Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 PM

6,843 posts, read 2,865,926 times

Advertisements

You believe homosexuality is a sin, whether it be in 'practice', orientation, or both. Maybe you have studied the issue, or just assimilated the beliefs heard from others. If you have become familiar with any or all of the six passages in the Bible that seem to specifically address the issue, you interpret them as condemnations against homosexuality and proof that God declares it all as sin.

Perhaps you have adopted a posture that concludes the most faithful response to this issue is to “hate the sin and love the sinner.” It feels spiritual and gracious to you. Maybe you are even willing to go so far as to conclude for yourself and underscore to others an understanding that the sin of homosexuality is no greater than yours or any others.

On the other hand, maybe you hate homosexuals and have no restraint in saying so with all the lingual colors afforded you. Confident in your biblical grooming, you may even assert that homosexuality is a special kind of sin, more sinful than any other. To you, all homosexuals are self-declared exclusively by choice. You may or may not, out of the kindness of your Christian heart, allow them in your presence or fellowship, but they are at best, a deplorable kind of abomination in your sight, and less than qualify for any kind of harbor, inclusion, or acceptance in your church, family, or community. With your Bible in hand, and perhaps a picket sign or two, you declare in either speech or action, “God hates ***” and therefore, deep down, at some level or another, so do you.

Wherever you are on the spectrum of response, at the end of the day, in your judgment, homosexuality is a sin, it’s never acceptable to God nor is it ever His will or within His design. Therefore, “repentance” is ultimately the only answer, whether empowered by Grace or Law or some mixture thereof… change, confess, move away from sin, apply the power of Jesus to overcome, turn or burn… however you want to put it …that’s the answer, that’s the cure. Until then, there is still a “problem,” an “issue,” an “abnormality,” a “sin.”

What if… you’re wrong?

If I am wrong, the Holy Spirit will simply pursue me with correction, go around and ahead of me to thwart the misleading, and work in the lives of homosexuals to lead them to “repentance.”

However, if you’re wrong…

You have condemned, marginalized, persecuted, and falsely judged an entire group of God-imaged people.

You have labeled as sin, that which is not.

Some of you have disowned your own children. Labeling them, casting them out. While God declares “I will never leave you nor forsake you” you have abandoned, or at best, distanced yourself from that which God purposed you to forever enwrap.

You have put barbed-wire fences where God meant for tables.

You have been a contributor to the depression, the isolation, the terror, the suicide, and the living hell of countless people.

And worst of all, you have joined the choir of the False Accuser, singing songs of pure evil, believing them to be hymns of the Savior that reflect His heart and mind.
You have partnered with Satan in the stealing, killing, and destroying of an entire population of God’s beloved.

…all, in the name of Jesus and biblical faithfulness.
Honestly, I am OK if somehow it turns out I’m wrong.
My question for you is, how can you ever be OK with the possibility… you are?

I’m reminded of Proverbs 24:11-12.
Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;
save them as they stagger to their death.
Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,722,088 times
What I want to know is why fundamentalists are OBSESSED with homosexuality. They are not obsessed with anything else to that degree except abortion, which is, in my opinion borne of the desire to control women.

Tunnel vision is so deceptive.

Too bad they are not obsessed with wiping out poverty and human trafficking.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:15 PM

88,930 posts, read 85,461,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You believe homosexuality is a sin, whether it be in 'practice', orientation, or both. Maybe you have studied the issue, or just assimilated the beliefs heard from others. If you have become familiar with any or all of the six passages in the Bible that seem to specifically address the issue, you interpret them as condemnations against homosexuality and proof that God declares it all as sin.

Perhaps you have adopted a posture that concludes the most faithful response to this issue is to “hate the sin and love the sinner.” It feels spiritual and gracious to you. Maybe you are even willing to go so far as to conclude for yourself and underscore to others an understanding that the sin of homosexuality is no greater than yours or any others.

On the other hand, maybe you hate homosexuals and have no restraint in saying so with all the lingual colors afforded you. Confident in your biblical grooming, you may even assert that homosexuality is a special kind of sin, more sinful than any other. To you, all homosexuals are self-declared exclusively by choice. You may or may not, out of the kindness of your Christian heart, allow them in your presence or fellowship, but they are at best, a deplorable kind of abomination in your sight, and less than qualify for any kind of harbor, inclusion, or acceptance in your church, family, or community. With your Bible in hand, and perhaps a picket sign or two, you declare in either speech or action, “God hates ***” and therefore, deep down, at some level or another, so do you.

Wherever you are on the spectrum of response, at the end of the day, in your judgment, homosexuality is a sin, it’s never acceptable to God nor is it ever His will or within His design. Therefore, “repentance” is ultimately the only answer, whether empowered by Grace or Law or some mixture thereof… change, confess, move away from sin, apply the power of Jesus to overcome, turn or burn… however you want to put it …that’s the answer, that’s the cure. Until then, there is still a “problem,” an “issue,” an “abnormality,” a “sin.”

What if… you’re wrong?

If I am wrong, the Holy Spirit will simply pursue me with correction, go around and ahead of me to thwart the misleading, and work in the lives of homosexuals to lead them to “repentance.”

However, if you’re wrong…

You have condemned, marginalized, persecuted, and falsely judged an entire group of God-imaged people.

You have labeled as sin, that which is not.

Some of you have disowned your own children. Labeling them, casting them out. While God declares “I will never leave you nor forsake you” you have abandoned, or at best, distanced yourself from that which God purposed you to forever enwrap.

You have put barbed-wire fences where God meant for tables.

You have been a contributor to the depression, the isolation, the terror, the suicide, and the living hell of countless people.

And worst of all, you have joined the choir of the False Accuser, singing songs of pure evil, believing them to be hymns of the Savior that reflect His heart and mind.
You have partnered with Satan in the stealing, killing, and destroying of an entire population of God’s beloved.

…all, in the name of Jesus and biblical faithfulness.
Honestly, I am OK if somehow it turns out I’m wrong.
My question for you is, how can you ever be OK with the possibility… you are?

I’m reminded of Proverbs 24:11-12.
Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;
save them as they stagger to their death.
Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Beautifully composed, GG. Just repped you for something else, so I couldn't for this one.

Somebody else will, I trust.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:24 PM

24,900 posts, read 9,651,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
What I want to know is why fundamentalists are OBSESSED with homosexuality. They are not obsessed with anything else to that degree except abortion, which is, in my opinion borne of the desire to control women.
They're obsessed with it because the bible says so. And we all know the bible is always right.

Despite the fact abortion and homosexuality have absolutely nothing to do with people who are not involved in it, that won't stop religious folks from being obsessed with it.

Luckily, the courts have ruled and said abortion and gay marriage is legal.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post

Tunnel vision is so deceptive.

Too bad they are not obsessed with wiping out poverty and human trafficking.
Good question, and I love the idea of wiping out poverty and human trafficking.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Beautifully composed, GG. Just repped you for something else, so I couldn't for this one.

Somebody else will, I trust.
Thank you, MQ. <3

Old 03-21-2018, 11:07 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,751,336 times
Militant sexualities are obsessed with militant sex period. And they make their obsessions our issues by starting 1/2 the threads around here.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Militant sexualities are obsessed with militant sex period. And they make their obsessions our issues by starting 1/2 the threads around here.
Self righteous modern day Pharisees endlessly bloviating about the sins of others, while ignoring or justifying their own start the other half.

So...what if you're wrong?

Old 03-21-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
but we know you are because the scripture is clear.
Lord wants to set us all free from our sin and our chains to all obsessions and militant behaviors.
But all kind of militant anything rarely gives up it's militant behaviors..

And this is the maybe second thread i ever responded to about this subject..
Militant sexual behaviors have killed many people i love.. It is deviant at best. And the lord wants every one free of deviant behaviors that destroy the human soul.
Now you can go back to being militant/.
What "behaviors" am I involved in? Be specific...and be very careful. Any false accusations, and I'll be all up in your grill til the mods call time out.

I'm not being Miss Nice Girl anymore. You and others here have pushed me way too far.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:48 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,751,336 times
Ok so whatever it is you all are militantly promoting ALONG WITH FALSE CHRISTIANITY in this Christian section today or yesterday or any given day, that clearly is against creation and the scriptures and nature, well unless you are a monkey. YOU ARE NOT ASKING FOR US TO FORGIVE A SINNER.. BUT TO EXCEPT SINS..
I believe militant " scientism"(which militant anti-christ and militatly anti-biblical in nature). Uses the bonobo's monkies to justify their sexual positions and issues in order to defile their humanity.

The Father wishes all to be free of their obsessions,
WHICH STARTED WHEN MANKIND SOUL AND THE TRUTH FOR OUR TRUE NATURES DIED THAT DAY..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity