Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 12:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you DO believe that God wants us to disobey his commands and sin? Yes or no?
Did God want Pharoah to sin ?. Yes or No?

Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.

But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses

Fancy that God caused Pharoah to sin by disobeying the word Spoken by Moses and Aaron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 12:42 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did God want Pharoah to sin ?. Yes or No?

No. Of course not. Now will YOU answer the question?

Quote:

Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.

But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses
Quote:

Fancy that God caused Pharoah to sin by disobeying the word Spoken by Moses and Aaron.
So is that a "yes"? Do you believe that he wanted Pharaoh to sin? Because hardening Pharaoh's heart is not the same as him willing Pharaoh to sin.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
No. Of course not. Now will YOU answer the question?

So is that a "yes"? Do you believe that he wanted Pharaoh to sin? Because hardening Pharaoh's heart is not the same as him willing Pharaoh to sin.
So you are denying that God caused Pharoah to do what he did(this not a question it is a fact). And what was it that he did ?.... He disobeyed the word of the Lord.....Let my people go. So stop playing around and agree the with the scripture.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Because hardening Pharaoh's heart is not the same as him willing Pharaoh to sin.
He hardened his heart simple as that.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
So you are denying that God caused Pharoah to do what he did(this not a question it is a fact). And what was it that he did ?.... He disobeyed the word of the Lord.....Let my people go. So stop playing around and agree the with the scripture.
I'm saying God hardened Pharaoh's heart. He permitted Pharaoh to sin. He did not decree Pharaoh to sin. There is a difference.

YOU, on the other hand, appear to be saying that God is less than holy because he decrees we sin? Is that it? Or do you simply believe he's powerless to stop it?

Old 12-15-2017, 12:57 PM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
What chapter and verse says God does not accomplish his will ?. That is a question i would like answered from anyone.

I know there is a poster on here who says it's God's will that he doesn't want any to sin, but this is not necessarily true according to the scriptures, because my bible says that he placed all of us in unbelief or into disobedience that he might have mercy on all.

Though pope now wants to change god's prayer as god can not possibly lead his children into temptation. So I am not sure who's right here.
I lean towards pope. I do not believe god anyhow tempts anyone.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I'm saying God hardened Pharaoh's heart. He permitted Pharaoh to sin. He did not decree Pharaoh to sin. There is a difference.

YOU, on the other hand, appear to be saying that God is less than holy because he decrees we sin? Is that it? Or do you simply believe he's powerless to stop it?
Not it says clearly he hardened his heart, Pharoah had nothing to do with it. He did not permit him to he caused him to. In other words Pharoah had no choice in the matter. God performed his will in Pharoah. You are denying what the scriptures are clearly saying. You hate the though that God had a plan and the plan was to accomplish ALL of his will.

Now we know too that God is no respector of person, so just as much as the gentile had the law written in their so did the jew, and just as he bound all jews up into unbelief like wise did he with the gentile.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Not it says clearly he hardened his heart, Pharoah had nothing to do with it. He did not permit him to he caused him to. In other words Pharoah had no choice in the matter. God performed his will in Pharoah. You are denying what the scriptures are clearly saying. You hate the though that God had a plan and the plan was to accomplish ALL of his will.

Now we know too that God is no respector of person, so just as much as the gentile had the law written in their so did the jew, and just as he bound all jews up into unbelief like wise did he with the gentile.
Yes, God hardened his heart. But no--nowhere does it say that God specifically caused him to sin. There is a difference.

Now will you answer the question, please?

Do you believe God is powerless? Or just unholy? Which is it?

Romans 11 says God turned the Jews over to their sinful desires, just like he said back in Romans 1 that he turned the Gentiles over to their sinful desires. They rejected him, he said "fine, have at it".

Old 12-15-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Though pope now wants to change god's prayer as god can not possibly lead his children into temptation. So I am not sure who's right here.
I lean towards pope. I do not believe god anyhow tempts anyone.
ukroz, i have my own thoughts on this. What i am doing here though is using the scriptures to expose someones false beliefs by what the scriptures actually, regardless of whether i believe the surface story of them. It is a complete exaggeration of the scripture to say that God permited Pharoah to harden his own heart like Baptist is saying(just like his belief of God hating sinners), it clearly say God hardened his heart.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
ukroz, i have my own thoughts on this. What i am doing here though is using the scriptures to expose someones false beliefs by what the scriptures actually, regardless of whether i believe the surface story of them. It is a complete exaggeration of the scripture to say that God permited Pharoah to harden his own heart like Baptist is saying(just like his belief of God hating sinners), it clearly say God hardened his heart.
You mean you're half-quoting it and twisting Scripture.

By the way, nowhere have I suggested that Pharaoh hardened his own heart. God did that. But hardening a heart does not mean he specifically caused the actions of that hardened heart, meaning sin.

But back to the point--you suggested that God is somehow unable to stop sin, or you suggested that God wants us to sin. Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity