Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 12:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Why in the world would somebody like Trout want to become a Christian when most Christians show him hate, tell him he's gonna burn in hell? {Which IS NOT TRUE}
Most Christians do that? I have not seen that. Do you have examples? I said don't bother with him, which is the best way to deal with people who come here only to provoke others.

As you can see all the talk of "love" have done nothing to draw him to God. Do you know why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most Christians do that? I have not seen that. I said don't bother with him, which is the best way to deal with people who come here to provoke others.
Being that Trout is up there with my group of very best friends, I don't think I will take your advise.

I can speak of God all day and I have no problem with interacting with others, ESPECIALLY those who don't believe in the God of the bible, they are free agents in my eyes, and If I can show them love, that's the least I could do, why so intimidated by others opinions? Are you afraid your house will fall by something Trout says?

Old 04-10-2018, 12:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Most Christians do that? I have not seen that. I said don't bother with him, which is the best way to deal with people who come here to provoke others.

As you can see all the talk of "love" have done nothing to draw him to God. Do you know why?
Oooo-ooo ask me! Ask me!!

Because your "God" is a psychotic monster.

ETA: Any god worthy of a capital G, wouldn't kill millions of innocent bunny rabbits and kittens and children. Just because he was annoyed with himself for screwing up.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Being that Trout is up there with my group of very best friends, I don't think I will take your advise.
My advice is for those who he attempts to provoke with insults.

Quote:
why so intimidated by others opinions?
You mean "opinions" like these? Sorry, such comments are best ignored. They are not opinions, they are insults. To be honest, I don't know why the mods even allow such language on a Christianity board.

Quote:
Troutdude: your "God" is a psychotic monster.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Love Your Enemies
27But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well.…

A Christian never has such a great chance to gain treasure as when somebody tempts them, tests, and puts them to the trial, because when they act in love, treasures come, believe it or not.

And here you have been given such a great opportunity and yet you still don't reach for it.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:

You mean "opinions" like these? Sorry, such comments are best ignored. They are not opinions.
If that is how he sees God, don't you think it would be more Christ like of you to share why he isn't, rather than react to him unChristlike.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

You mean "opinions" like these? Sorry, such comments are best ignored. They are not opinions.
Not surprised Mr. Twister deleted my edit.

You are what you condemn, Mr. Twister.

So tell me, why DID your god slaughter millions of bunnies, kittens and children?

Old 04-10-2018, 12:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
While Stephen was being stoned, he said,'' Lord please forgive them for they know not what they do.''

Why in the world would somebody like Trout want to become a Christian when most Christians show him hate, tell him he's gonna burn in hell? {Which IS NOT TRUE}
Because they don't know Christ they know about him. If they knew him they wouldn't be offended and cry everytime they hear something they don't like. Stephen was stoned to death for crying out loud and look at his spirit and attitude.

We see just a million people claiming to have the spirit, and what is the signs of the spirit?

Galatians
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If that is how he sees God, don't you think it would be more Christ like of you to share why he isn't, rather than react to him unChristlike.
Except, the evangelical/fundamentalist Christians' explanations of why God isn't a psychotic monster, make it sound like God is, indeed, a psychotic monster. It's a no-win situation for them.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Love Your Enemies

A Christian never has such a great chance to gain treasure as when somebody tempts them, tests, and puts them to the trial, because when they act in love, treasures come, believe it or not.

And here you have been given such a great opportunity and yet you still don't reach for it.
You can love your enemies, but Jesus also said to dust your sandals when people are not interested in His message. You have to realize that when people are being openly hostile year after year, they are not ready to receive the message.

Moderator cut: Accusing a person of unbelief is unacceptable.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-10-2018 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Post said someone was not a believer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity