Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 04:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
You remind me off Psalm 115:6 that says in part "They have ears but cannot hear. Eyes yet cannot see."
That's you. Keep your head firmly planted in the darkness & you'll never learn a thing.
It's called ignorance Jimmie. Is that really how you want to live your life? Shrieking 'You've got nothing!' from a position of absolute ignorance? Like a chimp flinging his poo from the treetops?
It's all jimmie's got. He's been hiding behind his Fundashield and demonstrating his apologetic inadequacies for years.

But he aced Sunday school when he was 9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 04:57 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
You remind me off Psalm 115:6 that says in part "They have ears but cannot hear. Eyes yet cannot see."
That's you. Keep your head firmly planted in the darkness & you'll never learn a thing.
It's called ignorance Jimmie. Is that really how you want to live your life? Shrieking 'You've got nothing!' from a position of absolute ignorance? Like a chimp flinging his poo from the treetops?
Then respond to my post and tell me what Paul was lying about.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:41 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Then respond to my post and tell me what Paul was lying about.
everything. He made it all up.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
everything. He made it all up.
Like Legion, you got nothin’.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Like Legion, you got nothin’.
Got more proof Paul lied than Paul had that he was inspired...

Old 12-19-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Let’s hear it.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:19 AM

23,179 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Somebody is FOR SURE lying. They paid liars to tell a lie against Stephen saying he was teaching against Moses, and Paul was brought up with the same lies and rumors that he was also teaching against Moses. If the Christian finds a lawless Paul and then teaches against Moses using Paul, then somebody is lying. Was Paul a two faced liar who came up and surrendered to the authorities of Judaism PRETENDING TO KEEP THE LAWS? Was Paul sacrificing and using other men to deceive all the priests and authorities to save his two faced cowardly self?

Somebody is for sure lying.

Paul’s Arrival at Jerusalem
20When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”
26The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.
Paul Arrested
27When the seven days were nearly over, some Jews from the province of Asia saw Paul at the temple. They stirred up the whole crowd and seized him, 28shouting, “Fellow Israelites, help us! This is the man who teaches everyone everywhere against our people and our law and this place.

''They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs.''

I sit and watch Christians showing a lawless Paul all day long, so who is lying? If Paul was really teaching against Moses, HE DESERVED TO DIE AS THE FALSE PROPHET HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROVED TO BE.

Something is certainly amiss lol.

I wished people would make their minds up about Paul, if Paul EVER taught against Moses, he deserved death, and Paul sure went out of his way to try and prove that he never taught against Moses.

Did he, or didn't he?

If he did, he deserved to die as the wicked person he would be. If he didn't, then a lot of people are sure representing Paul in a very bad light.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:50 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
“In addition, the Father who sent me has himself testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice or seen his shape; 38 moreover, his word does not stay in you, because you don’t trust the one he sent. 39 You keep examining the TaNaKh because you think that in it you have eternal life.
Those very Scriptures bear witness to me, but you won’t come to me in order to have life!

Heaven?

Ive never heard of a sunday resurrection.
What i have found is that all the scripture is God Breathed.
And that the people who were taught the TaNaKh(torah, nevi'im, ketuvim) became even more zealous.
As for me, it has been a sense of wonder and awe at looking into the deep things knowing who they Testify of. Now if a person were to look into the hebrew names for the days of the week alongside what has been given in the scriptures.
Shabbat
Yom}
Yom}
Yom}

Ill leave the days blank for a moment and encourage the readers to seek with their own hearts.
The third day is quite beautiful, and the day after is more so for those that have heard of the Bridegrooms promise.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Let’s hear it.
Here are just a few of the lies Paul told

John.5

[24] Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

This list is surely not complete, for it is very easy to overlook Paul's contradictory and/or incompatible statements.

1. On the time of the coming of the Lord:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[12] the night is far gone, the day is at hand.

Jesus says:

Luke.21
[8] Take heed that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name,
saying, . . . `The time is at hand!' Do not go after them.

2. On the source of the Truth and the true gospel:

Paul says:

1Cor.2
[13] And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit.
Gal.1
[12] For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus says:

John.17
[14] I have given them thy word;
[17] Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth.

3. On the God of the dead:

Paul says:

Rom.14
[9] For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:

Luke.20
[38] Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

4. On the sum of the commandments:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[9] The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus says:

Matt.22
[37] And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
[38] This is the great and first commandment.
[39] And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[40] On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.

5. On whom God has mercy:

Paul says:

Rom.9
[15] For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
[16] So it depends not upon man's will or exertion, but upon God's mercy.
[18] So then he has mercy upon whomever he wills, and he hardens the heart of whomever he wills.

Jesus says:

Matt.5
[7] Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

6. On forgiveness of trespasses:

Paul says:

Eph.1
[7] In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace
Rom.4
[25] who was put to death for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

Jesus says:

Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you;
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

7. On being justified:

Paul says:

Rom.3
[24] they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus,
[28] For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law.
Rom.5
[9] Since, therefore, we are now justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Jesus says:

Matt.12
[37] for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

8. On the cost of eternal life:

Paul says:

Rom.6
[23] For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus says:

Matt.19
[29] And every one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
Luke.14
[28] For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
[33] So therefore, whoever of you does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.

9. On what is honorable among men:

Paul says:

2Cor.8
[21] for we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord's sight but also in the sight of men.
Rom.12
[17] Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all men.
Rom.14
[18] he who thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
1Cor.10
[33] just as I try to please all men in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

Jesus says:

Luke.16
[15] But he said to them, You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts; for what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
Luke.6
[26] Woe to you, when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

11. On the basis of judgment:

Paul says:

Rom.2
[12] All who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Jesus says:

John.12
[48] He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.

12. On the commandments and eternal life:

Paul says:

Rom.7
[9] I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died;
[10] the very commandment which promised life proved to be death to me.

Jesus says:

Matt.19
[17] And he said to him, Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.

13. On your father:

Paul says:

1Cor.4
[15] For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
Phlm.1
[10] I appeal to you for my child, Ones'imus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment.

Jesus says:

Matt.23

[9] And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Here are just a few of the lies Paul told

I'll tackle the first 3, for time's sake.

Quote:

John.5

[24] Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

What is that for? ^^^

Quote:
This list is surely not complete, for it is very easy to overlook Paul's contradictory and/or incompatible statements.

1. On the time of the coming of the Lord:

Paul says:

Rom.13
[12] the night is far gone, the day is at hand.

Jesus says:

Luke.21
[8] Take heed that you are not led astray; for many will come in my name,
saying, . . . `The time is at hand!' Do not go after them.

This is laughable. Paul was not claiming to be Jesus or His replacement.

Quote:

2. On the source of the Truth and the true gospel:

Paul says:

1Cor.2
[13] And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit.
Gal.1
[12] For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus says:

John.17
[14] I have given them thy word;
[17] Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth.

Those passages say the same things. The apostles (including Paul) were given the gospel, by Christ, a fact verified by Peter.

Quote:

3. On the God of the dead:

Paul says:

Rom.14
[9] For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Jesus says:

Luke.20
[38] Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living;

These passages say the same thing, but refer to them differently. Both say believers are alive, whether in this world or the next, even if there physical body is buried.

<snip>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity