Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 04:05 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times

Advertisements

no.
he came back.
took who he wanted with him.
we are the left behinds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 04:09 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nice Magic Words To Jesus! You are completely covered! You now qualify for a Deluxe Suite* at the Heavenly Hilton!

*Deluxe Suites have a bonus copy of Gideon's in the nightstand.
You would think that if the Holy spirit was teaching everyone who claims he is, he should at least teach them the same religion right?

Old 10-24-2018, 04:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You would think that if the Holy spirit was teaching everyone who claims he is, he should at least teach them the same religion right?
Yes, if they taught the life germ within that grain of corn rather than the grain of corn itself.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:37 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I really don't care whether you think there is a rapture or not, wannabe teacher.
it makes no diffrence if you or I believe or not in a rapture. but the scriptures are clear.

and as for as a wannabe teacher, I can't teach youy nothing, not trying to, only God, and you're not listening to him... so if there is a wannabe then its a wannabe student....

as our saviour said, Matthew 10:14 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet". shake shake

I rest in Revelation 22:11. ...

PICYJAG.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:48 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
it makes no diffrence if you or I believe or not in a rapture. but the scriptures are clear.

and as for as a wannabe teacher, I can't teach youy nothing, not trying to, only God, and you're not listening to him... so if there is a wannabe then its a wannabe student....

as our saviour said, Matthew 10:14 "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet". shake shake

I rest in Revelation 22:11. ...

PICYJAG.
As I said, wannabe teacher, I don't care whether you believe the Bible teaches a rapture or not.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
As I said, wannabe teacher, I don't care whether you believe the Bible teaches a rapture or not.
well it don't ......

now if you're a christian, why are you mad?

PICYJAG.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus did come after the cross at Pentecost in the Upper room of Acts 2 and through every believer born of HIS spirit , where Jesus lives through God spirit ... He will also come again to put the antichrist down, the false prophet and the beast and to followers down at the end of this dispensation ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Is that what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 24, Pentecost? When he said the world would see Him at His appearing in the sky?
When Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation, it will be bodily and He will set foot on the Mount of Olives as stated in Zechariah 14:3-4 where it mentions that the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations (that are attacking Jerusalem) and His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. The Mount of Olives is where Jesus ascended into heaven from as stated in Acts 1:9-12.

Seven plus years prior to that since the Tribulation won't begin immediately after the rapture, Jesus will return to the clouds and resurrect and rapture the church as stated in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17.

At Pentecost, 50 days after the resurrection of Christ, the Church-age began and at that time Jesus began to universally indwell all Church-age believers, as did the Holy Spirit. Both Jesus and the Holy Spirit indwell all Church-age believers. So in the sense that Jesus began to indwell all Church-age believers on the Day of Pentecost, you could in a sense refer to that as a spiritual return.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
When Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation, it will be bodily and He will set foot on the Mount of Olives as stated in Zechariah 14:3-4 where it mentions that the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations (that are attacking Jerusalem) and His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. The Mount of Olives is where Jesus ascended into heaven from as stated in Acts 1:9-12.

Seven years prior to that, Jesus will return to the clouds and resurrect and rapture the church as stated in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17. At Pentecost, 50 days after the resurrection of Christ, the Church-age began and at that time Jesus began to universally indwell all Church-age believers, as did the Holy Spirit. Both Jesus and the Holy Spirit indwell all Church-age believers. So in the sense that Jesus began to indwell all Church-age believers on the Day of Pentecost, you could in a sense refer to that as a spiritual return.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Now, Revelation 20:4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Revelation 20:7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Revelation 20:8 "And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Revelation 20:9 "And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

if there is a rapture back to heaven then there is three returns of Christ.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:27 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Fairy tales, there is no rapture, there is no escaping the fire, and you are already in your 7 years, the rapture was invented, it certainly has no basis in scripture ESPECIALLY since is is speaking of the last trump of Rosh Hashanah and we know what happens on Rosh Hashanah, there isn't a single scripture for a rapture or a 7 year tribulation.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Fairy tales, there is no rapture, there is no escaping the fire, and you are already in your 7 years, the rapture was invented, it certainly has no basis in scripture ESPECIALLY since is is speaking of the last trump of Rosh Hashanah and we know what happens on Rosh Hashanah, there isn't a single scripture for a rapture or a 7 year tribulation.
The catching up of the church in 1 Thess. 4:17 IS the rapture of the church. The English word 'Rapture' is taken from the Latin word 'rapiemur'
Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur c um illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aëra, et sic semper c um Domino erimus. [Latin: Vulgata]
which is the Latin translation of the Greek word 'ἁρπάζω' - 'harpazó' which means to snatch away, to seize, to take away, and which is usually translated as 'caught up' in English translations. The rapture of the church is the catching up of the church to which Paul refers in 1 Thess. 4:17. Scholars have noted a parallel with John 14:1-3 where Jesus tells the disciples that He is going to His Fathers house to prepare a place for them that where He is, they may also be.
The Rapture and John 14 :: by Thomas Ice

A significant number of commentators note that our Lord’s statements in John 14:1-3 parallels another New Testament passage—1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. Renald Showers points out a number of similarities between the two passages. However, it was the late Mennonite commentator, J. B. Smith, who demonstrated just how extensive the relationship of these two passages really are.

Dr. Smith made word-for-word comparisons between the Rapture passage (1 Thess. 4:13-18) and a clear Second Advent text (Rev. 19:11-21) and found no significant parallels. “Hence it is impossible that one sentence or even one phrase can be alike in the two lists,” observes Dr. Smith. “And finally not one word in the two lists is used in the same relation or connection.” He goes on to conclude that “It would be difficult if not impossible to find elsewhere any two important passages of Scripture that are so diverse in the words employed and so opposite in their implications. . . . We believe the comparison of the words of these two passages . . . describe different events.”

Read more: https://www.raptureready.com/2010/08...by-thomas-ice/
The Bible plainly speaks of a rapture of the church which is a different event than the return of Christ at the end of the Tribulation. And while theologians may and do disagree on the timing of the rapture (before, during, or after the Tribulation), relatively few Christians deny a rapture altogether. Those who do simply don't know what they're talking about. And as stated, I hold to the pre-tribulational view. And I know why I do.

Oh, and the Bible does indeed speak of a seven year Tribulation.

Last edited by Michael Way; 10-24-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity