Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2021, 02:56 PM

2,212 posts, read 542,398 times

Advertisements

Matthew 13:22 - "....the worries about this life and the love for riches choke the message, and they don't bear fruit."

All the things that we think are important or even the things other people tell us are important makes us wonder--"Just how important are they?"

Most of them probably are not, but are just anxious thoughts that are sabotaging our spiritual life in Christ.
You cannot retire too much from the mindless chatter of the world. You don't need much time to tell God that you love Him! Lift your heart to Him. Worship Him in the depths of your spirit.

Old 07-06-2021, 03:03 PM

We expect faith upon faith to rise up! We expect advancement from strength-to-strength! We expect to go from glory-to-glory as God opens impossible doors for the advancement of His kingdom and His glory.

We have resurrection power attached to our prayer life! We can look to things that are absolutely dead and pray forth eternal LIFE! The same power in us is the same potency God demonstrated when He raised Jesus out of the grave.

"His power at work in us who believe. This power in us is the same as the mighty strength which He used when He raised Christ from death...." - Ephesians 1:20

Old 07-06-2021, 03:06 PM

Do you want to go deeper into the Lord's heart? Then release His Spirit on others. Seize those opportunities to share His heart with your world. Declare and decree His words of life and blessing around you. Give and it will come back to you FULL MEASURE, pressed down, shaken together and RUNNING OVER!

"That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man.....that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:16,19

Old 07-06-2021, 03:12 PM

"Be glad then, you children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God; for He has given you the former rain faithfully, and He will cause the rain to come down for you...." Joel 2:23

Get ready to go to a NEW level of walking more deeply with Him. Spirit to spirit, deep to deep, and let Him refresh you now with His rain knowing that He who made and formed you will establish you in your DESTINY and CALLING IN CHRIST!

Old 07-06-2021, 03:16 PM

Hebrews 3:7 - "Wherefore, even as the Holy Spirit says, TODAY, if you shall hear His voice, harden not your hearts."

The Holy Spirit says, TODAY!

That means that He who is the mighty power of God is Himself ready to work in us the CALLING He has on our individual life and asks --- Is it He who is each moment pleading for immediate surrender, for a present trust, because He bears with him the power of a present salvation?

Old 07-06-2021, 03:18 PM

Revelation 1:20 - "The mystery of the seven stars which you saw at My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches".

"Seven" biblically is completion, the ending of one thing, which means the start of a new thing.

QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF

Do I want completion in my life of some things?

Do I want certain doors to close and new ones to open?

Am I tired of going around the same old mountain hoping to get to the top, but the obstacles hold me back?

Affirmations

THIS IS THE TIME FOR RECEIVING THE WORKINGS OF CHRIST IN ME, FOR NEW BEGINNINGS.

I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. (Matthew 5:14)

I AM A LAMP, NOT HIDDEN ANYMORE, BECAUSE GOD IS FILLING ME WITH THE EFFECTUAL WORKINGS OF CHRIST--THE EFFECTUAL WORD IN ME AS A BEACON TO ALL WHO ARE IN THE WORLD.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:19 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Heb 9:22, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Heb 9:22, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
ARE YOU under the LAW?

Old 07-06-2021, 06:46 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,835,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
ARE YOU under the LAW?
Nice argument.

No, I am not under the law because I am forgiven of past, present, and future sins through the blood of Jesus Christ.

It is the blood that delivers me from the law (Romans 5:9, 7:6).

Also, the latter part of the statement (that "without the shedding of blood is no remission") is apart from the law.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted G0D? Shall I come before him with – burnt offerings – with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams – with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgressions – the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity