Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 05:49 PM

2,212 posts, read 543,406 times

Advertisements

Genesis 1:2 - "And the earth was without form........the Spirit of God moved..."

In our secular life experience, we move in a world that is "without form." It is only as God intervenes and speaks that the earth takes on form and becomes PRODUCTIVE. Thus, as we come under the influence of His anointing, or the manifestation of His presence, we take on spiritual "SUBSTANCE" and become PRODUCTIVE.

Hebrews 11:1 - "Now, faith it the SUBSTANCE...."

Old 08-23-2021, 05:51 PM

We accept His invitation to come up higher (Revelation 4:1-2) by focusing on Christ our Redeemer, Deliverer and Healer, not our difficulties. God has new frontiers of the spirit for us to explore and higher mountains of faith for us to climb.

There is so much more to life in Christ than we can ever imagine! In His Presence we find true fulfillment and lasting joy (Psalm 16:11).

Old 08-23-2021, 05:56 PM

AFFIRMATIONS:

The life of grace far surpasses mere mental belief in the truths of God -- it frees my spirit to fly powerfully above all things.

I shut the door on all the distractions of this life, the cares of this world, the busyness of my daily affairs and anything else that would keep me from pressing into God.

Since I am committed to prayer, I refuse to give up in the middle of battle and am determined to receive my reward.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:00 PM

Be confident: you were born for this day. Don't delay: move forward in victory, taking your place as a harvester and as an overcomer, embracing fully the Calling in Christ God has planned for you.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:03 PM

Examine your lifestyle and see if the cares of this life, deceitfulness of riches, or the pleasures of this life, could be choking God's Word (Luke 8:14).

Old 08-23-2021, 06:05 PM

One way to strengthen your ability to receive God thoughts is to sit down with a journal and Bible and the ask the Lord ("inquiring of the Lord") questions, believing for an answer.

"That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple." - Psalm 27:4

Old 08-23-2021, 06:07 PM

You have to move gradually from crying outward - crying out for people who you think can fulfill your needs - to the place where you can let yourself be held and carried by God.

"Casting all your cares upon him; for he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

Old 08-23-2021, 06:10 PM

As long as we see only with our bodily eyes, we will continue to live like a blind captive, fumbling around inside a prison cell in the dark of night - while all the time the door that leads to our freedom stands open.

2 Corinthians 5:7 - "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Galatians 5:1 - "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free..."

Old 08-23-2021, 06:12 PM

Many people profess faith in God, yet they do not know Him. The reason is obvious - such a relationship costs more than most people are willing to pay.

Psalm 25:1 - "To thee, O Lord, I lift up my soul"

Psalm 91:1 - "He who dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

Old 08-24-2021, 12:44 PM

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." - Romans 12:2

Break loose of the earth's gravitational pull! Change your mind (Romans 12:2)! Don't get seduced down into the lower, base, everyday thought processes of life. Think on higher things (Phil. 4:8-9). Make going up higher in Christ your top priority! Breathe life back into your prayer life!

Spend time with God! Go with Him to the places that He longs to take you, to show you all things He wants to do with you. He wants to lead you and guide you into His purpose for your life. He wants to show you your destiny!

" As a prisoner in the Lord, then, I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling you have received: - Ephesians 4:1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity