Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 08:35 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,409,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I don't know how to be anymore honest or what exactly you're wanting from me. I don't believe you're suppose to be handing out Halloween candy.
It appears to me you take issue with anyone who is not a bible fundamentalist, but you are not saying you are in agreement with them. If you have issue with those who are not fundamentalist in their view, then give your reason why. Otherwise go and find a topic where you willing to share your view.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:37 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,444,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post

As for we the living, at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 the figurative humble ' sheep ' and the haughty ' goats ' are going to be judged on how they have treated Jesus' spiritual brothers' alive on Earth at this time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Let me guess: you are one of Jesus' spiritual brothers.
Quote:
I like ' terra firma ' (Earth) and don't want to leave it.
Those called to Heaven (like those of Luke 22:28-30) have that heavenly calling - Revelation 2:10
I hope to be counted as one of Jesus' 'sheep' at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Quote:
Who do you believe are Jesus' spiritual brothers?
Quote:
In a general sense Christianity is a brotherhood, so Christians are all brothers and sisters in the household of God.
So you would consider yourself one of Jesus' "spiritual brothers" and the "goats" are going to be judged based on how they treated you?

Quote:
Since God does the calling then it is between the called one and God who is called to Heaven and who stays on Earth.
One clue we have is when Jesus was baptized because at his point of baptism the ' heavens were opened up ' to him.
- Mark 1:9-11; Luke 4:1; Luke 3:22. Opened up to reveal heavenly life for Jesus.
Others called to heavenly life are to govern with Jesus, and are led by God's spirit as per Romans 8:14-17, 23, 26-27 as being joint-heirs with Christ (co-rulers - Rev. 5:9-10).
They are the holy ones or saints Daniel prophesied about at Daniel 7:18, 22, 25, 27. So Jesus does Not govern alone.
God adopts or does the choosing as to who are Jesus' heavenly brothers, including those 'brothers' of Matthew 25:40 who are still alive on Earth before or during the coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,40.
Since the word ' brothers' can mean men and women, then woman also compose that heavenly group - Galatians 3:28-29.
Thus, I believe the ones God chooses, He reveals at one's baptism who are either called to Heaven or Earth at that time.
So, if one likes it here, that to me indicates you are chosen to be a humble ' sheep ' to remain on Earth right into calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Okay, so Jesus' "heavenly brothers" are a sort of higher class within Jesus' "spiritual brothers"? But you said it's the treatment of the people you believe are Jesus' spiritual brothers (JW's (?) like yourself) as a whole upon which God will judge everyone else.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:40 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,029,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It appears to me you take issue with anyone who is not a bible fundamentalist, but you are not saying you are in agreement with them. If you have issue with those who are not fundamentalist in their view, then give your reason why. Otherwise go and find a topic where you willing to share your view.
I don't take issue with anyone personally. What I do take issue with is that is Christianity forum but the Bible is predominately labeled hate speech. I'm not looking to change this because I believe the Bible is a fractured journal. I'd just like to research what's available. This is not place for that, but one does need to understand they may be unknowingly participating in hate speech that can come back to bite them in future, i.e Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I don't take issue with anyone personally. What I do take issue with is that is Christianity forum but the Bible is predominately labeled hate speech. I'm not looking to change this because I believe the Bible is a fractured journal. I'd just like to research what's available. This is not place for that, but one does need to understand they may be unknowingly participating in hate speech that can come back to bite them in future, i.e Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright.
I have never heard anyone who believes call the Bible hate speech That is just in your head.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:49 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,029,586 times
Quote:
I have never heard anyone who believes call the Bible hate speech That is just in your head.
Right.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
So you would consider yourself one of Jesus' "spiritual brothers" and the "goats" are going to be judged based on how they treated you?

Okay, so Jesus' "heavenly brothers" are a sort of higher class within Jesus' "spiritual brothers"? But you said it's the treatment of the people you believe are Jesus' spiritual brothers (JW's (?) like yourself) as a whole upon which God will judge everyone else.
Perish the thought that Jesus Christ is the true identity of us all, but we are either ignorant of it, don’t believe it, or worse still think it is blasphemous to entertain such a thought .

Old 12-08-2018, 09:40 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,494,743 times
Quote:
I never have either. I never thought of the Bible and hate together.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:41 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,444,063 times
Quote:
Perish the thought that Jesus Christ is the true identity of us all, but we are either ignorant of it, don’t believe it, or worse still think it is blasphemous to entertain such a thought .

That is one of the ramifications of some Christian dogma: it has the potential to instill a sort of elitist separatism into it's believers. Fortunately, the majority of Christian sects have a competing principle that God loves all people, which has the potential to offset or neutralize that.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:35 AM

23,283 posts, read 10,587,883 times
It is called justice and fairness, you live your life just going about your days as everyone else, and then there are people who sacrifice everything for God, people dying for God, people selling all they own to give to the poor and spend their whole lives serving others, these people recieve reward.

God does love everyone but he would not be a fair God is he treated everyone the same, everyone has salvation, but not everyone deserves reward, it would not be right and God would be unjust if he treated all people the same.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:52 AM

11,961 posts, read 3,780,672 times
Quote:
It can be the place for it actually if you guys would stay on topic instead of bickering.

I don’t see that the bible is predominantly labelled hate speech, and I believe like you that the bible is a fractured journal.

My view is that the contents of the bible are inspired, and are mostly prophetic in nature....

There are things in there that if taken literally do give God a bad name

Last edited by Meerkat2; 12-08-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity