Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 11:00 PM

13,287 posts, read 8,480,864 times

Advertisements

Welp we are created in gods image...so my take is god didnt care for that side of his/her image and decided to do what an all powerful entity does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 04:16 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The NT teaches law would be written on ones heart --this the new covenant being-LOVE. It did not say it would be abolished.
JESUS SAID OUT OF HIS MOUTH

KJV For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Earth is still here along with jesus/gods other 600 laws.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:46 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,925,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Homosexuals build a huge wall that separates them from God. They don’t want give up their lifestyle that God calls an abomination. Do some turn away from their unnatural lusts? Perhaps. But many continue on gambling with their eternal soul hoping that the Bible isn’t true.

When society started to accept homosexuality as normal, it actually ends up as harm. Some may feel it is unecessary to repent from any sin or turn to Jesus as salvation

The problem is 34,000 different religions claiming to be Christian. 33,999 are not. Some teach homosexuality is ok, etc all teach something different--There is one truth, one religion that has Jesus.
1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--along with all the false god worship and partaking off the table of demons= 99% on earth are being mislead. No wonder Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day.
society accepting things God stands against is 100% proof Jesus was 100% correct--satan is the ruler of this world( system of things)-- he beat 99% living now centuries ago--all need to LOOK.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I didn't read your link of all of the 20 different translations either. I simply glanced at them, not because I'm lazy but because they offer nothing to what I already know. This is not to mention that the only reason you offer them is to support an anti-gay agenda and I'm not interested in that agenda.

The truth is that the term 'homosexual' is not found in scripture. As Wardendresden said, this term did not appear in versions of the Bible until 1946. Some of us know this. What may not be known, however, is that there are NO equivalent terms in the Bible for 'homosexuality' in the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. In other words, the authors of those post-1946 Bibles took liberties to substitute a relatively modern term to a scripture or scriptures that did not interpret that way. Oh yes, in their zeal to give credence to their anti-gay agenda some Christians have attempted verbal/linguistic gymnastics with an obscure word like 'arsenokoitai', a word, apparently invented by Paul, to interpret as 'homosexuality'.

I am not saying, nor have I ever said, that male/male sexual practices are not spoken of in the Bible. Yes, of course they are spoken of, albeit in only a handful of scriptures in the entire Bible. But they DO NOT speak of 'homosexuality' per se but with pagan idolatry practices and sexual rituals that were performed with temple prostitutes. The sexual orientation of either the prostitute and the client is not the issue at all. The issue (when condemned) is that these pagans were worshiping graven images rather than the one true God.

I don't know how many times I've asked this but I wouldn't mind a dollar for every time that I have asked. That is, if I happen to be wrong re my understanding that the ONLY times that same-sex sexual practices are mentioned in the Bible is when idolatry/temple prostitution related ...then let me know accordingly WITH scripture as your guide. So far no one has been able to do so.
I could care less which word different translations use, be it homosexual, sodomite, lying with men like you lie with women. Obviously they all refer to the same thing. And no, Timothy was not referring to some temple prostitition. You are in denial.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:33 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I wonder who it was that complained to God about Sodom and Gomorrah ?.

The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.
Chronicles of the event are written in Josephus as well as Torah and suggest issues of greater concern than social matters commonly debated in America today.

The valley settlements totaled five towns or villages. There were more than Sodom and Gomorrah involved in the conflagration. We're looking at a minor city-state, not just two licentious towns. All were destroyed.

According to ancient text the valley of Siddim was once fertile and luxuriant. It was settled by honest hard working people and was widely known for its geographic beauty as well as the kindness and morality of its people. Abraham's nephew Lot decided to settle there because of the good reputation it enjoyed. But morality is not a four letter word and neither are such habits written in stone upon the hearts and souls of man.

The people of the valley of Siddim corrupted themselves. Some narratives suggest prosperity was the cause of the rise of perversions of every sort in the five towns. All manner of violence began to plague the people of the valley and was especially severe upon those who visited the area or had commerce with their people. Murder, robbery, cheating of every sort from personal relationships to business transactions as well as sexual deviance in the form of rape (men and women), trans-sexual relations and beastiality were reported. In their self-absorbed perversions they forgot God. But their neighbors knew.

A valley once regarded and respected for kindness, hard work and civility became convinced that its own perversions of robbery, lying, murder, sexual deviance, and disrespect for business and visitors was good for them. But it wasn't good in the eyes of God and it wasn't good in the eyes of neighboring towns and cities and caravans. The rumor of the wickedness of the people of the valley of Siddim spread like wildfire among other people. What had once been good and fine and worthy of praise had become a cesspool of human vulgarity.

Knowing that it is easier to destroy a cancer than to try to heal it, God sent fire to purge the evil from the face of the earth.

So it was written. So it was done. Evidence of divine fire can be seen upon the rocks in the area to this day. Some form of terrible destruction was visited upon the place and those who lived there. Nothing except the evidence of fire and a peculiar type of brimstone (sulfer) remains.

Before a person or a nation perverts itself it must first be persuaded that they are good and that what they want is also good.

The Bible records the spiritual principle of the beginning of self-deception in the first sin in the Garden of Eden. The serpent persuaded Eve that eating the forbidden fruit was a good thing and that it would make her a better person. She in turn persuaded Adam of the goodness of the deed. The self-deception became an act of rebellion against God - the first sin.

The people of the valley of Siddim were destroyed because they forgot God and because they considered themselves and their passions to be good. Their self-deception was an affront to God and their neighbors - sin.

From that time to this the pattern remains the same. Self-deception in the form of perceived good, which is actually a violation of the laws of man and God, has been the downfall of persons and nations to this day.

It is not long after a person or nation forgets God and disrespects the wishes of their fellow man that grievous crimes are committed against them both. God is not idle and will not neglect judgment of sin.

The time to repent is now, before judgment is decreed and performed. For when it comes, nothing of what had been built before will be restored. The result of judgment is permanent change. The time to repent is now.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 05-01-2018, 06:38 AM

1,183 posts, read 538,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The problem is 34,000 different religions claiming to be Christian. 33,999 are not. Some teach homosexuality is ok, etc all teach something different--There is one truth, one religion that has Jesus.
1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--along with all the false god worship and partaking off the table of demons= 99% on earth are being mislead. No wonder Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day.
society accepting things God stands against is 100% proof Jesus was 100% correct--satan is the ruler of this world( system of things)-- he beat 99% living now centuries ago--all need to LOOK.
We all have sinned and have fallen short, not just the homosexuals. But they have such a large obstruction between them and God.

Yes, I believe false/bad doctrine has infiltrated our churches. They have made worship all about them. They want to entertain and not to offend

Old 05-01-2018, 06:51 AM

1,146 posts, read 650,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Welp we are created in gods image...so my take is god didnt care for that side of his/her image and decided to do what an all powerful entity does.
Who told you we are created in the image of God?

The idea is false.

We are NOT created in the image of God. Look around you. Do you see godlike creatures inhabiting this planet or do you see violence and robbery and innocent persons victimized by cruel governments? Do you see angelic persons or people willing to screw their neighbors for a percentage?

When a child is born he or she is often credited with looking like its parent(s). The girl may resemble her mother even in adulthood as may the son. Dogs and cats resemble the breed from which they are born as are all other living things on the planet. None of them resemble God. None of them are born in the image of God. They as we - are created or born in the image of our ancestors, our parents.

In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.
- Genesis 5:1b

"...and God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female he created them."
- Genesis 1:27

Adam and Eve were created in the image of God.

But the children of Adam and Eve were created in the image of their parents - Adam and Eve, not God. This is biological fact that remains true to this day. A child is created in the image of its parents, with all of the combined traits of their parents. Including the tendency of their parents to sin - as Adam and Eve did sin.

This is why the second Adam, Jesus Christ, had to be born of God - without sin. Jesus was born in the image of God, but did not sin as the first man Adam sinned. The consequences of the lives of both men affect humanity to this very day - down through all of history.

We are all of us children of our parents and subject to the same strengths and weaknesses our parents were subject to. As we are born of parents who tend to sin, so have we also inherited the tendency to sin.(*) If we are born AGAIN of the spirit of the second Adam/Jesus, so shall we be justified in the eyes of God and saved from our sin as well as the tendency to do so.

We are not born into the image of God, but it is possible to be BORN AGAIN into His likeness.

The second birth is therefore the greatest miracle upon the earth since creation itself. Repent and share in it. Refuse and suffer the second death.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) The Bible does not justify the Calvinist idea that all humanity is born as sinners. It is not a sin to be born human.
Sin is an act. It is not the same thing as predisposition to sin.
A baby is not born a sinner. A child is not guilty of sin until it willfully acts in a manner contrary to the Law of God.
For instance, wanting to kill one's mother in-law is not a punishable offense until the act is actually performed.
The tendency to sin is not a sin, therefore a child who dies in innocence isn't condemned by God or man.
But the soul that sins shall surely die - suffer the Second Death.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 05-01-2018 at 07:11 AM..

Old 05-01-2018, 06:57 AM

6,803 posts, read 2,925,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I didn't read your link of all of the 20 different translations either. I simply glanced at them, not because I'm lazy but because they offer nothing to what I already know. This is not to mention that the only reason you offer them is to support an anti-gay agenda and I'm not interested in that agenda.

The truth is that the term 'homosexual' is not found in scripture. As Wardendresden said, this term did not appear in versions of the Bible until 1946. Some of us know this. What may not be known, however, is that there are NO equivalent terms in the Bible for 'homosexuality' in the original Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. In other words, the authors of those post-1946 Bibles took liberties to substitute a relatively modern term to a scripture or scriptures that did not interpret that way. Oh yes, in their zeal to give credence to their anti-gay agenda some Christians have attempted verbal/linguistic gymnastics with an obscure word like 'arsenokoitai', a word, apparently invented by Paul, to interpret as 'homosexuality'.

I am not saying, nor have I ever said, that male/male sexual practices are not spoken of in the Bible. Yes, of course they are spoken of, albeit in only a handful of scriptures in the entire Bible. But they DO NOT speak of 'homosexuality' per se but with pagan idolatry practices and sexual rituals that were performed with temple prostitutes. The sexual orientation of either the prostitute and the client is not the issue at all. The issue (when condemned) is that these pagans were worshiping graven images rather than the one true God.

I don't know how many times I've asked this but I wouldn't mind a dollar for every time that I have asked. That is, if I happen to be wrong re my understanding that the ONLY times that same-sex sexual practices are mentioned in the Bible is when idolatry/temple prostitution related ...then let me know accordingly WITH scripture as your guide. So far no one has been able to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I could care less which word different translations use, be it homosexual, sodomite, lying with men like you lie with women. Obviously they all refer to the same thing.
Yes, they do. They refer to temple prostitution affiliated with the worship practices of idols, i.e. idolatry.

Quote:
And no, Timothy was not referring to some temple prostitition.
He wasn't? That was Paul, by the way. Well, here's your big chance to show me from scripture that Paul was not referring to temple prostitution. I require SCRIPTURE ...not your opinion. If you can present scripture to back up your claim then that will be a first.

Let me put the question to you again in this way ...if not referring to temple prostitution can you give a rundown of the homosexual activities among the general population that Paul was referring to and as to why this would be a concern to Paul? I mean, why would Adam's and Steve's relationship cause Paul such angst? Well, it wouldn't. They're just a couple of guys who live down the street. The things that are spoken of in Paul's letters are clearly practices that are, 1. religious in nature and, 2. are known to be occurring in places of worship such as a, um ...temple. Temple prostitutes were considered by the pagans as 'sacred' and as such were seen to be supernaturally linked to the idols ...just as you would probably claim to be supernaturally linked to God.

Quote:
You are in denial.
What am I in denial of?? All I'm doing here is educating you on scripture.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:54 AM

1,196 posts, read 755,437 times
Quote:
We all have sinned and have fallen short, not just the homosexuals. But they have such a large obstruction between them and God. Yes, I believe false/bad doctrine has infiltrated our churches. They have made worship all about them. They want to entertain and not to offend
i agree, but sadly MANY so call Christians seem to believe or act as though homosexuality is the worst of ALL sinful acts. as though those doing the acts has a "special place in hell", as I've heard someone say. have many NOT read ...(1Cor. 6:9,10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God).

MANY "Christians" are having sex out of marriage, (Fornication), yet they still believe they have that automatic first class ticket to Heaven. not realizing that the same destruction that will befall those who refuse to stop the act of homosexuality. will also happen towards those who continue the acts 1Corinthian speaks of. so those who seem to believe that their sinful acts are tiny compare to being gay. they might want to put themselves in check with a quickness before it's too late. peace

Old 05-01-2018, 07:57 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,925,564 times
Quote:
We all have sinned and have fallen short, not just the homosexuals. But they have such a large obstruction between them and God.

Yes, I believe false/bad doctrine has infiltrated our churches. They have made worship all about them. They want to entertain and not to offend

I call them ear ticklers. At 1Cor 6:9-11 makes it 100% clear with the statement--- That is what some of you were= past tense--real repentence is the stopping of the doing of a sin. Thus-true followers wash their robes white to the utmost of their abilities. Notice the words found at 1Cor 6:9-11 and Galations 5:19-21--- both spots say--These will NOT enter Gods kingdom. Yet along with all the false god worship on earth and partaking off the table of demons--99% are living in opposition to Gods will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity