Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:35 PM

277 posts, read 227,846 times

Advertisements

Most 'Christians' today believe the '70th week of Daniel' is a yet to be fulfilled time period... And an entire doctrine has been
built around that interpretation. Sadly, if people would just dig a little deeper into Scripture, they would see how false the 'delayed 70th week of Daniel' teaching is... Let's see what it was really about.

First, 70 weeks were determined (decreed) upon the people, and God gave them 69 weeks to get ready for the Messiah…

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

It clearly says they were given 69 weeks to get ready for Messiah, and then He would come-which means 69 weeks expired before Messiah was revealed.
Which also means Messiah came in the 70th week. To delay the 70th week means that Messiah has not yet come... The fact is-if Messiah did not come after the 69 weeks-in the 70th week, then the Daniel prophecy is incorrect.

Time did not stop when Jesus ministry started, so the ‘70th week’ would have been when His ministry took place. Jesus ministry ended in 3 1/2 years-(the middle of a week) and He was killed. His ‘cutting off’ confirmed the covenant with ‘many’.

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Daniel prophecy is also in Isaiah 53-compare the two:

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for
he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

and both of them match the New Testament perfectly...

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set
for the fall and rising again of many
in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against:

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus confirmed the covenant with ‘many’ and even alluded to the Daniel prophecy when He said '70x7'...

Remember, God gave the people 70 ‘weeks of years’ (70x7) to repent of sin and be forgiven.
Jesus was reminding them of that when He told Peter to forgive until ‘seventy times seven’:

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Jesus was confirming that God had given 70 x 7 to Israel for repentance. Therefore, if the entire '70 weeks' decreed by God was not given in Jesus time (ending with the stoning of Stephen), and the Kingdom was taken from them without a full '70x7', then God went back on His word. The whole seventy weeks had to be fulfilled or God’s word is not trustworthy... Likewise, to say a week still remains is calling God a liar, as well as Jesus a false teacher and not the Messiah who was to come.

To twist the scriptures, and make the Covenant into a 7 year tribulation-just to fit a pre-tribulation rapture scenario, is not ‘rightly dividing’ the scriptures. The 70 weeks was fulfilled when the kingdom was taken away from Israel and given to the gentiles... Nowhere in scripture does it say the last week would be delayed or that there will be 7 years of great tribulation. That whole doctrine is a FABLE.
It has been used to deceive people and bilk them out of billions of dollars! People had better go open their Bibles and quit listening to Satan's false teachers while there is still time to truly repent...

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

TC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 11:22 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post

Most 'Christians' today believe the '70th week of Daniel' is a yet to be fulfilled time period... And an entire doctrine has been
built around that interpretation. Sadly, if people would just dig a little deeper into Scripture, they would see how false the 'delayed 70th week of Daniel' teaching is... Let's see what it was really about.

First, 70 weeks were determined (decreed) upon the people, and God gave them 69 weeks to get ready for the Messiah…

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

It clearly says they were given 69 weeks to get ready for Messiah, and then He would come-which means 69 weeks expired before Messiah was revealed.
Which also means Messiah came in the 70th week. To delay the 70th week means that Messiah has not yet come... The fact is-if Messiah did not come after the 69 weeks-in the 70th week, then the Daniel prophecy is incorrect.

Time did not stop when Jesus ministry started, so the ‘70th week’ would have been when His ministry took place. Jesus ministry ended in 3 1/2 years-(the middle of a week) and He was killed. His ‘cutting off’ confirmed the covenant with ‘many’.

The Daniel prophecy is also in Isaiah 53-compare the two:

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for
he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set
for the fall and rising again of many
in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against:

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jesus confirmed the covenant with ‘many’ and even alluded to the Daniel prophecy when He said '70x7'...

Remember, God gave the people 70 ‘weeks of years’ (70x7) to repent of sin and be forgiven.
Jesus was reminding them of that when He told Peter to forgive until ‘seventy times seven’:

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Jesus was confirming that God had given 70 x 7 to Israel for repentance. Therefore, if the entire '70 weeks' decreed by God was not given in Jesus time (ending with the stoning of Stephen), and the Kingdom was taken from them without a full '70x7', then God went back on His word. The whole seventy weeks had to be fulfilled or God’s word is not trustworthy... Likewise, to say a week still remains is calling God a liar, as well as Jesus a false teacher and not the Messiah who was to come.

To twist the scriptures, and make the Covenant into a 7 year tribulation-just to fit a pre-tribulation rapture scenario, is not ‘rightly dividing’ the scriptures. The 70 weeks was fulfilled when the kingdom was taken away from Israel and given to the gentiles... Nowhere in scripture does it say the last week would be delayed or that there will be 7 years of great tribulation. That whole doctrine is a FABLE.
It has been used to deceive people and bilk them out of billions of dollars! People had better go open their Bibles and quit listening to Satan's false teachers while there is still time to truly repent...

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

TC
This is a long repetitive and somewhat vacuous discourse on a subject in which the author betrays his own incomplete knowledge of the subject. If this were a paper submitted for a course at a Bible college, I'd give it a D- rating. D for content and a minus for its blatant attempt to justify a false doctrine.

Daniel's remarks were in reference to the Hebrew Year of Jubilee demanded of God for observance written in the book of Leviticus. The author of the post above has confused himself as well as the reader by attempting to read something into Daniel's narrative that Daniel never intended. The aforementioned post is an attempt to justify a fictitious doctrine known as "the Tribulation". If you want to know what's really going on IN TIME, then you'll need to study Leviticus and its requirement of the Shemitah and Jubilee. It's a place to start, anyway.

The weeks of years Daniel writes about is a reference to Levitical law wherein the land, as well as those who lived upon it, were to be given certain considerations. I refer the reader to the book of Leviticus for personal study. Should you be so inclined, I suggest a limited study of the law with regard to gleaning some understanding of the Shemitah (pronounced shmee - tah), or sabbath year. Briefly stated a period of seven years was considered to be a week of years. Every seventh year was holy to the Lord and certain adjustments were demanded of civil law, cultivation of the land, and personal and public obligations. It was meant to be a social and practical RESET of society. It was supposed to be a year of rest! The problem began when the Hebrews refused to observe it.

To this day, Jews are famous for twisting the law and for denying the spirit of the law. If you have purchased a high end electric range for your home in recent years, it probably has a Jewish setting so as to play games with dietary law set forth in Leviticus. Consult your owner's manual or ask your appliance dealer about it.

Every cycle of seven Shemitah years (49) was to be culminated with a Year of Jubilee. Those who play with calculations will start to have trouble at this point. The fiftieth year was the year of Jubilee, but it was not necessarily an extra year. In some instances it lasted as long as 13 months - but I digress.

It was a year that was observed near the end of the 49th year and through most of the first year following the final seventh Shemitah year. Think of it as an overlay of sorts. The missing seventh year that Daniel writes about and which the original post attempts to explain is in fact a prophecy of its miscalculation. In point of fact, ancient Hebrew scholars and the Jewish scholars of today DO NOT know at what point on their calendars to begin the calculations because the point of reference has been lost. If you look carefully at the book of Daniel you'll see that the missing Jubilee year is critical for understanding predictions of the last days.

Even Jesus referred to this lost calendar. When He said that no man would know the day or the hour of His coming, He was making a direct reference to the lost calculations of the Shemitah and Jubilee years. If any man knew when those points in time actually happened, he would be able to sit down and fix the date on a piece of paper. By Jesus' time, however, everyone knew the point of reference had been lost in time. Jesus' statement was not philosophical, it was mathematical.

It should also be remembered that the Gregorian calendar (1 year=1 orbit of the earth around the sun), which most nations use today, was not accepted for use until the year 1582. Prior to that time civilization used a lunar calendar (1 year = 1 orbit of the moon around the earth). Islamic nations still do. The rubber crutch in the whole prophetic numbers game is that the ancient Hebrews used BOTH a lunar AND a solar calendar. If that doesn't fry your noodle I don't know what will.

The bottom line in the whole prophecy thing is that the Hebrews never respected or acted upon either the Shemitah year or the Year of Jubilee. For that reason, God visited judgment upon them. For the same reason, when God acts to judge the world for its sins He will do so in observance of the credit due by failure to comply upon the social and organic rest demanded in Leviticus. God will do it because man did not.

There's a great deal more to the story and I invite the reader to guide his or her studies along the line of the Levitical legal requirements for rest of the land and society. Additionally, I suggest studies of the Shemitah and its purposes as well as a major focus on the Year of Jubilee.

And when you're done with all that, Google the events of the years 1967-1968, specifically 1968 - then add 50 to the count of years. Make sure you have a clean change of underwear available when you do. I'll leave the cleanup up to you.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 06-03-2015 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM

277 posts, read 227,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
This is a long repetitive and somewhat vacuous discourse on a subject in which the author betrays his own inconsistent and incomplete knowledge of the subject. If this were a paper submitted for a course at a Bible college, I'd give it a D rating.

The weeks of years Daniel writes about is a reference to Levitical law wherein the land, as well as those who lived upon it, were to be given certain considerations. I refer the reader to the book of Leviticus for personal study. Should you be so inclined, I suggest a limited study of the law with regard to gleaning some understanding of the Shemitah (pronounced shmee - tah), or sabbath year. Briefly stated a period of seven years was considered to be a week of years. Every seventh year was holy to the Lord and certain adjustments were demanded of civil law, cultivation of the land, and personal and private obligations. It was meant to be a social and practical RESET of society. The problem began when the Hebrews refused to observe it.

Every cycle of seven Shemitah years (49) was to be culminated with a Year of Jubilee. Those who play with calculations will start to have trouble at this point. The fiftieth year was the year of Jubilee, but it was not necessarily an extra year. It was a year that was observed near the end of the 49th year and through most of the first year following the final seventh Shemitah year. Think of it as an overlay of sorts. The missing seventh year that Daniel writes about and which the original post attempts to explain is in fact a prophecy of its miscalculation. In point of fact, ancient Hebrew scholars and the Jewish scholars of today DO NOT know at what point on their calendars to begin the calculations because the point of reference has been lost. If you look carefully at the book of Daniel you'll see that the missing Jubilee year is critical for understanding predictions of the last days.

Even Jesus referred to this lost calendar. When He said that no man would know the day or the hour of His coming, He was making a direct reference to the lost calculations of the Shemitah and Jubilee years. If any man knew when those points in time actually happened, he would be able to sit down and fix the date on a piece of paper. By Jesus' time, however, everyone knew the point of reference had been lost in time.

It should also be remembered that the Gregorian calendar (1 year=1 orbit of the earth around the sun), which most nations use today, was not accepted for use until the year 1582. Prior to that time civilization used a lunar calendar (1 year = 1 orbit of the moon around the earth). Islamic nations still do. The rubber crutch in the whole prophetic numbers game is that the ancient Hebrews used BOTH a lunar AND a solar calendar. If that doesn't fry your noodle I don't know what will.

The bottom line in the whole prophecy thing is that the Hebrews never respected or acted upon either the Shemitah year or the Year of Jubilee. For that reason, God visited judgment upon them. For the same reason, when God acts to judge the world for its sins He will do so in observance of the credit due by failure to comply upon the social and organic rest demanded in Leviticus. God will do it because man did not.

There's a great deal more to the story and I invite the reader to guide his or her studies along the line of the Levitical legal requirements for rest of the land and society. Additionally, I suggest studies of the Shemitah and its purposes as well as a major focus on the Year of Jubilee.

And when you're done with all that, Google the events of the years 1967-1968, specifically 1968. Make sure you have a clean change of underwear available when you do. I'll leave the rest up to you.

Choir Loft, your words doth eat like a canker and they shall be a witness against you on Judgment day...

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

My prayer for you is that you repent and submit yourself to God before that day comes...

Sincerely,
TC

Old 06-03-2015, 02:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Choir Loft, your words doth eat like a canker and they shall be a witness against you on Judgment day...

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

My prayer for you is that you repent and submit yourself to God before that day comes...

Sincerely,
TC
Choir Loft, now ya done it! Ya done got cursed! LOL.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Nonono no The word is not "cursed," but "preyed over"...... not sure of the spelling (and no, I'm not talking about casting a spell.....really)

Old 06-04-2015, 06:42 PM

18,495 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Who knew that a stuffed tiger living in a grandfather clock in the Neighborhood of Make Believe could have written so much prophetic material.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:06 PM

125 posts, read 91,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
This is a long repetitive and somewhat vacuous discourse on a subject in which the author betrays his own incomplete knowledge of the subject. If this were a paper submitted for a course at a Bible college, I'd give it a D- rating. D for content and a minus for its blatant attempt to justify a false doctrine.

Daniel's remarks were in reference to the Hebrew Year of Jubilee demanded of God for observance written in the book of Leviticus. The author of the post above has confused himself as well as the reader by attempting to read something into Daniel's narrative that Daniel never intended. The aforementioned post is an attempt to justify a fictitious doctrine known as "the Tribulation". If you want to know what's really going on IN TIME, then you'll need to study Leviticus and its requirement of the Shemitah and Jubilee. It's a place to start, anyway.

The weeks of years Daniel writes about is a reference to Levitical law wherein the land, as well as those who lived upon it, were to be given certain considerations. I refer the reader to the book of Leviticus for personal study. Should you be so inclined, I suggest a limited study of the law with regard to gleaning some understanding of the Shemitah (pronounced shmee - tah), or sabbath year. Briefly stated a period of seven years was considered to be a week of years. Every seventh year was holy to the Lord and certain adjustments were demanded of civil law, cultivation of the land, and personal and public obligations. It was meant to be a social and practical RESET of society. It was supposed to be a year of rest! The problem began when the Hebrews refused to observe it.

To this day, Jews are famous for twisting the law and for denying the spirit of the law. If you have purchased a high end electric range for your home in recent years, it probably has a Jewish setting so as to play games with dietary law set forth in Leviticus. Consult your owner's manual or ask your appliance dealer about it.

Every cycle of seven Shemitah years (49) was to be culminated with a Year of Jubilee. Those who play with calculations will start to have trouble at this point. The fiftieth year was the year of Jubilee, but it was not necessarily an extra year. In some instances it lasted as long as 13 months - but I digress.

It was a year that was observed near the end of the 49th year and through most of the first year following the final seventh Shemitah year. Think of it as an overlay of sorts. The missing seventh year that Daniel writes about and which the original post attempts to explain is in fact a prophecy of its miscalculation. In point of fact, ancient Hebrew scholars and the Jewish scholars of today DO NOT know at what point on their calendars to begin the calculations because the point of reference has been lost. If you look carefully at the book of Daniel you'll see that the missing Jubilee year is critical for understanding predictions of the last days.

Even Jesus referred to this lost calendar. When He said that no man would know the day or the hour of His coming, He was making a direct reference to the lost calculations of the Shemitah and Jubilee years. If any man knew when those points in time actually happened, he would be able to sit down and fix the date on a piece of paper. By Jesus' time, however, everyone knew the point of reference had been lost in time. Jesus' statement was not philosophical, it was mathematical.

And when you're done with all that, Google the events of the years 1967-1968, specifically 1968 - then add 50 to the count of years. Make sure you have a clean change of underwear available when you do. I'll leave the cleanup up to you.

You have a very interesting take and it sounds plausible. Could you elaborate a bit more on the last section? The previous bits did indeed fry my noodle!

Thanks

Old 06-05-2015, 06:55 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
My TWO Cents about the future..well, actually Carl Sagan's..

Carl Sagan predicting the future: The future is here~
“I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.”
― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Old 07-19-2015, 02:25 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
To zthatzmanz28:

Carl Sagan was an atheist, but like most atheists of recent years had a good read of the condition and direction of society and its political pressures. Your quote is quite good, actually. Most Christian clerics are at least ten years behind current events when they make statements about social development. That's assuming they make any statement at all, which is rare.

America and the rest of western nations are experiencing a Culture War and we are losing. For a good read I recommend "Culture of Terror - the collapse of America" by Dr. Eugene E. Narrett. It isn't your usual grocery store rant.

To Thomasroane post #7: I'm not sure which part of my last section you want comment on, but I'll have a go anyway.

With regard to the events of 1967-1968, the entire globe experienced a paradigm shift in politics, and culture. The culture wars I referred to above began in the 60's. The toxic fruit of those times is ripening today. The reader would be well advised to sit down and do a Google search of the events of 1968. According to a NY Times journalist it was "just one g**amn thing after another."

The Hebrews never observed the Shemitah year or the Year of Jubilee. When the law and commandments (two separate things) were given by God through Moses, the prophet and leader of the Hebrew people predicted that if they did not observe the years of rest they would be evicted from the land. That's a poor paraphrase and I apologize. Read Deuteronomy for an exact quote of the Mosaic prophecy. Israel settled the promised land, but never observed shemitah or jubilee. God watched and when Judah, the surviving portion of the old Davidic Kingdom was taken to Babylon they paid the price for their omission. They stayed in Babylon for 70 years. One year for each jubilee they had omitted. When the tally was complete, God allowed them to return to their own land and rebuild. References made by Daniel to weeks of years coincide with the definition of shemitah and jubilee as do those of Jesus.

To Eusebius: Your words against my post were rather harsh, especially considering you had nothing to add except invective. My post is based upon Jewish law and a light, very short interpretation of it for consideration of the readership.

It does stand in contradiction to the common Protestant acceptance of the teachings of John Nelson Darby, inventor of the tribulation and rapture heresy and one time consort of witches. Google John Nelson Darby if you doubt me. Men like Hal Lindsey have made a living on this rubbish. He's also had to revise his 'predictions' many times since initial publication. It's not exactly a standard of reliability. Would you invest money according to his advice? hmmmm? I would not.

It is time to examine the Bible and more particularly Jewish law upon which all, repeat all, prophecy is based. Proper interpretation cannot be based upon fictional inventions and supermarket tabloid literature.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 07-19-2015 at 02:34 PM..

Old 07-20-2015, 09:04 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Most 'Christians' today believe the '70th week of Daniel' is a yet to be fulfilled time period... And an entire doctrine has been built around that interpretation. Sadly, if people would just dig a little deeper into Scripture, they would see how false the 'delayed 70th week of Daniel' teaching is... Let's see what it was really about.

24Seventy weeks [of years] have been decreed upon your people and upon the city of your Sanctuary to terminate the transgression and to end sin, and to expiate iniquity, and to bring eternal righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophet, and to anoint the Holy of Holies.

25And you shall know and understand that from the emergence of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until the anointed king [shall be] seven weeks, and [in] sixty-two weeks it will return and be built street and moat, but in troubled times.

26And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one will be cut off, and he will be no more, and the people of the coming monarch will destroy the city and the Sanctuary, and his end will come about by inundation, and until the end of the war, it will be cut off into desolation.

27And he will strengthen a covenant for the princes for one week, and half the week he will abolish sacrifice and meal- offering, and on high, among abominations, will be the dumb one, and until destruction and extermination befall the dumb one.

8From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off from the land of the living; because of the transgression of my people, a plague befell them.

12Therefore, I will allot him a portion in public, and with the strong he shall share plunder, because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.
Quote:

No they don't...

Quote:

You do know that verse is talking about the Anti-Christ, don't you?...

Quote:
Remember, God gave the people 70 ‘weeks of years’ (70x7) to repent of sin and be forgiven. Jesus was reminding them of that when He told Peter to forgive until ‘seventy times seven’:

Where in the world do you people come up with this stuff?...

Quote:

TC
7The wicked shall give up his way, and the man of iniquity his thoughts, and he shall return to the Lord, Who shall have mercy upon him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity