Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 10:58 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
To get to the original question, do some (Conservative) Christians seem less compassionate? I think some of this questioning is due to Christians observing God’s law.

It is not easy in today’s society to talk about sin and God’s justice. It is much easier to say that there is no hell or eternal punishment than speak the Truth about God’s Word.

So, who is more concern about the welfare of the individual? Is it the group that says “you are in danger!” Or the other collection that leads you down a destructive path. Sometimes doing work for the Lord is not easy nor rewarding. But do not confuse their convictions as not being compassionate. They are the ones taking the hit for your benefit.
Can you give us a copy of God's laws to keep?

Which ones do you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
It is always amusing but also very sad, when someone makes critical remarks on a subject they are completely ignorant of.

it is also amusing when the person most critical and judgmental of Christians in this forum criticizes and judges the actions of others. You have been duped by secularism and don't even care enough to get the correct definition of fundamentalism. And you claim to be logical and intelligent.
I'm fine with by far the majority of Christians. But you are a bigoted, blinkered fundie and as such, you pose a danger to mankind. I will fight your kind's ignorance and evil as long as I draw breath.

Thankfully, education, the internet, and death are snuffing fundies into extinction.

You and your ilk can bellow bigoted inanities for a few more years. But then you'll sink into the tar pits of irrelevance, where you belong.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:20 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ha!

I'm not sure Jesus existed. But if he did, I admire many of the stories about him. You don't need to be a "God" to change the world. Just look at Newton, Da Vinci, Shakespeare, Einstein et al.

Changing the world is nice. Changing a person is better Jesus did both. Ask anyone who has truly been born again.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:45 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm fine with by far the majority of Christians. But you are a bigoted, blinkered fundie and as such, you pose a danger to mankind. I will fight your kind's ignorance and evil as long as I draw breath.

Thankfully, education, the internet, and death are snuffing fundies into extinction.

You and your ilk can bellow bigoted inanities for a few more years. But then you'll sink into the tar pits of irrelevance, where you belong.

What an amusing post. The most bigoted person in the forum calling someone bigoted. Even worse, you can't post one bigoted thing I have said. Everyone make a note of my challenge. The trout man has been hooked on his own petard and will not reply to this challenge. I would much prefer to be a fundamentalist under your ignorant definition than be associated with the likes of you.

And you consider yourself intelligent. You need to take some advice from the apostle Paul. You can find it in Rom 12:3.

I want to thank you for you insulting remarks about me. It shows I am getting under your skin and they says more about the kind of person you really are than it says about me.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:18 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Can you give us a copy of God's laws to keep?

Which ones do you mean?
I don’t know what you are asking exactly but Jesus says the Law can be summed up as

Mat 22:37-40
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Old 06-24-2018, 06:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Most bigoted people I know usually say or ask:

1) Are you born again?
2) Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior?
3) How long have you been a Christian?
4) Are you a Bible-believing Christian?

It comes across as an interrogation, coupled with that of being extremely judgmental.

Stealing Jesus - The New York Times
Simply stated, conservative Christianity focuses primarily on law, doctrine and authority.
Whereas, liberal Christianity focuses on the love for humanity and the spiritual experience.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
What an amusing post. The most bigoted person in the forum calling someone bigoted. Even worse, you can't post one bigoted thing I have said. Everyone make a note of my challenge. The trout man has been hooked on his own petard and will not reply to this challenge. I would much prefer to be a fundamentalist under your ignorant definition than be associated with the likes of you.

And you consider yourself intelligent. You need to take some advice from the apostle Paul. You can find it in Rom 12:3.

I want to thank you for you insulting remarks about me. It shows I am getting under your skin and they says more about the kind of person you really are than it says about me.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:28 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Wow, a study of 204 people, a whole 91 who do not believe in God. Yeah, you really got me with those facts.
You obviously have no understanding of statistics. Fewer people could have been involved and arrived at results closely resembling those of the study.

Read about statistical deviations.

My professional career included being involved in actuarial work. Got my start on it in Celina, OH. Look up their major industries.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:43 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I don’t know what you are asking exactly but Jesus says the Law can be summed up as

Mat 22:37-40
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
Y'all just make up the rest huh?

Toss the laws of God out the window and don't replace with anything, what on earth was it ever good for in the first place if you throw it away?

It's not about love, it's about rejection and replacement, Christians reject everything there is about God, and they replace it with the ways of other gods and they say,'' Here are you gods that brought us out of Egypt.''

Rejection of God's ways has never been about love, Constantine gave us the reason for the rejection of God's ways, and it was just the opposite of love, it was through hate.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:54 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Y'all just make up the rest huh?

Toss the laws of God out the window and don't replace with anything, what on earth was it ever good for in the first place if you throw it away?

It's not about love, it's about rejection and replacement, Christians reject everything there is about God, and they replace it with the ways of other gods and they say,'' Here are you gods that brought us out of Egypt.''

Rejection of God's ways has never been about love, Constantine gave us the reason for the rejection of God's ways, and it was just the opposite of love, it was through hate.

I still not getting what you are asking. The first 4 Commandments is how we address the Lord, the latter 6 relates to other people.

You focus on Constantine like he has set the precedence of the Church. I would deny that. The belief in the Trinity and the Scriptures would be exactly the same whether Constatine was involved or not.

The blog or book you read about the Council of Nicea probably has a bit of true and mostly made of conjecture and biased thinking. Search hard enough and you will find someone who thinks just like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity