Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 07:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,647,988 times

Advertisements

Well, I don't think that site is lying since the LDS learning center says the same thing.

Only those who do a long list of things Dwell with God - others are relegated to being visited by sometimes or not at all, but by Jesus, etc. Depending on their level of adherence to the Gospel according to Joseph Smith.

https://www.lds.org/topics/kingdoms-of-glory?lang=eng

Non-Mormon Christians do not have to do all those things to dwell in the presence of God eternally. We only have to believe in Jesus. Again, that is the entire point of the OP. He was so grateful to learn that!

At least that is what we believe. A Mormon missionary would attempt to correct us on that. As the man in the OP tried to explain to the Baptist congregation who said oh hey, no. Read the NT. It doesn't say that. It says you're going to dwell in the house of the Lord forever no matter what. You do not have to learn secret handshakes or be temple married or any of that.

The LDS learning center says one cannot attain the level of the Celestial Kingdom, the only level where one may dwell with God, w/o all of that.

So the excruciating of Mormons who can't find a partner to do that with is extremely real. It is not a lie. It is right there in the D&C.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:41 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,148,198 times
Jencam,
Why do you find it necessary to blast other religions than your own that you do not fully understand? or even if you did understand, which you don't.
and the Gospel is the Gospel of Jesus Christ no of Joseph Smith.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:56 PM

64,055 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Jencam,
Why do you find it necessary to blast other religions than your own that you do not fully understand? or even if you did understand, which you don't.
Jencam,
What do you NOT understand about the TOS? You can NOT attack other Christian churches no matter what they believe as long as they follow Christ, they are Christian here. You are entitled to believe what you wish about Christ as does every other Christian here in the forum. Stop bashing Mormons.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Jencam,
I think I do understand. To reach the Celestial Kingdom, one has to follow all the ordinances of the Mormon church.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jencam,
What do you NOT understand about the TOS? You can NOT attack other Christian churches no matter what they believe as long as they follow Christ, they are Christian here. You are entitled to believe what you wish about Christ as does every other Christian here in the forum. Stop bashing Mormons.
I'm not bashing Mormons. Discussing differences in theology occurs all throughout this section. I am increasing my knowledge though. It's very interesting.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:40 PM

11,948 posts, read 3,774,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I'm not bashing Mormons. Discussing differences in theology occurs all throughout this section. I am increasing my knowledge though. It's very interesting.
It is good to question and learn, however everyone is at a different stage

It seems to me that the video that you posted as your ‘poster child’ is based on the divisive us/them mentality prevalent in Christianity.....mormons =bad=do not have truth vs Baptist or Pentecostal or xxxx =good=do have the truth, that is the issue that people are discussing. To me it seems that It doesn’t matter which denomination of Christianity you belong to none of them in the flesh have attained the full measure of Christ

Divisions in the Church

1Co 1:10 Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you all say the same thing, and there be no divisions among you, but you be united in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 1:11 For concerning you, my brothers, it was shown to me by those of Chloe that there are strifes among you.
1Co 1:12 But I say this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Has Christ been divided
? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?

Eph 4:10 He that came down is the same who also went up above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.
Eph 4:11 And indeed He gave some to be apostles; and some prophets; and some evangelists; and some pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 with a view to the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ,

Eph 4:13 until we all may come to the unity of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be infants, being blown and carried about by every wind of doctrine, in the sleight of men, in craftiness to the deceit of error,

The whole religion of Christianity (which springs from the inspirations in the Hebrew Scriptures in relation to the Christ/Messiah) is a very divided entity (many houses/dwellings) ‘in my fathers house are many mansions (dwellings)’

Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,457,670 times
Quote:
I think I do understand. To reach the Celestial Kingdom, one has to follow all the ordinances of the Mormon church.
If, God is infinite, then it is possible that there are infinite heavens; not just one where every Christian will be sitting on their butts. However, I was wondering who will volunteer to clean the toilets in this mansion? Will it be You? If so, I am going to leave a deposit worthy of your calling.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
It is good to question and learn, however everyone is at a different stage
I don't think we are ever done. The saying I learn something new everyday is true. And I learn something new about any topic I discuss every time I discuss it.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If, God is infinite, then it is possible that there are infinite heavens; not just one where every Christian will be sitting on their butts. However, I was wondering who will volunteer to clean the toilets in this mansion? Will it be You? If so, I am going to leave a deposit worthy of your calling.
Wow. I see I am going to have to create an 'ignore' list. I have no idea where this sort of maliciousness is coming from.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:37 PM

11,948 posts, read 3,774,194 times
Quote:
I don't think we are ever done. The saying I learn something new everyday is true. And I learn something new about any topic I discuss every time I discuss it.
Yep, I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.