Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:50 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Devarim(deuteronomy 25

If there is a quarrel between men, and they approach the tribunal, and they [the judges] judge them, and they acquit the innocent one and condemn the guilty one אכִּי־יִֽהְיֶ֥ה רִיב֙ בֵּ֣ין אֲנָשִׁ֔ים וְנִגְּשׁ֥וּ אֶל־הַמִּשְׁפָּ֖ט וּשְׁפָט֑וּם וְהִצְדִּ֨יקוּ֙ אֶת־הַצַּדִּ֔יק וְהִרְשִׁ֖יעוּ אֶת־הָֽרָשָֽׁע:

2 and it shall be, if the guilty one has incurred [the penalty of] lashes, that the judge shall make him lean over and flog him in front of him, commensurate with his crime, in number. בוְהָיָ֛ה אִם־בִּ֥ן הַכּ֖וֹת הָֽרָשָׁ֑ע וְהִפִּיל֤וֹ הַשֹּׁפֵט֙ וְהִכָּ֣הוּ לְפָנָ֔יו כְּדֵ֥י רִשְׁעָת֖וֹ בְּמִסְפָּֽר:

3 He shall flog him with forty [lashes]; he shall not exceed, lest he give him a much more severe flogging than these [forty lashes], and your brother will be degraded before your eyes. גאַרְבָּעִ֥ים יַכֶּ֖נּוּ לֹ֣א יֹסִ֑יף פֶּן־יֹסִ֨יף לְהַכֹּת֤וֹ עַל־אֵ֨לֶּה֙ מַכָּ֣ה רַבָּ֔ה וְנִקְלָ֥ה אָחִ֖יךָ לְעֵינֶֽיךָ:

4 You shall not muzzle an ox when it is threshing [the grain]. דלֹֽא־תַחְסֹ֥ם שׁ֖וֹר בְּדִישֽׁוֹ:

Sheer and Benign,
I was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me Understand a little more about the Fruits of self discipline and discernment.
Perhaps if someone would be so kind as to expound on This with scripture.
Thankyou to all who also would like to contribute with their personal perspective also.

Blessings Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 03:58 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Good subject

First OT, Job 24:9 "They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.

Job 24:10 "They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaf from the hungry;

Job 24:11 "Which make oil within their walls, and tread their winepresses, and suffer thirst.

Job 24:12 "Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.

Now the NT
James 2:14 "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:15 "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

James 2:16 "And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Good subject

First OT, Job 24:9 "They pluck the fatherless from the breast, and take a pledge of the poor.

Job 24:10 "They cause him to go naked without clothing, and they take away the sheaf from the hungry;

Job 24:11 "Which make oil within their walls, and tread their winepresses, and suffer thirst.

Job 24:12 "Men groan from out of the city, and the soul of the wounded crieth out: yet God layeth not folly to them.

Now the NT
James 2:14 "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:15 "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

James 2:16 "And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

James 2:17 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

PICYJAG.
Amen
Thankyou 101

Old 10-18-2018, 05:31 PM

would anyone else be so kind as to contribute something from scripture that speaks to their heart.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:41 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Devarim(deuteronomy 25

If there is a quarrel between men, and they approach the tribunal, and they [the judges] judge them, and they acquit the innocent one and condemn the guilty one אכִּי־יִֽהְיֶ֥ה רִיב֙ בֵּ֣ין אֲנָשִׁ֔ים וְנִגְּשׁ֥וּ אֶל־הַמִּשְׁפָּ֖ט וּשְׁפָט֑וּם וְהִצְדִּ֨יקוּ֙ אֶת־הַצַּדִּ֔יק וְהִרְשִׁ֖יעוּ אֶת־הָֽרָשָֽׁע:

2 and it shall be, if the guilty one has incurred [the penalty of] lashes, that the judge shall make him lean over and flog him in front of him, commensurate with his crime, in number. בוְהָיָ֛ה אִם־בִּ֥ן הַכּ֖וֹת הָֽרָשָׁ֑ע וְהִפִּיל֤וֹ הַשֹּׁפֵט֙ וְהִכָּ֣הוּ לְפָנָ֔יו כְּדֵ֥י רִשְׁעָת֖וֹ בְּמִסְפָּֽר:

3 He shall flog him with forty [lashes]; he shall not exceed, lest he give him a much more severe flogging than these [forty lashes], and your brother will be degraded before your eyes. גאַרְבָּעִ֥ים יַכֶּ֖נּוּ לֹ֣א יֹסִ֑יף פֶּן־יֹסִ֨יף לְהַכֹּת֤וֹ עַל־אֵ֨לֶּה֙ מַכָּ֣ה רַבָּ֔ה וְנִקְלָ֥ה אָחִ֖יךָ לְעֵינֶֽיךָ:

4 You shall not muzzle an ox when it is threshing [the grain]. דלֹֽא־תַחְסֹ֥ם שׁ֖וֹר בְּדִישֽׁוֹ:

Sheer and Benign,
I was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to help me Understand a little more about the Fruits of self discipline and discernment.
Perhaps if someone would be so kind as to expound on This with scripture.
Thankyou to all who also would like to contribute with their personal perspective also.

Blessings Always.
I WAS THINKING MORE LIKE

1Co 6:7

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded?

MOST OF THE TIME IT IS GOOD TO LET GOD PAY YOU BACK ANYTHING YOU HAVE LOST...
AND ASK THE MAN TO MAKE IT RIGHT WHEN HE CAN.

I WOULD, OF COURSE, LET THEM STRAP HIM DOWN IF IT WAS NOT TO MY HARM BUT SOMEONE ELSE'S HARM . I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO FORGIVEN HIM FOR THEM.
BUT I WOULD BEG THEM TO THEN FORGIVE HIM AND MAKE THEM TAKE HIS CHAINS OFF EVEN IF HE RECEIVED EVEN ONE STRIPE. IF IT WAS A CAPITAL TYPE OF WRONG-ING ( THEFT AND MAYBE EVEN THINGS LIKE RAPE, KILLED AN INNOCENT / IN THE WOMB ETC.. ). I WOULD DO THAT SO HE REMEMBERED AND THEY REMEMBERED WHAT HE COULD HAVE RECEIVED.. SO HE DOESN'T DO IT AGAIN TO SOMEONE ELSE. OR IS A LOT MORE CAREFUL.
REMEMBER GOD LOVED DAVID TO THE UTMOST.. AND HAD TO FIX HIS FANNY A FEW TIMES OF SOME VERY SERIOUS OFFENCES.

LIKE MY PASTOR KEEPS TELLING US" GOD 'S JUDGMENT IS FOR OUR CORRECTION" .. HIS WRATH IS JUST THAT. WRATH ISN'T HIM TRYING TO FIX ANYONE, IT IS JUST TO END A VERY SORE AND LONG LASTING SUBJECT ABOUT REBELLION AND HARMING OTHERS .
A BEATING ISN'T WRATH, IT SURE IS ABOUT JUDGMENT. AND SOMETIMES IT IS NEEDED AND SOMETIMES FORGIVENESS IS WAY WAY MORE NEEDED.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-18-2018 at 06:10 PM..

Old 10-18-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I WAS THINKING MORE LIKE

1Co 6:7

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded?

MOST OF THE TIME IT IS GOOD TO LET GOD YOU BACK.
AND ASK THE MAN TO MAKE IT RIGHT WHEN HE CAN.

I WOULD, OF COURSE, LET THEM STRAP HIM DOWN. THEN FORGIVE HIM AND MAKE THEM TAKE HIS CHAINS OFF IF IT WAS A CAPITAL TYPE OF WRONG-ING ( THEFT AND MAYBE EVEN THINGS LIKE RAPE, KILLED AND INNOCENT ). I WOULD DO THAT SO HE REMEMBERED WHAT HE COULD HAVE RECEIVED.. SO HE DOESN'T DO IT AGAIN TO SOMEONE ELSE. OR IS A LOT MORE CAREFUL..

LIKE MY PASTOR KEEPS TELLING US" GOD 'S JUDGMENT IS FOR OUR CORRECTION" .. HIS WRATH IS JUST THAT. WRATH ISN'T HIM TRYING TO FIX ANYONE, IT IS JUST TO END A VERY SORE AND LONG LASTING SUBJECT ABOUT REBELLION AND HARM...
A BEATING ISN'T WRATH, IT SURE IS ABOUT JUDGMENT. AND SOMETIMES IT IS NEEDED AND SOMETIMES FORGIVENESS IS WAY WAY MORE NEEDED.
Ah, yes
There's that word forgiveness.
Times 7 was it?

A gift to a laborer with 12 oxen is like 7 rows plowed.
This year is special indeed.

Blessed be the Name
Amen

Old 10-18-2018, 05:57 PM

I hope there will be many more that find a scripture that speaks to their heart. And they are welcome to share here.

Blessings Always

Old 10-18-2018, 06:06 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
ah, yes
there's that word forgiveness.
Times 7 was it?

A gift to a laborer with 12 oxen is like 7 rows plowed.
This year is special indeed.

Blessed be the name
amen
I changed my answer pin for clarity sake.. You might want to reread mine. Thanks.
PERSONALLY I WOULD PREFER TO ALWAYS ERR TOWARDS TO MUCH FORGIVENESS. AS DOES OUR GOD.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I changed my answer pin for clarity sake.. You might want to reread mine. Thanks.
PERSONALLY I WOULD PREFER TO ALWAYS ERR TOWARDS TO MUCH FORGIVENESS. AS DOES OUR GOD.
Same here,
And to suffer at the hands of those who have taken kindness for weakness has taught me a valuable lesson about forgiveness.

Though I keep forgiveness close to the heart,
I will no longer tolerate abuse of charity.

The fruit of patience is a treasure that should not be taken advantage of.

You are a blessing and don't ever forget it sis.
Luv u.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
A strength in forgiveness
Amen.

I imagine ole Samson of The tribe of Dan having his patience tested. Something that shouldn't have been done to a man who fought for yhdh.

Such pain of losing a wife and child because of a father in law has to be the most painful thing ever.
Ouch,
Can you imagine the pain Yeshua felt in knowing who would betray him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity