Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 01:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Words of God DO come from other sources. I've heard them--in song and sermon and testimony. If you haven't, it's because the Holy Spirit hasn't opened your ears.
Just got back from a wonderful trip to the UK. We walked Dove Dale in the Derbyshire Dales, all the Dales were singing a new song of praise to our God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 01:31 PM

33 posts, read 14,421 times
God does get offended, and He does demand righteousness.

Romans 12:17-21 - Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. (Read More...)

Isaiah 26:21 - For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Ezekiel 25:17 - And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Nahum 1:2-6 - God [is] jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and [is] furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth [wrath] for his enemies. (Read More...)

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:11-21 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. (Read More...)

2 Peter 2:9 - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Psalms 7:11 - God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.

Matthew 7:13-14 - Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (Read More...)

Psalms 75:8 - For in the hand of the LORD [there is] a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring [them] out, [and] drink [them].

Old 08-19-2018, 01:33 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusLovingBaptist98 View Post

Romans 12:17-21 - Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. (Read More...)

Isaiah 26:21 - For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Ezekiel 25:17 - And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Nahum 1:2-6 - God [is] jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and [is] furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth [wrath] for his enemies. (Read More...)

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:11-21 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. (Read More...)

2 Peter 2:9 - The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Psalms 7:11 - God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.

Matthew 7:13-14 - Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (Read More...)

Psalms 75:8 - For in the hand of the LORD [there is] a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring [them] out, [and] drink [them].
Thanks for posting that. I don't get how anyone claiming to be a Christian could make that assertion.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Just got back from a wonderful trip to the UK. We walked Dove Dale in the Derbyshire Dales, all the Dales were singing a new song of praise to our God.

I'm blessed to live in a place where birds sing all day and occasionally through the night.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:34 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I don't believe you. Why would you care what we think? There are people that believe in Bigfoot and post said beliefs on Bigfoot enthusiast message boards. I do not believe in Bigfoot so I do not post on those message boards, I don't care if someone else does, it has zero bearing on my life.

The real reason that you're here is because you're searching for something more meaningful, deeper and real. You know that no drug, sexual encounter, fame, fortune, money or educational achievement can fill that void in your heart. But God can. You are here for a reason, you are loved.
Some posters may not believe ss relations are Godly, therefore a band of posters has banded together to endlessly combat this line of belief. If you state you are literal Bible believer or refer to the Bible too often it may be taken by some that you're against ss.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:

If you, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand Psalms 130:3

If i being human can walk in love to a world fallen short of the glory that is it's heritage, then how much more your heavenly Father?.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:

It's passages like that, that reveal the smallness of the biblical god-thing and makes it impossible for intelligent, educated, empathetic people to believe in it. Any god worthy of a capital G wouldn't be so needy and petty.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Some posters may not believe ss relations are Godly, therefore a band of posters has banded together to endlessly combat this line belief. If you are literal Bible believer it taken by some that your against ss.
Are you talking about homosexuality? The Bible is plain as day that it's a sin, but so are my sins, no biggie. A homosexual won't go to hell because of what they did, they'll go to hell for what they didn't do; accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Same thing for the liar, thief, person who is jealous, etc. Some homosexuals are too hung up on their homosexuality.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand Psalms 130:3

If i being human can walk in love to a world fallen short of the glory that is it's heritage, then how much more your heavenly Father?.
The two are not mutually exclusive; you can love someone and be offended by their behavior. C'mom man, exercise some critical thinking.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's passages like that, that reveal the smallness of the biblical god-thing and makes it impossible for intelligent, educated, empathetic people to believe in it. Any god worthy of a capital G wouldn't be so needy and petty.
They marvelled at the gracious words that came out of HIS mouth.

There come a day when fundamentalists will loose this mental image of a God with a big beard boiling over with rage at the world for not obeying him like a dog, and realize it is they who are creating the world they themselves condemn by their own words . Death and Life are in the power of the tongue..... What should be coming out of their mouths is super abounding grace, but because they are sin conscious especially what they think is sin in others, what comes out their mouths is anything but grace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity