Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2021, 07:22 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted G0D? Shall I come before him with – burnt offerings – with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams – with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgressions – the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good.
Indeed...to obey is better than sacrifice.

However, all have sinned and come short of the glory of the Lord.

So, a sacrifice was needed.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:22 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Indeed...to obey is better than sacrifice.

However, all have sinned and come short of the glory of the Lord.

So, a sacrifice was needed.
No, a human just needed to NOT come short of the glory of the Lord. That human was Jesus who took us off the hook.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, a human just needed to NOT come short of the glory of the Lord. That human was Jesus who took us off the hook.
His righteousness is not imputed to us apart from His blood sacrifice as a propitiation for our sins.

He had to die in our place, taking the penalty for our sins, in order to take us off the hook.

We do not get off the hook just because one member of the human race succeeded at living a perfect life.

What that does, in all actuality, is make the rest of us more responsible for our failings and therefore makes our condemnation more just; because if He could do it, we also could have done it; and because we didn't, when we could have, we are all the more accountable.

If it had been impossible to live a perfect life, then perhaps it would have been even unjust for God to condemn us for being sinners.

But because One actually lived a perfect life, God is now vindicated in His judgment of us as sinners because One actually lived a perfect life.

We have no excuse because Someone did that.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-06-2021 at 10:35 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 10:26 PM

The fact that the One who lived a perfect human life, also died in our place, means that we can be forgiven of our wrongdoings; because He lived a perfect life and then died in our place, taking the penalty for our sins.

To reject what He did for us in this manner is the ultimate insult to God.

He gave you a gift that cost Him everything; and yet there are people who do not want to receive that gift.

Imagine how the Lord must feel about people spurning the gift that cost Him the shedding of His blood.

How would you feel if you gave your life in order to provide a gift for someone that they might live; and they did not want that gift but rejected the gift that you purchased for them with your shed blood?

Would you be inclined to want them as a friend?

Would you want to spend eternity with them?

Would you force them to take the gift?

Old 07-07-2021, 09:34 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
His righteousness is not imputed to us apart from His blood sacrifice as a propitiation for our sins.
He had to die in our place, taking the penalty for our sins, in order to take us off the hook.
We do not get off the hook just because one member of the human race succeeded at living a perfect life.
What that does, in all actuality, is make the rest of us more responsible for our failings and therefore makes our condemnation more just; because if He could do it, we also could have done it; and because we didn't, when we could have, we are all the more accountable.
If it had been impossible to live a perfect life, then perhaps it would have been even unjust for God to condemn us for being sinners.
But because One actually lived a perfect life, God is now vindicated in His judgment of us as sinners because One actually lived a perfect life.
We have no excuse because Someone did that.
This convoluted and corrupt rationale is based on your mistaken belief that God is wrathful and vengeful and needs blood sacrifices to forgive us for "whatever." What is it about Jesus' character that He unambiguously revealed and demonstrated leads you to accept that belief??? It does not compute. You are not believing in the God of Jesus Christ. You are believing in the War God of our ancient ancestors. Why do you call yourself a Christian???

Old 07-07-2021, 07:10 PM

2,212 posts, read 544,292 times
Jesus says these magnificent words to you: "My Blood covers you. Completely. I only see you as white as snow." It is time to stop listening to the accusing lies of the enemy reminding you of past sins. The devil wants to hinder you, crippling you from running in freedom and great joy today.

The Apostle Paul empathized with our reluctance to accept grace.

In Romans 7:15,18 Paul penned, "For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do ... For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells ..." He also clearly reminds us that we all have sinned (Romans 3:23). All of us. have sinned. But because of the Cross, we need not wallow in guilt.

Only a few verses later, Paul beautifully declares, "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:1-2). We are FREE!

Old 07-07-2021, 07:13 PM

John the Baptist was a prophet. He introduced Jesus. We may be ordinary people, but we do the same thing -- men and women introducing the Man, Christ Jesus.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:15 PM

Adam and Eve did not just eat the forbidden fruit; they had an agenda of independence and fled from the face of God. The worst personality defect of all is pride in our self-sufficiency and goodness. This is godless sin.

"All our righteous acts are like filthy rags." - Isaiah 64:6

Old 07-07-2021, 07:17 PM

Do not accept what the world calls normal. We need a fresh Gospel mentality that is willing to walk away from the things that hinder and hamper our CALLING IN CHRIST.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:19 PM

Speaking powerfully requires that you maintain an inner atmosphere of liberty. You have to be free of human pressures to flow with God's Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity