Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 04:57 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him.
(6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7) For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

And the fear of God is...."
Now if you had faith, the size of a mustard seed, you could say to the mountain, go into the sea, and it would do so (Matthew 17:20). Maybe your faith is undermined by your false beliefs. It takes a double minded man to follow the false prophet Paul, and say he fears and follows the Word of God, which at the same time he nails the Word of God to the cross (2 Corinthians 2:14) . According to Paul, you have been "released from the Law" (Romans 7:6). According to Yeshua, not so much. (Matthew 5:17)

https://biblehub.com/matthew/17-20.htm

“Because you have so little faith,” He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Corinthians 2:…13When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses, 14 having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 07:50 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Now if you had faith, the size of a mustard seed, you could say to the mountain, go into the sea, and it would do so (Matthew 17:20). Maybe your faith is undermined by your false beliefs. It takes a double minded man to follow the false prophet Paul, and say he fears and follows the Word of God, which at the same time he nails the Word of God to the cross (2 Corinthians 2:14) . According to Paul, you have been "released from the Law" (Romans 7:6). According to Yeshua, not so much. (Matthew 5:17)

https://biblehub.com/matthew/17-20.htm

“Because you have so little faith,” He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Corinthians 2:…13When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses, 14 having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!
Keen eyes

"And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

God’s Wisdom Revealed by the Spirit
6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.'

Old 03-06-2019, 09:28 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Keen eyes

"And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

God’s Wisdom Revealed by the Spirit
6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[b]—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.'
Now what else would you expect a false prophet to say (1 Corinthians 2:10). Paul never game "trembling", and was quick to curse man and angels of heaven, and quick to throw stones and kill and persecute followers of Yeshua, and claim he loves God, or taken from Isaiah 64:4, "waits for Him". No Paul, was chosen by the LORD to "pasture" the "flock doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7 & 10), the Gentile church, and Satan was the one giving Paul presents, and taking his errant followers off his hands. Paul didn't use wisdom, but his double talk was enough to sway the double minded (James 1:8). No, we are now at the "end of the age", and the tare Paul, and his seed, is no longer under any protection (Matthew 13:27-29). HIs imbedded quote from Isaiah 64:4 is directed at "My people"/Israel (Isaiah 63:8-10) & (Joel 3:2), "who rebelled", and "him who rejoices in doing righteousness", "My own right arm" (Isaiah 63:5), and those who "have not perceived by ear".... "for we have sinned", and "Jerusalem a desolation" (Isaiah 64:4-10). The "nations"/Gentiles, the "adversaries", were to "tremble at Thy presence". Although they have eyes and ears, they cannot perceive (Isaiah 6:9-10), and that is why Yeshua came preaching in "parables" (Matthew 13:13-16), whereas only the "blessed" "see", and "hear" (Matthew 13:16), those not numbered among the wicked, the lawless (Daniel 12:10). The "blessed" will understand the "parables", and understand the "kingdom of heaven that is at hand. The lawlessness, will remain in the darkness, and follow the pied piper to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13). "Preserve justice, and do righteousness, for My salvation is about to come...blessed... who keeps from profaning the sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil" (Isaiah 56:1-2).

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...:4&version=NIV
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Now what else would you expect a false prophet to say (1 Corinthians 2:10). Paul never game "trembling", and was quick to curse man and angels of heaven, and quick to throw stones and kill and persecute followers of Yeshua, and claim he loves God, or taken from Isaiah 64:4, "waits for Him". No Paul, was chosen by the LORD to "pasture" the "flock doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7 & 10), the Gentile church, and Satan was the one giving Paul presents, and taking his errant followers off his hands. Paul didn't use wisdom, but his double talk was enough to sway the double minded (James 1:8). No, we are now at the "end of the age", and the tare Paul, and his seed, is no longer under any protection (Matthew 13:27-29). HIs imbedded quote from Isaiah 64:4 is directed at "My people"/Israel (Isaiah 63:8-10) & (Joel 3:2), "who rebelled", and "him who rejoices in doing righteousness", "My own right arm" (Isaiah 63:5), and those who "have not perceived by ear".... "for we have sinned", and "Jerusalem a desolation" (Isaiah 64:4-10). The "nations"/Gentiles, the "adversaries", were to "tremble at Thy presence". Although they have eyes and ears, they cannot perceive (Isaiah 6:9-10), and that is why Yeshua came preaching in "parables" (Matthew 13:13-16), whereas only the "blessed" "see", and "hear" (Matthew 13:16), those not numbered among the wicked, the lawless (Daniel 12:10). The "blessed" will understand the "parables", and understand the "kingdom of heaven that is at hand. The lawlessness, will remain in the darkness, and follow the pied piper to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13). "Preserve justice, and do righteousness, for My salvation is about to come...blessed... who keeps from profaning the sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil" (Isaiah 56:1-2).

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...:4&version=NIV
Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
Blessed are those who believe without seeing."

And ole sh'aul being struck bling for certain number of days was saved from utter destruction.
I can only imagine what atrocities the man was planning on that road.

Like I said, "murder is the unforgivable sin and slander is its companion.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
To say that God would do something evil, like that of eternal punishment is Blasphemy.
However, there are no eternal sins, therefore there is no sin which cannot be forgiven.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:45 PM

As much.
While every vile conversations are forced upon this board.
Take notice of the how murder is ignored.

Speak up for those in need and .....

Speak up against the murderer....

Speak up or else......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity