Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:36 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
No. . . .
God's only begotten son, Jesus Christ, clearly stated to the Jewish religious leaders of that time that his Father had abandoned them as his people for special possession . . . due to their repeated willful sinning against his will for them, concluding with the murder of the Messiah he sent for them. . . .

The following statements by Jesus show that Israel was rejected as Jehovah’s dedicated nation.
A few days before his death, Jesus told the Jewish religious leaders:

“Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.” (Matthew 21:42, 43)

Showing that Jehovah had rejected them as a nation dedicated to Him, Jesus stated:

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings!

But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.”—Matthew 23:37, 38.

This prophecy in Jeremiah came to be fulfilled at that time:

“‘But if you will not obey these words, by myself I do swear,’ declares Jehovah,

‘that this house will become a devastated place.’" --- Jeremiah 22:5, NWT (Study Edition)
[url="https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2017/24/22#h=752:0-753:0"]

It's true the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7 was Israels last chance for redemption for over 1,900 years. The idea Jesus is done with the Jews is absurd, HE will NEVER be done with them. After His second coming Jesus will be ruling with the 12 disciples also on thrones from Jerusalem, with each one ruling over a tribe. Israel will be restored, you can bank on it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-04-2018 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: You left out the closing quote tag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 04:55 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Pad View Post
Then shut your mouth and tape it shut for good. Bye, good riddens.
Lol, I guess she told me HA!

Old 01-04-2018, 08:50 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
[url="https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2017/24/22#h=752:0-753:0"]

It's true the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7 was Israels last chance for redemption for over 1,900 years. The idea Jesus is done with the Jews is absurd, HE will NEVER be done with them. After His second coming Jesus will be ruling with the 12 disciples also on thrones from Jerusalem, with each one ruling over a tribe. Israel will be restored, you can bank on it.
He is done with them as a Nation, but not as individuals. He rules from heaven as New Jerusalem is not the old city there now and is about 1400 miles square so it would cover most of the Middle East, Egypt, Greece and Turkey. This is why everyone must accept and obey Jesus by choice. The special treatment of Jews as a people ended with Cornelius. God shows no favoritism now.

KJV Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

NIV Hebrews 8:9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.

ESV Acts 10:35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

A Jew is no different than a Greek, Chinese, Samoan, etc., in God's eyes now.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:58 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
He is done with them as a Nation, but not as individuals. He rules from heaven as New Jerusalem is not the old city there now and is about 1400 miles square so it would cover most of the Middle East, Egypt, Greece and Turkey. This is why everyone must accept and obey Jesus by choice. The special treatment of Jews as a people ended with Cornelius. God shows no favoritism now.

KJV Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

NIV Hebrews 8:9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.

ESV Acts 10:35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

A Jew is no different than a Greek, Chinese, Samoan, etc., in God's eyes now.
God is not done with Israel as a nation. National Israel has only been temporarily set aside until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in (Romans 11:25). In this dispensation in which we live God is calling out a new people called 'Church' which is composed of both Jewish and Gentile believers in Christ. The church is seen as neither Jew or Gentile, but as 'Church', a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). But once this dispensation draws to a close God will bring all Jews back to Israel which will be the capitol during the Millennial reign of Christ. Even now, since 1948 Israel as a nation exists in a state of unbelief in preparation for the Tribulation which is designed to bring the Jews to a recognition that Jesus is the Messiah that they rejected. In the Millennial kingdom the nation of Israel will see the fulfillment of the promises which God made with Abraham.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
No. . . .
God's only begotten son, Jesus Christ, clearly stated to the Jewish religious leaders of that time that his Father had abandoned them as his people for special possession . . . due to their repeated willful sinning against his will for them, concluding with the murder of the Messiah he sent for them. . . .

The following statements by Jesus show that Israel was rejected as Jehovah’s dedicated nation.
A few days before his death, Jesus told the Jewish religious leaders:

“Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.†(Matthew 21:42, 43)

Showing that Jehovah had rejected them as a nation dedicated to Him, Jesus stated:

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings!

But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.â€â€”Matthew 23:37, 38.

This prophecy in Jeremiah came to be fulfilled at that time:

“‘But if you will not obey these words, by myself I do swear,’ declares Jehovah,

‘that this house will become a devastated place.’" --- Jeremiah 22:5, NWT (Study Edition)

These are only claims by the writer...

Old 01-04-2018, 05:31 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Then shut your mouth and tape it shut for good. Bye, good riddens.
You are going to be banned from here...

Old 01-06-2018, 03:31 PM

32 posts, read 15,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God is not done with Israel as a nation. National Israel has only been temporarily set aside until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in (Romans 11:25). In this dispensation in which we live God is calling out a new people called 'Church' which is composed of both Jewish and Gentile believers in Christ. The church is seen as neither Jew or Gentile, but as 'Church', a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). But once this dispensation draws to a close God will bring all Jews back to Israel which will be the capitol during the Millennial reign of Christ. Even now, since 1948 Israel as a nation exists in a state of unbelief in preparation for the Tribulation which is designed to bring the Jews to a recognition that Jesus is the Messiah that they rejected. In the Millennial kingdom the nation of Israel will see the fulfillment of the promises which God made with Abraham.
This is a great post, and thank you for it. The Church is to be a new creation, not made up of some of the same poor examples seen in posts where homosexuality is not even considered an abomination, and those who live for Christ constantly mocked by the same ones who practice it. They will be part of what gets both cleaned up and exiled. They can mock on all they want, let 'em.

The heathen death worshippers, where they have made money their prime focus in life, as they lie on that they have anything to do with altruistic works that would ever really help anyone without some type of strings attached to it. One is to give from their heart always that has been filled by the love of God. The enemies of God are simply wicked, as they are heavy-weights against true Christianity.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
This is a great post, and thank you for it. The Church is to be a new creation, not made up of some of the same poor examples seen in posts where homosexuality is not even considered an abomination, and those who live for Christ constantly mocked by the same ones who practice it. They will be part of what gets both cleaned up and exiled. They can mock on all they want, let 'em.

The heathen death worshippers, where they have made money their prime focus in life, as they lie on that they have anything to do with altruistic works that would ever really help anyone without some type of strings attached to it. One is to give from their heart always that has been filled by the love of God. The enemies of God are simply wicked, as they are heavy-weights against true Christianity.
The enemies of God? You mean Atheists or people in another religion who call the Torah a strange thing and who keep a pagan worship system? Heathen death worshippers?

What?

Old 01-06-2018, 03:59 PM

32 posts, read 15,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The enemies of God? You mean Atheists or people in another religion who call the Torah a strange thing and who keep a pagan worship system? Heathen death worshippers?

What?
I was writing to Mike555, not you. You don't practice anything but yourself.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I was writing to Mike555, not you. You don't practice anything but yourself.
Meh, I follow Jesus and his ways and that makes me pretty rare being that I can quote Jesus over and over and it will contradict what most Christians believe. I mean, my personal opinion don't mean much, but you would think that Jesus would actually be believed by people who claim they believe in Christ but it isn't actually that way.

I am just checking in from time to time seeing if I could be of any use, just holler out if you need anything at all, I will hear you, just holler out, and I will be here to teach you of Jesus, and we can talk about Jesus lol.

We could talk about the fruit of the spirit.

What is it again? Love, long suffering, kindness, enduring patience and so on like that? Void of hate and strife, yeah, stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity