Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 02:09 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Zman, do you know actual churches who don’t do charity work?
There's are a lot of good work being doing throughout the whole world, christianity does not own the corner on this, so please do not use what a church maybe doing as some sort of proof of anything. Let's make this very clear, proof you have anything of any worth is by doing 3 things that God is approving of.... 1, Loving the world(that sadly so many bible believers condemn, remember God loved it, and telling it how awful it is is not loving it)... 2... Not only loving those that love you but love those that don't love you(there goes that concept if you don't love Jesus in return you will burn)....3 You have love one for another (You no longer step out of abiding in the love of God when a brother/sister offends you).

If your beliefs on these 3 points hit the mark, then and then only will i lend you an ear.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-12-2018 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 04:06 PM

63,943 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Let's hope that's not the mindset of most. But for those whom it is, it can't becoming from a heart that experiences much love or joy, and that is unfortunate for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very true Pleroo, when you live in the moment of knowing that you are absolutely loved and lose yourself in it, you just can't comprehend that the world is not loved in the same manner too. All these warnings and threats are only for those who although they say they are under grace are still under the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
On the bright side, for those of us who existed in that place most firmly and for any length of time, the experience of coming out from under it is almost indescribably amazing. Freeing, exhilarating, life-changing. And I expect the same experience for those who are still there, at some point.
That is the fervent hope of all who follow Christ's Gospel (Good News) of God's love! Your exchanges today, my brothers and sisters, make my heart sing!

Old 08-12-2018, 05:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,447,084 times
Quote:
Zman, do you know actual churches who don’t do charity work?
Promoting any Church for the "charity" work they do runs counter to Jesus direction, which when doing such is to NOT let your right hand know what your left is doing. When it is public there is no reward from God just man. Now not saying it is bad but that it is not evidence of God's spirit with any church. In most cases it is used to make people feel they are obeying Jesus when in fact they are not.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Is there a more frightened group of humans than Christian fundamentalists?

That was rhetorical...

Old 08-13-2018, 05:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,437,403 times
All those quote boxes Mystic did above

I know, what is it that people don't get ...demons, hell, adulterers everywhere, torture, end times, lake of fire...
I thought Jesus said spread the good news!
Fear not
cast your cares
Be anxious for nothing
Give him your burdens
ask, believe, receive
Do not worry
Call to me
John 16:23-4

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-13-2018 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add 'torture' !

Old 08-13-2018, 07:03 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
All those quote boxes Mystic did above

I know, what is it that people don't get ...demons, hell, adulterers everywhere, torture, end times, lake of fire...
I thought Jesus said spread the good news!
Fear not
cast your cares
Be anxious for nothing
Give him your burdens
ask, believe, receive
Do not worry
Call to me
John 16:23-4

He did, but the good news is GOOD because of the bad news. Judgement is coming, but Jesus took our judgement upon Himself and has rescued us from the penalty of sin.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whoa z-28....I never saw that Jewish quote....very sobering.
ellie wiesel's book NIGHT

Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 AM

88,701 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
ellie wiesel's book NIGHT
I think that everyone should be required to read Night. It is a short book, but I did not sleep well for a couple of days after reading it.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:34 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
He did, but the good news is GOOD because of the bad news. Judgement is coming, but Jesus took our judgement upon Himself and has rescued us from the penalty of sin.
The bad news is that so many people (especially some Christians, it seems) think God is keeping a record of wrongs and is planning to impose an eternal penalty and holds Godself separate from "sinners". The bad news is that they don't apparently realize that in God we all live and move and have our being, and that God is so near each one of us that there is no separation at all.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,437,403 times
Quote:
So there...BUT! why keep focusing on penalties? Or even sin or even any judgment?
Now, either there is good news in the Christian belief that Jesus took all sin past, present and future away...or else he did not.
It's like some are afraid to be joyous.

Shouldn't Christians happily spread that good news around! We have inherited his last will and testament....YAY!

What is the stickler? What is it that makes some concentrate on and harp on, pound into others
this fear of some hell and that God is the same ole OT God of punishment into eternity!

Can you tell me, jimmie? Take your time.

I see you as kind of a rep of Christianity, that I can speak with, sorry if I'm laying too much on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity