Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 AM

709 posts, read 378,181 times

Advertisements

"6. The voice of one saying, Cry. And one said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.

7. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, because the breath of Yahweh bloweth upon it; surely the people
is grass.

8. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; but the word of our God shall stand forever." (Isaiah 40)

And who ever keep hes word, will live forever. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 04:18 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Amen brother

LOL

Old 08-16-2018, 07:39 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
"but the word of our God shall stand forever." Amen. The very Word that many hate today, yet they'll be judged by it.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
"7. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, because the breath of Yahweh bloweth upon it; surely the people
is grass.
8. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; but the word of our God shall stand forever." (Isaiah 40)

Yes, true.

What is interesting is most think the word of God are words written on paper.
Ha, right here in Isaiah it mentions "the breath of Yahweh'...
THAT is the Word that will be forever and always was.

THAT is the Name we are not to take in vain...
THAT is the unpronounceable Word,
which is also the Holy Name...which Yaaaaahhhh-wwweeey itself is trying to imitate... Breath.
THIS is the Sound Current that vibrates within all Creation. Be still and listen.

Breathe in Yaaahhhh...breathe out weeeyyy....this is why meditators are told to concentrate on their breath...they don't even know this is our connection to the Infinite.

This is an esoteric knowledge not taught in the West that is slowly creeping into Christian awareness.
I am thrilled!
TWO TV preacher/teachers have even mentioned this already ...on TV! My mouth dropped.
Finally!

Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
"but the word of our God shall stand forever." Amen. The very Word that many hate today, yet they'll be judged by it.
Again, no one here 'hates' the Bible...many know it has alterations, mistakes in translations, has simply been tampered with by 'not perfect' men.

Am I wrong? Does anybody here 'hate' what is called "the very Word"...meaning the Bible?
I don't think Muslims hate the Bible.
Atheists don't.
They might get mad at what has been done in the name of the Bible, sure.

'hate and judged'...gosh, it's all over the Christian threads!
Hell, adulterers, sinners, torture...fear, warnings of doom...it's like ya can't see what you're spreading around.
This is not the Good News of Christ.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
"6. The voice of one saying, Cry. And one said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.

7. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, because the breath of Yahweh bloweth upon it; surely the people
is grass.

Define "word."

Old 08-16-2018, 09:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Again, no one here 'hates' the Bible...many know it has alterations, mistakes in translations, has simply been tampered with by 'not perfect' men.

Am I wrong? Does anybody here 'hate' what is called "the very Word"...meaning the Bible?
Atheists don't.

Hell, adulterers, sinners, torture...fear, warnings of doom...it's like ya can't see what you're spreading around.
The word is the bible? So the bible is the word.

Just have to ask, did Jesus only speak in scriptural quotes? Seems to me that when Jesus quoted scripture, it was for the sole purpose of proving current teaching / understanding as being wrong.

Did I miss the verses where Jesus ever agreed with the organized church / Pharisaical interpretation?

Old 08-16-2018, 03:05 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post

Atheists don't.

Jesus said nobody can serve two masters because you'll cling to one and hate the other. Therefore, the Bible is hated because people love their idols instead; anything placed above God, and God is His Word, is an idol, which includes your counterfeit love doctrine.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Jesus said nobody can serve two masters because you'll cling to one and hate the other. Therefore, the Bible is hated because people love their idols instead; anything placed above God, and God is His Word, is an idol, which includes your counterfeit love doctrine.
I have no doctrine, btw,...but I know what you're referring to.
We will just have to disagree on a loving God being truer or not, than
a fear based, sin consciousness, punitive God.

People don't hate the Bible, that I know of here...they don't agree with everything in it...no hate, tho.
No sense belaboring this...agreed? You're in your corner, I am in mine.
We can knock gloves and call it a day.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,401,842 times
Quote:
But calling a book God isn’t having an idol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity