Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 02:29 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,454,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Ever heard of human trafficking? Seriously Matt, you need to open your eyes to the evil in our world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What are you doing about human trafficking jimmiej?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Watching it all unfold on Fox and CNN. He does not understand yet that good news of any sort is not headline news, although good things are happening all around him if he cared to open his eyes and look, he would then realize the bad news that he's attracted to makes up very little of the real world in comparison to the good happening around him. So to appease the likes of Jimmie, at the end of the news they throw out a little feel good story, but not until after they have portayed the world to be falling apart.
Quote:
Why can’t you discuss things without the personal jabs? Seriously, lose the hate, man!
If you say so jimmie, you can't come up with the scripture that confirms Peter had the authority to determine what is and isn't scripture, so you throw the hate and persecution card out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 02:34 PM

20,498 posts, read 12,892,852 times
Quote:
If you say so jimmie, you can't come up with the scripture that confirms Peter had the authority to determine what is and isn't scripture, so you throw the hate and persecution card out.
If you want to act like an adult, we can continue this discussion. If not, I’m done with you.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
If you want to act like an adult, we can continue this discussion. If not, I’m done with you.
Well,it would help if you would point me to the scripture that i have been requesting stating what you are saying. Your choice to be done with me too, there's your escape clause.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Well,it would help if you would point me to the scripture that i have been requesting stating what you are saying. Your choice to be done with me too, there's your escape clause.
In John 21, Jesus gives Peter the duty and authority to shepherd the early church.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
In John 21, Jesus gives Peter the duty and authority to shepherd the early church.
That is not implying what you are saying and you know it isn't. The scripture being referenced in 2 Timothy is the Torah, to think otherwise is just plain wrong, even if the NT is considered scripture.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
That is not implying what you are saying and you know it isn't. The scripture being referenced in 2 Timothy is the Torah, to think otherwise is just plain wrong, even if the NT is considered scripture.
John 21 tells us that Peter knew what was Spirit-led and what wasn’t.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,337,228 times
Quote:
If it's in the bible - like the shekel-eating fish, talking donkey and dust-eating serpent - it must be true.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
So do many believers, and using your argument we can if spirit led determine what is scripture and what isn't too. Like i have said to you, Peter got it wrong many a time when walking with Jesus and that did not magically change overnight after pentecost. What happened to him on pentecost is no different to our own individual pentecost. There is no NT writing that states anyone has the right to determine what is scripture outside of the OT and what isn't. While you are scrambling for other scriptures to back up your own beliefs, please provide me with a OT scripture foretelling of another compilation of books to be added to the Torah.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No it does not, provide the verse if i am missing something, it says feed my sheep and nothing more. Something the shepherds were not doing.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
So do many believers, and using your argument we can if spirit led determine what is scripture and what isn't too. Like i have said to you, Peter got it wrong many a time when walking with Jesus and that did not magically change overnight after pentecost. What happened to him on pentecost is no different to our own individual pentecost. There is no NT writing that states anyone has the right to determine what is scripture outside of the OT and what isn't. While you are scrambling for other scriptures to back up your own beliefs, please provide me with a OT scripture foretelling of another compilation of books to be added to the Torah.
But other believers didn’t have Jesus giving them authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity