Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 10:56 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
All of man’s sins was placed on Jesus before His death on the cross.
It doesn’t matter what you think you have right. To deny Jesus is to deny God. And the Scriptures are very clear what happens to your eternal soul when you reject God.
I am wondering what ' eternal soul ' you are referring.
Especially since the soul dies. A dead soul can Not be an eternal or immortal soul.
As Ezekiel 18:4,20 says the soul that sins dies.
Acts 3:23 even lets us know the soul can be destroyed.
That is in harmony with Psalm 92:7 that the wicked will be destroyed forever.
I find at 2nd Peter 3:9 that we are all given two (2) choices:
Either ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' ( Meaning be destroyed )
If the soul was immortal ( death proof ) then there would be No need for Jesus to resurrect the dead - Rev. 1:18.
The living do Not need a resurrection but the dead need a resurrection.- John 11:11-14; Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 115:17; 146:4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 10:56 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If he is a literal son, and I agree, then he is not God, but only God's son and not equal nor has he existed as long as his father, God.
In all old stories, the Sons of Gods are also Gods.

This is about theology. Not about human reproductive anatomy. You are arguing too literally. With all due respect, people who do that generally become atheists over time. When that happens, it isn't a success of their logic as they like to congratulate themselves, but a failure to figure the theology out. The Christ story and the resultant religion is not a human story, but one about God.

This is about the lineage of a God. Not that of a human. In the Bible, figures in the same lineage often represent the same archetype or figure throughout the lineage even though they have differing names.

The Trinitarian theology has a very specific theological meaning. Physicalist arguments along the lines of yours, with all due respect, are irrelevant to that concept and its meaning. Instead, you would need to engage in metaphysical arguments as, in the Christian religion, the metaphyscial is where God resides. Metaphyscially, the Son and the Father are one.

Since trinitarian religion began, and much before, people have known that human father's come before the birth of their sons. And yet the trinitarian theology persists. There is a very good reason for that, which at the least is that the theology of the concept has nothing to do with human birth order.

What you have to know is the basic concept of Christianity: Christ is the joining of god and man.

And to link this into the OP's question, this could not happen via an act of creation. Only via an act of procreation (virginal or otherwise). This, very specifically, is why Christ is the Son and not a creation. Just as a sculpture does not physically link the artist to the clay, creations do not provide a link from Heaven to Earth or from God to Man. Only procreation could.

Last edited by golgi1; 05-21-2018 at 11:26 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 11:02 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
It is only a debate because the majority who post here are non Christian. The use “Christian” as a tag word to spread their philosophy, many of which is probably demonic in origin.
I'm starting to get that. Though, there do seem to be good faith participants as well. Even if they are debating.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:32 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
It is only a debate because the majority who post here are non-Christian. The use “Christian” as a tag word to spread their philosophy, many of which is probably demonic in origin.
Everyone who claims to be a Christian IS a Christian on this forum, period. You do not get to decide who is or is not a Christian.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

It doesn’t matter what you think you have right. To deny Jesus is to deny God. And the Scriptures are very clear what happens to your eternal soul when you reject God.
Yet no one can be punished for the sins of another, G-d says so and He changes not...

Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
There is only one Christ. There are not fundamentally differing Christs.

Remember, three in one.

Pedantic analysis , which will be both theoretically and applicably wrong, will not help your faith and it simply won't apply to anyone's religion.

There is a deeper message and theology at play that you are not getting, with all due respect.

To illustrate, your argument reflects that of the Pharisees. They also failed to grasp the concept, or perhaps simply rejected it (likely in my opinion). Christ was also a man, and thus could be put to death. Christ the God and the Father are one, and thus the God who raised him from the dead is the same as Christ himself.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Note the difference between being okay with you, and being okay with you not participating in something that I do.

If you post anything interesting or ridiculously absurd, you can bet I'll respond. If you don't, I won't.

If you don't want to risk being confronted by one of my posts, you could emulate your brave fundie confreres and put me on ignore.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:

You cannot impute your crimes to that of another, not is his righteousness imputed to you.
Are you not held responsible and accountable for your own thoughts; deeds and actions?

And there is no such things as "eternal damnation" simply because you do not believe in
"cruel and unusual punishment."

Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
...snip...Christ the God and the Father are one, and thus the God who raised him from the dead is the same as Christ himself.

Which is like I said: A god impregnates a woman with itself, to give birth to itself, in order to pretend to die for a couple of days to save everyone (everyone who says the Magic Words To Jesus) from the rotten job it did creating mankind.

Weird how I have trouble believing it's true.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Which is like I said: A god impregnates a woman with itself, to give birth to itself, in order to pretend to die for a couple of days to save everyone (everyone who says the Magic Words To Jesus) from the rotten job it did creating mankind.

Weird how I have trouble believing it's true.
You just gotta have faith...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity