Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 03:34 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
Jesus was executed by the Romans sometime between 30 and 33 AD.

Paul was executed by the Romans about 64 AD.

Paul joined the Christian movement three years after Christ's death.

He never knew Christ in the flesh. Paul claimed that he received his teachings from "revelations" and not from any human source. (See Galatians).

Do the teachings of Jesus and Paul agree?
Paul spelled his beliefs out in his various letters to his friends. Jesus on the other hand wrote nothing, so any attempt to reconcile Paul's beliefs with Jesus' beliefs is actually a comparison of what Paul wrote with what someone other than Jesus SAID that Jesus believed. So no direct comparison of beliefs is possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 08:00 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
yes. I mean...considering Jesus taught Paul.
And we know that "Jesus taught Paul" how? Because Paul said so.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:32 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Alright, cherry picker...
If I believed that the book was all cherries as you seem to, you would have a reason to condemn cherry picking. Since it contains so many clinkers, picking the cherries is only good sense.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:35 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Why?" Because "to the Jews I became as a Jew."
Paul knew that it was not ABOUT the forms of religion, but about the way of life taught by Jesus that was the message, so he conformed to THEIR forms in order to have the REAL message told. Some day you will understand that.
You mean Paul became a two faced liar who would have said anything, who would have done anything to save his own life?

In front of thousands of witnesses Paul sacrificed to save his life when people were saying that Paul was teaching Jews not to keep the customs of Moses.

All you do is prove Paul to be a two faced liar who doesn't deserve to live, let alone be read. Paul wrote some letters, and letters from a man do not stand next to the law and the prophets, and who needs a liar who pretends to be one thing to one person and does another thing in lying to save his own skin? He sat there and lied to thousands of Jewish believers acting as if he never taught against the law, freaking liar.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:52 PM

Well, Hannibal, when you believe that the religion itself is important, to the point of presenting the most specious argument in support of brutality I have ever seen, you will NOT see the truth that Paul was teaching. Result: you will see Paul's actions as duplicity instead of merely carrying out the expected forms for the sake of the audience who ALSO think that it is about religion and not the relationship with God and man.

The only surprise is that you can manage to rely on Orwellian "doublethink:" "War is peace" and the like.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:14 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Well, Hannibal, when you believe that the religion itself is important, to the point of presenting the most specious argument in support of brutality I have ever seen, you will NOT see the truth that Paul was teaching. Result: you will see Paul's actions as duplicity instead of merely carrying out the expected forms for the sake of the audience who ALSO think that it is about religion and not the relationship with God and man.
The only surprise is that you can manage to rely on Orwellian "doublethink:" "War is peace" and the like.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:

The historical facts PROVE beyond any doubt that Paul never left Judaism and he never spoke against Moses, and this is shown so many times on so many levels that it boggles the mind why you don't admit it.

If Paul would have came in another religion, we wouldn't see Paul submitting to the authorities in Judaism, and time after time and time again, Jesus and all his disciples remained in Judaism dude, they would not have been judged at all if they had formed a new religion, they just had to get it authorized by Rome.

But all you are reading is about Jews and Gentile converts to Judaism and this is a historical fact of life that you like to appear blind to lol. You may as well claim that the holocaust never happened. All those people were members of the circumcision church of Jerusalem and everything written PROVES that they NEVER left Judaism man.

I don't know how you can live with such contradictions, but you obviously do. The council was formed and thousands of Jewish believers came, and do you know why? There had been decade after decade where the question of the law and Gentiles remained unanswered in whether they should keep everything of the law that Jews kept.

Use some common sense, OBVIOUSLY, the Jewish believer in Christ NEVER left Judaism or they wouldn't have ever thought of calling a council to see how much of the laws Gentiles should keep compared to the Jews who became even MORE ZEALOUS to keep all the laws.

You sit here and make a debate about something that isn't a debate, those Gentiles were converts of Judaism standing there with thousands of Jewish believers while Paul is trying to prove the liars and rumors to be just rumors.

You can't have it both ways Nate, You show Paul to be a wicked evil false prophet who had come up to a council with all his thousands of Jewish believers in Christ, and then you want to show a Lying Paul?

I mean, make up your mind, WHY WOULD YOU READ OR CONSIDER THE WORDS OF A TWO FACED COWARD, A LIAR, A FALSE PROPHET?

THEN YOU WANT TO QUOTE THE WORDS OF A TWO FACED COWARDLY PAUL AS SOME KIND OF PROVE FOR A DEBATE?

You don't have Paul's words to enter a discussion with after you have proved just how evil and wicked he was in lying to all the gentiles and all the Jewish believers because he wasn't brave enough to die the death he put so many Christians to?

Which is it?

I am not seeing where you don't understand what you are reading, again, was Paul flat out lying to all the members of his own faith because he wasn't brave enough? And IF he was lying, and IF he was teaching lawlessness, then you once again prove that Paul is a two faced lying coward, OR, you are sitting there making things up. You have misunderstood every letter of Paul because you begin biased against the law, and against the chosen.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:55 PM

"If Paul came in another religion...." Hannibal, you are NOT paying attention: it is NOT about any "religion" or forms of worship and doctrines, it is about how to live with God and man in a love relationship.

But you won't understand this and you WILL keep on blustering about what is left of the religion of the Torah.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:16 PM

What Christians are trying to do is to insert their religion into the religion of the New Testament but the historical facts of life are right there for anyone to see if they would open their eyes and to stop being biased against God.

The Catholic Christians whether Protestant or Catholic, they didn't exist in the days of Jesus and Paul. Christians are taking an Anti-Semitic, pagan Babylonian, lawless religion that didn't exist till 100 years after Jesus died, and they are trying to insert their religion into the New Testament when Christianity was a sect of Judaism, and the pagan Christianity didn't exist till 100 years after Jesus. Jesus came making the Gentile one with the Jew by converting the Gentile to Judaism to stand alongside Jews. But after the Jewish war, NO GENTILE would even consider following Jesus because following Jesus is to convert to Judaism and any Gentile who looked like a wannabe Jew was killed. Today's pagan Christianity DID NOT EXIST in the new Testament days.

After the Pagan Christians of Babylon killed off all Gentile who had converted to Judaism who had been targeted for keeping the Passover and Tabernacles of Christ, THEN they claimed to be the New Jew out of sheer hatred for Jews. The Jews were despised and hated so bad that the church decided that it couldn't follow in the ways of God anymore because of their hate and racism against the chosen people.

After all of the Christian pagans made sure that no Gentile would follow Jesus into a covenant with Jews, they now claim that they have replaced Israel when replacing Israel WAS NEVER the objective.

I don't blame Gentile who lived 100 years after Jesus died, I would like to think that I was brave enough to stand for Christ even unto death, but I may have also denied Christ to save my life, I don't think I would deny Christ but nobody knows until they are put to the test.

Christians today wont even admit that they deny Christ JUST AS PETER HAD.

Gentiles even today deny Christ because they wont follow any of the ways of Messiah, they wont even keep the Passover or admit to any holy day or tradition of God that made them look Jewish.

Gentiles were so terrified to be associated with the true Jewish Messiah that they in fact deny Jesus by denying all his ways. I can understand the Christians fearing for their lives and turning Pagan, but there is no threat today, COME HOME.

Stop denying the Jewish Jesus and come back to learning the 7 feasts of Jesus so you will know Christ yourself. Jesus looked at those Gentiles saying,'' Depart from me, I never knew you, you breakers of the law, doers of iniquity{transgression of the law}

Gentiles can now come converting back because nobody will kill them right away, maybe people will hate you for following the Jewish Jesus, but hey, the chosen are supposed to be hated.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:27 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
"If Paul came in another religion...." Hannibal, you are NOT paying attention: it is NOT about any "religion" or forms of worship and doctrines, it is about how to live with God and man in a love relationship.
But you won't understand this and you WILL keep on blustering about what is left of the religion of the Torah.
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity