Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 08:30 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times

Advertisements

People love to hear and dream about the fantastical. But, I think people are using extracurricular material to come up with a hypothesis.

The Bible says Satan a 1/3 of his angels were cast down to earth, not hell. Assuming they are given certain freedom, the Nephalim is something more spiritual in nature. And the Bible is referring to their spiritual side. They did interact with the physical, most likely willingly participants, to cause havoc on earth. To this day, these spirits are still among us. We should recognize that they do exist and are here but do not dwell on them.

“…an enormous red dragon…His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth…the great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:3–9).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 08:38 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
People love to hear and dream about the fantastical. But, I think people are using extracurricular material to come up with a hypothesis.

The Bible says Satan a 1/3 of his angels were cast down to earth, not hell. Assuming they are given certain freedom, the Nephalim is something more spiritual in nature. And the Bible is referring to their spiritual side. They did interact with the physical, most likely willingly participants, to cause havoc on earth. To this day, these spirits are still among us. We should recognize that they do exist and are here but do not dwell on them.

“…an enormous red dragon…His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth…the great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:3–9).
the Revelation 12 vision is Matthews chapter 2 verses 1-8 reality.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:39 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:

I would love to know when this happened. I would think before Adam. Not a future event because the bible is pretty clear he is lord of this planet. He tempted Adam, he tempted Christ. Who knows, maybe the 1/3 are you and me. Kicked out of paradise for some reason.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:57 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I would love to know when this happened. I would think before Adam. Not a future event because the bible is pretty clear he is lord of this planet. He tempted Adam, he tempted Christ. Who knows, maybe the 1/3 are you and me. Kicked out of paradise for some reason.
A non biblical theory held by many Christians is that the Earth, including living things was corrupted by Satan. Eden was an oasis, a physical realm but separate from the corruption. Perhaps the physical laws, space and time were different in Eden. Who knows? It is all guesses.

There are things that we are not allowed to know. But what we do KNOW is that if you put your faith in Jesus, you are not part of the fallen. Now, the description of faith in Christ is something more than just a belief.

Last edited by SumTingy; 10-24-2018 at 09:05 AM..

Old 10-24-2018, 09:24 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

Strang, There is no indication of this in Torah...

Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Strang, There is no indication of this in Torah...
Deuteronomy 18:15 "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken”.

And that prophet is the Child in Revelation 12, which the prohets foretold,

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

And , Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting”.

Which is confirmed in, where else, Matthew 2:3-6 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Deuteronomy 18:15 "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken”.

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

And , Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting”.

Which is confirmed in, where else, Matthew 2:3-6 "When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

PICYJAG.
That has nothing to do with what I replied to...

Old 10-24-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:

PICYJAG.
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9

5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

Michah - Micah - Chapter 5

1 And you, Bethlehem Ephrathah-you should have been the lowest of the clans of Judah-from you [he] shall emerge for Me, to be a ruler over Israel; and his origin is from of old, from days of yore.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 9

5 For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

Michah - Micah - Chapter 5

1 And you, Bethlehem Ephrathah-you should have been the lowest of the clans of Judah-from you [he] shall emerge for Me, to be a ruler over Israel; and his origin is from of old, from days of yore.
was not these the words Micah wrote concering the child in Matthews chapter 2? yes or no.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
was not these the words Micah wrote concering the child in Matthews chapter 2? yes or no.

PICYJAG.
Nope...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity