Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:52 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times

Advertisements

#4= Surround yourself with quality.

My wife & I met in a little Gospel church where from the very first day I knew God loved me & would take me to Himself. He did & what a journey it has been.

We later became a part of a fellowship of brethren from various quarters who eclipsed anything we could imagine in this mighty God of ours. One of those brethren was a man of apostle caliber. He spoke in a series of meetings on 1 single verse of Scripture for over 1 hr. each evening & at the end said, "Well let's just leave it there for now". I sat there and thought, this is the God I must follow. This brother was from Scotland, not that it matters, but I knew deep within, my days for mediocrity were ended.

Well, friends, we are a part of a fellowship of the Heavens joined with quality here & now, & with a vast company of those who have advanced to Glory.

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 06:56 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,029,001 times
#5 A present continuous experience in Him.

The word in koine Greek describes an experience that is past, present, and future all wrapped up in "be being".

Only the Source of our Life in this wonderful Realm of His, can bring about an experience that is to the uttermost edge of experience. That experience is what is penned in Scripture as being "saved to the uttermost"!

A scientist recently focused on one single dot he was drawn to in the vast heavens of millions of stars and galaxies. Do you know what he found? A whole world of more stars & galaxies!

I know not how many "stars" have been encountered in my walk with the Glorious One to date. I do know it has "dots" that point to great dimensions of further experience in His vastness.

May the Lord of Glory bless you and yours & the Household of faith of whom we are a small part!

Are our broadest hopes broad enough? Shall there be a nook or abyss, in all the universe of God, finally unlightened by the Cross? Shall there be a sin, or sorrow, or pain unhealed? Is the very universe, is creation in all its extent, a field wide enough for the Son of God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity