Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM

740 posts, read 2,014,464 times

Advertisements

By Mark Earley
11/5/2007

Planned Parenthood's Secret Abortion Clinic

Note: This commentary was delivered by PFM President Mark Earley.

In Aurora, Illinois, a Christian construction worker was working on a new 22,000 square-foot office building. But the owner, Gemini Office Development, (G.O.D.) wanted some unusual features. Why, the construction worker wondered, would the owners want bullet-proof windows and multiple surgical rooms?

It turned out Gemini Office Development was in reality a front group for Planned Parenthood, which planned to open a super-sized abortion clinic. It’s an example of just how devious Planned Parenthood is—and of how the abortion industry is running scared.

When Planned Parenthood’s front group went to the city for permission to build, it claimed that a tenant had not yet been chosen for what it termed an “office building.”

When Aurora residents learned what was actually being built, many of them objected. Many, angered at the deceit perpetrated upon the city, asked Aurora city officials to deny a permit for permanent occupancy.

In response, Planned Parenthood claimed it had no choice but to lie: After all, if citizens knew an abortion clinic was being built, they might, well, protest. Well, of course they would!

Aurora hired attorneys to determine whether Planned Parenthood’s deceit created a fatal flaw in the approvals the abortion facility got from the city. Thousands of pro-life citizens launched 40 days of prayer and protest in front of the clinic.

In the end, the city allowed the abortion clinic to open. But the battle over this mega-clinic reveals an important truth. Planned Parenthood claims that abortion is accepted by American society—that it is only a few religious cranks who object to it. But if that’s true, why all the secrecy?

The reality is that support for abortion-on-demand is dropping like a rock. Too many people now know the truth about abortion—that it takes the life of a healthy human baby.

Planned Parenthood is also demonizing pro-life citizens by suggesting that there is something wrong with objecting or protesting. There isn’t. Protest is an important part of American life. In fact, our country was founded on it.

Citizens have not only a right but a duty to object when they see businesses moving into their towns that might cause harm to their fellow citizens. Imagine the outcry if, say, Wal-Mart were caught trying to sneak a new store into town—and they claimed they had to lie about what they were building because they did not want to deal with objections or protesters.

Through the prophet Isaiah, God paints a beautiful picture of what a community that seeks righteousness will look like: “My people,” God says, “will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.”

How can a community be at peace—enjoy shalom—while babies are being put to death down the street?

Albert Schweitzer in his book Reverence for Life said that we can either make history or suffer history. It all depends on whether or not we have a reverence for human life.

So three cheers to the citizens of Aurora who fought the secret abortion clinic—who took a stand for the reverence for human life. They are being the best of citizens. Maybe their actions will allow us to make history, rather than suffer history.

Did you know that you are funding Planned Parenthood?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post3399752
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,482 times
While Christians may protest, have they gone so far to adopt all the babies currently 'on the market?' If we still have orphanages, we still have unwanted kids. And as far as killing goes, we have babies 22 years old, being brought back from overseas in body bags.
I guess it is perspective; which killing, unloving, hating do you want to stop and how do you plan on ending it? This doesn't mean we shouldn't protest, but we should do more than that and I don't hear many cries for more activism.

Last edited by Kin Atoms; 04-09-2008 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: errata

Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Yeah, the religious zealots only protest. Why would an abortion clinic need bullet proof windows? Some workers at abortion clinics wear bullet proof vests...why? For fear of protest?
There are too many religious zealots out there who want to hurt others in the name of god.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:04 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,495,633 times
i just love it when people kill in the name of God. i am sure HE loves it too--

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
O, how this particular thing just breaks my heart....and somewhat a righteous indignations does come into my heart about the issue of abortion.
I so pray that people could truly see the truth about it.
Especially our government!!! Denial is such a awful thing and the consequences of it.
I have counseled individuals that have had this done. And the places like Planned Parenthood who promote it and do not explain what happens to alot of women with the psychological effects of the abortion. That later on in their lives the guilt, shame, regret that happens and creeps into their emotions.
I receive a email from FRC (family research council) to sign a petition to President Bush in asking him to approve a new Title X regulations that ensure no federal money goes to groups like Planned Parenthood. And also asking him to see that legitimate clinics are not forced to refer for abortions.

So can you: frc.org

Thanks ibcwife for posting such an important issue to the christian.

Blessings

Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,626 times
Personally, I'd rather terminate a pregnancy than let some poor kid live in poverty.

But that's terribly immoral of me, now, isn't it?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
O, how this particular thing just breaks my heart....and somewhat a righteous indignations does come into my heart about the issue of abortion.
I so pray that people could truly see the truth about it.
Especially our government!!! Denial is such a awful thing and the consequences of it.
I have counseled individuals that have had this done. And the places like Planned Parenthood who promote it and do not explain what happens to alot of women with the psychological effects of the abortion. That later on in their lives the guilt, shame, regret that happens and creeps into their emotions.
I receive a email from FRC (family research council) to sign a petition to President Bush in asking him to approve a new Title X regulations that ensure no federal money goes to groups like Planned Parenthood. And also asking him to see that legitimate clinics are not forced to refer for abortions.

So can you: frc.org

Thanks ibcwife for posting such an important issue to the christian.

Blessings
Do you "counsel" the women or try to make them feel guilty and horrible about themselves. Aren't these "psychological effects" exactly what organizations such as Family research Council and Focus On the Family attempt to do to women who have had abortions? These organizations are extremist and have more in common with the 14th Century Inquisition and various witchcraft trials. It's because of these organizations that PP clinics need bullet proof windows and that the employees wear bullet proof vests.
Anyone can label himself a christian, that's easy, but living as one is the hard part, ain't it?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 PM

740 posts, read 2,014,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Do you "counsel" the women or try to make them feel guilty and horrible about themselves. Aren't these "psychological effects" exactly what organizations such as Family research Council and Focus On the Family attempt to do to women who have had abortions? These organizations are extremist and have more in common with the 14th Century Inquisition and various witchcraft trials. It's because of these organizations that PP clinics need bullet proof windows and that the employees wear bullet proof vests.
Anyone can label himself a christian, that's easy, but living as one is the hard part, ain't it?

Apparently you haven't heard any of their (FRC, FOF)radio programs if this is how you feel. Because that is NOT how they see women who have had abortions!!!! And you are absolutely and totally WRONG in your analogies!! You are right about one thing. ANYONE can label himself a Christian and do ANYTHING in the name of Christ. I can say I am a doctor but that doesn't make me one. True followers of Christ are peace loving people who do not break the 10 commandments. Vengeance is for the Lord himself to carry out.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Well I counsel them in the after affects of a abortion. That comes in their hearts of a choice they made in their lives and truly have a difficult time in resolving it and encouraged them that God loves them.

I'm not there to condemn others of choices that feel they needed to make in their lives. But to encourage that there are other affects that come along with the choice of abortions..depression, suicide, overwhelming feelings of shame, guilt. Some physical affects. Permanent sterilization.

Some always look at the now circumstances and not the long term. Yes, it does effect a woman emotionally. No matter how much you try to suppress it with logic and reasoning.
Even those whom for medical reasons have had to do this. Have suffered greatly.. I am truly sorry that this had to happen and in some cases there is no other options.

God gave a woman the nurturing nature. A teenage girl does not really understand this part of their hearts. But later in life it does come around. This is when it happens.
Yes, I am a christian and my heart goes out to all women and hope they will not allow themselves to possibly be put into a position that some day they regret the choices they made (and I do realize there are those cases who had no choice). But to encourage a life of self-respect and a love to feel good that one has made a decision in their life that they will not regret one day.
Planned Parenthood does not sit down and counsel the whole woman. I feel this needs to be presented before a decision is made....
They don't give them all the facts.
Also it does affect others not just the woman but also those around her also...

P.S. No it isn't difficult live a christian life. I never felt so wonderful and respected myself until I became a woman of God.

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 04-10-2008 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity