Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2020, 03:42 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times

Advertisements

“God’s conception and purpose, in giving us a being at all, is HIS LIKENESS — an expression of Himself. This must be an adjusting factor in our mentality, in our conversation, in our teaching. We must not be taken up with efforts to get the church according to a certain technique and order and conception. Our message must not be the message of the Body of Christ as a truth, as a doctrine, as a procedure. All these things come within this encircling conception. What is the Body of Christ for, if it is not to express what Christ is like? What is the church for, if it is not to manifest the presence of Christ? This must adjust our thoughts, our ideas, our teaching and our talk. The thing about which we have to be concerned is — not this and that aspect of truth — but: How much is the Lord seen, recognised, understood, as to what He is like?” - T. Austin-Sparks

Old 11-29-2020, 03:46 AM

"We have been given God in our souls and Christ in our flesh. We have the power to believe where others deny, to hope where others despair, to love where others hurt." -Brennan Manning

"God loves you unconditionally, as you are and not as you should be, because nobody is as they should be."

Old 11-29-2020, 06:28 AM

"The roaring thunder of the law and the fear of the terror of judgment are both used to bring us to Christ, but the final victory culminating in our salvation is won through God's loving-kindness." ~Charles Spurgeon

Old 11-29-2020, 05:17 PM

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness." ~ C.S. Lewis

"No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God." ~ George Macdonald

Old 11-29-2020, 06:41 PM

“You go through that Gospel of John. He is centering everything in Himself. 'I am the Way; I am the Truth; I am the Life; I am the Shepherd; I am the Vine; I am the Resurrection.' It is a Person. It is that which lies behind everything. Christianity is Christ. Christ is Christianity. That is where it all begins and it never departs from HIM. The development of the Christian life is only the development of Jesus Christ in the life. From:” ~ T. Austin-Sparks

Old 11-30-2020, 12:35 AM

In the New Testament the lifting of the curse is described as a fitting climax to the Bible’s wonderful message of joy and hope.

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him." ~Rev. 22:1-3

Old 11-30-2020, 12:44 AM

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes and eliminate death entirely. No one will mourn or weep any longer. The pain of wounds will no longer exist, for the old order has ceased.” -tpt

Old 11-30-2020, 09:19 AM

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell

Old 11-30-2020, 01:37 PM

"The Lord Yahweh spoke to him out of the flames: ‘I am the living God, the God of your ancestors. I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.’ Trembling in God’s presence and overwhelmed with awe, Moses didn’t even dare to look into the fire. Out of the flames the Lord Yahweh said to him: 'Take the sandals off your feet, for you are standing in the realm of holiness." -TPT-

Old 11-30-2020, 01:39 PM

"God does not govern the world only by his will as an absolute monarch, but by his wisdom and goodness as a tender father. It is not his greatest pleasure to show his sovereign power, or his inconceivable wisdom, but his immense goodness, to which he makes the other attributes subservient." - Stephen Charnock

"What an immense workman is God! In miniature as well as in the great. With the one hand, perhaps, He is making a ring of one hundred thousand miles in diameter, to revolve round a planet like Saturn, and with the other is forming a tooth in the ray of the feather of a humming-bird, or a point in the claw of the foot of a microscopic insect. When He works in miniature, everything is gilded, polished, and perfect, but whatever is made by human art, as a needle, etc., when viewed by a microscope, appears rough, and coarse, and bungling." ~ William Law

"If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God first, it will in the end not matter what you have chosen instead." ~Wm. Law

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 11-30-2020 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity