that sneers at the part which Jesus also said to be proclaimed from the roofs that doesn't tickle your "Love ... that's all folks" ear.
You do realize I that this was Rbbi’s question, which she has declined to answer herself. I wasn’t asking you twin. I know what you believe.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:49 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Let's see, People who are racist against Judah, Anti-God, Anti-Torah, Anti Messianic ways that have resulted in the murder of millions of Jews is talking about the love of the law. Love of your neighbor when there is no love for your Jewish bro.

Warden, you should really law off the law since you don't know it, since you don't believe in it, and because it looks so silly. Exactly what are you trying to prove with those opening statements about adultery, murder, and such? If you murder somebody, you don't love them, and so that couldn't be the reason you are quoting all those, it actually looks like you are trying to invalidate the law to me, as if murder and adultery doesn't mean murder and adultery anymore or something. I can't figure it out, where are you going to again? Again, whoever keeps the least of the laws of Moses and teaches others to keep the laws of Moses will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. I have never seen so much rationalization.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You do realize I that this was Rbbi’s question, which she has declined to answer herself. I wasn’t asking you twin. I know what you believe.
What I do realize is that I know that the question has been answered despite any deflection or excuses on certain people's part.

Fact is the answer has been proclaimed from the roof tops despite if in your mind Rbbi1 doesn't seem to answer.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What I do realize is that I know that the question has been answered despite any deflection or excuses on certain people's part.

Fact is the answer has been proclaimed from the roof tops despite if in your mind Rbbi1 doesn't seem to answer.
Her answer isn't the same as yours, as far as I know (that people are being saved from eternal torment) since she is a Universalist. So, what is Rbbi's answer, since you understand her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity