Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 03:58 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,038,292 times

Advertisements

The Text Under Consideration=

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The basis for "everlasting punishment=

1. I (Jesus) was hungry and you gave Me no meat.

2. I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink.

3. I was a stranger and you took Me not in.

4. I was in prison & you did not visit Me or minister to Me.

5. I was naked and you did not clothe Me.

And for these things your punishment is "everlasting punishment."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. Everlasting, like God Himself. Thank you.
"Then his master shall bring him to the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or to the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for life. (olam)

"All the males among the children of Aaron shall eat of it. It shall be a statute for all time (olam) in your generations concerning the offerings of Yahweh made by fire: every one who touches them shall be holy.

"Outside the vail of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, shall Aaron order it from the evening to the morning before Yahweh continually (olam): it shall be a statute for all time (olam) in your generations.

"And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance for all time (olam) throughout your generations. (olam)

Olam=

https://www.logosapostolic.org/hebre...verlasting.htm

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-18-2018 at 04:11 PM..

Old 06-18-2018, 04:12 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The Text Under Consideration=

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The basis for "everlasting punishment=

1. I (Jesus) was hungry and you gave Me no meat.

2. I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink.

3. I was a stranger and you took Me not in.

4. I was in prison & you did not visit Me or minister to Me.

5. I was naked and you did not clothe Me.

And for these things your punishment is "everlasting punishment."

It's a parable, Jesus is as a baby being born again in people, you give that child milk to drink and meat to eat from the word of God as you are trying to cloth that child, but if you don't give him something to drink or eat, you are not teaching him the law and the prophets, then he will never be clothed. You invited him into your house like a stranger, and he is in a prison all alone if the person will not teach the child they have been seeded with. It is talking about using your flesh to raise the spirit, it is a goat and a sheep.

Who is the Brethren of Christ?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-18-2018 at 04:38 PM..

Old 06-18-2018, 05:42 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,712,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Hebrew word OLAM (everlasting) and its counter part in Greek (AIONIOS) - should be understood to mean, until something else happens:

1 Corinthians 15:24-26
Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For he must reign UNTIL he has put all his enemies under his feet. And, the last enemy to be DESTROYED is death.

However, this doesn't mean he or any part of humanity will not exist, nor will they be eternally damned.
I sure welcome Jesus coming in the twinkling of an eye and putting down all the strong man dictators on the earth that are so cruel to the people under them. May God send Christ to slay this military prison system.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Let's look at the next one on "the list".

"guard (keep watch over) yourselves in God's love, looking for the mercy of our Lord, Jesus Christ, into life pertaining to the ages (eonian life; age-lasting life).

Jonathan Mitchell N.T. Translation

Jude 1:21 (YLT) yourselves in the love of God keep ye, waiting for the kindness of our Lord Jesus Christ -- to life age-during;
Here is an interesting scripture on "the list", and one of the reasons so many are discombobulated.

Titus 1:2=

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began"

Would any of us like to venture a thought on what the word in koine is for>>>>>>>>

1. "before the world began" &

2. "eternal life"

Times up

Yes, the word in Titus 1:2 for "eternal life" & before the world began" = aionios

Would any of us wonder why eternal life is not based on aionios? There is eternal life, but not on the foundation of aionios! NOT

https://www.biblestudytools.com/titus/1-2-compare.html

Come in Jonathan

http://www.greater-emmanuel.org/jmt/

"standing in awe of wellness, with adoration and healthful devotion in true relation to God) –

[based; standing] upon [three 9th & 10th cent. MSS: within] an expectation (hope) of eonian life (life having the quality and characteristic of the Age; age-during and eon-lasting life; [= life in the realm of spirit and truth; = life in the sphere above and contrasted to life in the sphere below]) which the non-lying God (the God without falseness) promised – before eonian times (prior to times pertaining to the Age; before age-during times; prior to times having the qualities of the Age)"

Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,398,630 times
[quote=Harry Diogenes;52232431]Proverbs 6:16-19, pneuma. 9th commandment, pneuma.

Perhaps if YOU read the thread instead of making up excuses!

See, because you just make stuff up, you admitted your god is not eternal. Now you come up with this dishonest insult to hide that you just make up excuses. The first rule of digging holes is stop digging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Gods eternal being is not tied to the word aionios, there are other words in scripture that tell us God is without beginning and without end and many of them have been brought up in this thread.

Irrelevant. The point is that the NT uses aionios to mean eternal, everlasting, 70 times, and only once to mean ages. If YOU had read the thread, you would have seen this.

1) practice what you preach.

2) I need to go learn Koine Greek? Probably the only person here who can read Koine Greek should go learn to read Koine Greek?

Why, do you think that will make me better at arguing with people who can can not, who can only cut and paste?
LMAO for a guy who says he can read Greek but must rely on an english word to get scripture to say what you want it to, ya sure you can read Greek, but even if you can does not mean you understand it.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That is what you have been taught it means in English. However, the English language is merely a perversion that altered the original course, meaning, or state to a distorted corruption of what was first intended in order to justify the horrendous assumption (i.e., fear) that man will be eternally tormented or punished for a finite life, which is nowhere to be found in the Scriptures. Fear is not the controlling factor.
Its like I have said for years now, atheist all seem to have a fundamental mind set and they just can't shake it. Their arguments are exactly the same arguments we get from the fundy's.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Will we be conscious? Will we be in the presence of God? In Heaven?
Jimmie do you not see all the dancing you are doing in order to equate aionios with eternal and not with an age.

Again Gods eternal being is NOT TIED TO AIONIOS.

I don't know how else to say it Jimmie

Old 06-18-2018, 08:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
It's kind of unfortunate, and kind of funny, that you Christians just can't seem to get it together.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's kind of unfortunate, and kind of funny, that you Christians just can't seem to get it together.
Ya but the fundamentalists and atheists seem to have it all worked out together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity