Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 01:50 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,713,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Does Butte HAVE 3 Subways?
Out of curiosity I looked and yes they do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 02:47 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,136,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
If I go there do you think I would get to meet Elvis?
What makes you think he went in that direction?

Old 01-06-2019, 03:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
What makes you think he went in that direction?
Because everyone goes to the same place. Only the duration and comfort of the journey varies.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:57 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,976,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because everyone goes to the same place. Only the duration and comfort of the journey varies.
Since the humble meek people inherit the Earth, then No everyone does Not go to the same place.
Since the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' (Psalms 92:7) then No everyone does Not go to the same place.
Remember: Jesus' ransom covers 'MANY' and does Not say everyone at Matthew 20:28.
Those who died before Jesus died will Not be resurrected to Heaven - John 3:13
( which includes people like King David (Acts 2:34) and John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11) besides Daniel (Dan.12:13),
then they can be part of a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection during Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Plus, the living figurative humble ' sheep ' alive on Earth at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 do Not ascend to Heaven,
but can become part of the humble meek people who inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 ; Psalm 37:9-11,29. -Proverbs 2:21-22.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:05 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,976,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
If I go there do you think I would get to meet Elvis?
True, death is the price tag that sin pays as per Romans 6:23, but as to being resurrected to Heaven is another matter.
Heaven is for those like the ones of Daniel 7:18 which are the 'saints' or 'holy ones' like those of Luke 22:28-30.

So, Elvis can have a happy-and-healthy future resurrection on Resurrection Day (meaning Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth) then there is the possibility of meeting Elvis at that thousand-year day.
This is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there 'is going to be ' a resurrection......
That 'future resurrection' will also include Daniel (12:13) John the Baptist (Mt. 11:11) and King David (Acts 2:34)
Thus, it seems to me, so to speak, dead Elvis is in their good company........

Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 PM

63,856 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:

Old 01-11-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since the humble meek people inherit the Earth, then No everyone does Not go to the same place.
Since the wicked will be 'destroyed forever' (Psalms 92:7) then No everyone does Not go to the same place.
Remember: Jesus' ransom covers 'MANY' and does Not say everyone at Matthew 20:28.
Those who died before Jesus died will Not be resurrected to Heaven - John 3:13
( which includes people like King David (Acts 2:34) and John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11) besides Daniel (Dan.12:13),
then they can be part of a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection during Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
Plus, the living figurative humble ' sheep ' alive on Earth at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 do Not ascend to Heaven,
but can become part of the humble meek people who inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 ; Psalm 37:9-11,29. -Proverbs 2:21-22.
I understand some people need spiritual crutches and the bible works for many.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:53 AM

192 posts, read 186,983 times
Quote:
What do you base this opinion on because that's not what God says in His Word. So, if God Himself says that not everyone will go to heaven (as well as saying that the duration of heaven and hell are both "eternal," which means never ending), then what god are you believing in because it's not the God of the Bible who created not only people, but heaven and hell.

If you had posted this in the New Age, or some other forum, I wouldn't even bother replying but, since it's listed in Christianity, which is grounded in the scriptures alone, then I'm curious what this erroneous belief is rooted in.

I could list many scriptures that factually (and biblically, in context) deal with who goes to heaven and hell. It doesn't take a theologian to understand them. But, here's just one. Jesus's own words in Matthew 7.

Matthew 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"

These, in my opinion, are the most horrifying words in all of scripture because they warn that so, so many people who profess "Christians" and are expecting entrance into heaven, are going to be in for the shock of their lives to learn differently. Not everyone who claims to be a Christian actually is one. Christianity is defined by no person. Only God and He says who they are in His Word.

In fact, God says that fewer folks will go to heaven than those who end up in hell. (Also found in more than one place in the scriptures.)

Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

And those who try to get into heaven by any other means than the way that God has mandated are thieves and robbers. (Read Matthew 10, also Jesus's own words.)

Old 01-12-2019, 08:06 AM

192 posts, read 186,983 times
Quote:
I understand some people need spiritual crutches and the bible works for many.
Do you believe yourself to be a Christian? If so, what do you base that belief on if not the scriptures? If you're not a Christian, then I don't understand your need to be here to insult people. Discuss things, sure. But to insult? That tells me a lot about your motive because folks don't tend to hang out in places they don't agree with or believe in.

Also, what do you expect Christians to base their beliefs on, if not the Bible, which is God's own words? That hardly seems strange. That's like telling a construction crew that builds houses on foundations that they need a crutch. What is it about God and His Word that makes you feel so threatened? It seems to me that your issue is with God Himself, not those who follow Him.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E. Ryter View Post
What do you base this opinion on because that's not what God says in His Word. ...snip...
Experience and logic.

God has said nothing. Men have said plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity