Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it time for a female Pope?
Yes, otherwise it's misogyny 3 14.29%
No, women belong in the kitchen 6 28.57%
There should not be a Papacy in the first place 7 33.33%
Other (Please specify) 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 12:24 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
E...HUMPH, well, the earth loves me, and it loves Trout, all we gotta do is get angry, hell, she bears just might come out of the woods after our enemies and we don't even have to say nothing.
Oh, so you were the ones who sent me those bears in my dream that time. (Trout helped me interpret it.)

Quote:
Many years has passed and a day
Still we walk, in the path
That leads, to the light
Shining down, on this great beyond
Thoughts ignite us, let love unite us
Then turn your face to the wind
And taste his love within
You'll find a friend - everlasting love
You can depend, everytime you smile
You bless a child
Our spirit perpetuates
Our spirit meditates love and faith
We must make our brother see
That the…

We must make our brother see
That the light is he
Shining on you and me
And the land he gave
Roads we must pave
Looking through each others eyes
Humanity will rise
In love
And our spirit will
Be at one with thee
Lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 12:26 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Hannibal If you seriously think I'm Catholic you really are clueless. I'm as far from that group as you can get . I follow Paul who follows Christ who is the head of my group the "Body of Christ" saved by GRACE not some dude in fancy robes. I'm looking up waiting for the rapture and a glorified body. If somebody gave me a first class ticket to the vatican it would get traded in on something else. As for women they are indeed valued highly by Paul but are NOT allowed authority over men in the church. Read the book........

11 Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve; 14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

Cruiser saved by grace and a NON Catholic
Cruiser, YOU FOLLOW WHOLLY CATHOLIC LAW, that's a fact, you follow Catholic law, catholic Sabbaths and holy days that the pope created by his own authority, ADMITTEDLY NOT THE WORSHIP SYSTEM OF CHRIST GOD ORDAINED. YOU FOLLOW THE POPE'S LAWS, AND THE WORSHIP SYSTEM HE CREATED, not God's worship system

Am I to take you seriously if you don't even know whose authority you are under?

And you say,'' I follow Paul.'' {YOU have already shown us your cowardly lying Paul who should have died in acts 21, as you confirm the lies against Paul.} ADMIT the truth of Acts 21, and begin with the truth that the first Christianity WAS JUDAISM, at what point did the Gentiles stop coming under the covenant of Jesus where they joined the nation of Jews? About 100 years after Jsus died, you follow that new way, the way of the Pope.

But you should say,'' I follow Jesus,'' but your Paul contradicts Jesus, and no matter how much you don't want to see yourself as a Catholic, what you do proves what you are Cruiser, be true to thine ownself, because that is exactly where your religion hales from.

Just saying, just because you deny historical fact doesn't mean history did not take place, and historical fact by Jewish law and Roman law proves that the first Gentile Christians practiced Judaism and remained in Judaism until the apostasy we were warned of where the church became lawless and OUTLAWED GOD.

YOU ARE IN HERE TEACHING THIS OUTLAWING OF GOD, AND YOU GET THIS FROM BEING A CATHOLIC WHETHER YOU KNOW IT OR NOT, WHETHER YOU WANT TO ADMIT THE FACTS OR NOT, YOU KEEP WHAT IS WHOLLY CREATED AND DESIGNED BY THE POPE CRUISER.

But that is ok, I truly believe the Catholic is saved, but YOU ARE a Catholic, so don't be talking bad about the Pope, or convert to another religion if you don't like being a Catholic lol.

Looks like a Catholic, walks like a Catholic, talks like a Catholic, follows what is wholly Catholic, keeps all the Sabbaths and holy days with their traditions and rituals INVENTED or accepted from ancient Pagan ways, but was authorized by the Pope, and then she claims that I am clueless, that she isn't a Catholic lol.

Sorry Cruiser, I mean if I sound kind of sarcastic, but you keep the religion created by the POPE, NAY, lol, YOU DEFEND the Pope's religion EVERY DAY CRUISER.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-18-2018 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You can't argue from the bible that the bible is inerrant and infallible, so you resort to .
You make a dumb, vague statement that would hijack the thread and then you accuse me of not being able to back it up. The fact is it's been shown time and again on this forum to be dependable. If you want to play those games, have at it. I'm not going to get sucked into it.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You make a dumb, vague statement that would hijack the thread and then you accuse me of not being able to back it up. The fact is it's been shown time and again on this forum to be dependable. If you want to play those games, have at it. I'm not going to get sucked into it.
You accused someone else of trying to invalidate the bible. The point is, he doesn't have to try to do that, because the bible does a fine job invalidating itself as an authority all on it's own.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 PM

2,169 posts, read 3,141,493 times
Your answer options clearly show your bias.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:57 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,061,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You accused someone else of trying to invalidate the bible. The point is, he doesn't have to try to do that, because the bible does a fine job invalidating itself as an authority all on it's own.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:00 PM

The Catholic Church will first allow priests to marry before they ordain women. And even that isn’t likely in the near future. So the likelihood of a female pope isn’t even fathomable right now.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM

130,692 posts, read 12,187,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
The Catholic Church will first allow priests to marry before they ordain women. And even that isn’t likely in the near future. So the likelihood of a female pope isn’t even fathomable right now.
They would also have to allow female priests, so one can work her way up to being Pope. A long ways off, if ever.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:12 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You have consistently shown that you can't back up what you say.

Pleroo is a person who believes that the bible isn't completely the word of God, on the other hand, you do.

Back up what you say, and maybe you wont have any problems with Pleroo while being COMPLETLY wrong.

You can't even agree with the words of Jesus, much less back up what your saying from your misguided understanding of Paul. and if you show Paul to be a lying coward as most Christians do, then don't be quoting a Jew who never left Judaism trying to say that Judaism is now dead, while you show Paul to be a freaking liar deserving of death. If you can't agree with what Jesus says, how you gonna debate Pleroo?

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Anger and Reconciliation
(Luke 12:57-59)

21Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 23Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. 25Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. 26Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Now I understand Pleroo's position on this, and she can stand and have an opinion because she doesn't believe everything the word says, YOU ON THE OTHER HAND, CANNOT EVEN AGREE WITH JESUS HIMSELF, and you are going to talk to Pleroo that way?

You can't back up what you say, you should look at yourself before you look at Pleroo.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:14 PM

For those who say anyone can be Pope, you are wrong.

For those who try to distinguish a hierarchy of Bishop, Archbishop and Cardinals, you are also wrong.

The requirement to be Pope is that you must be a bishop. For a Protestant to become Pope, he would first have to convert to Catholicism, take his vows and be ordained a priest and then be ordained a bishop. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

A Cardinal and an Archbishop have no more authority than a Bishop. Their titles are honorary but carry no more authority. An archbishop simply is over an archdiocese which is simply a larger diocese. And a Cardinal is a bishop that has been asked to join the college of Cardinals to be responsible for electing a new Pope. Even the Pope is simply the Bishop of Rome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity